I've been enjoying the Maximo iM-590 for about two months or so. The audio quality was fantastic (I have noob ears). I babied the IEM and I'd always put it in the case. At the bottom of the cable it seems to have a problem. At first it lost some of the range now I've completely lost the right channel, unless I twist it around. I've used it normally. Needless to say I'm in the market for durable cans now. Possibly an IEM with a user replaceable cable. I do not suggest the iM-590 to anyone considering it. Spend more and get something with a removable cable.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Graphite Blacktagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- best earbuds under $50 for a rock listener? Last post on 9/4/10 at 12:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo iMetal iM790... any word? Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Brainwavz M2 worth the wait? Last post on 11/10/10 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iM590 help / suggestions Last post on 8/26/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an affordable IEM that is on par with the Grado SR60i. Last post on 8/4/10 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
Maximo, great customer servicepost #1 of 910/26/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/26/10 at 12:33pm
Have you contacted Maximo about your cable problem? I'd expect that they would work with you on your issue.
Removable cables are certainly a great idea, but making that the top priority restricts your IEM selection considerably. There are many varieties of materials and construction quality in IEM cables.post #3 of 910/26/10 at 12:42pmThread Starterpost #4 of 910/26/10 at 12:44pmpost #5 of 910/26/10 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 910/26/10 at 1:47pm
They redesigned the cable couple of months back for greater durability. If you can manage a warranty replacement, you'll most likely get the new version.
If you have access to a soldering iron a DIY solution might be an option.post #7 of 910/26/10 at 2:05pmThread Starter
I have the redesigned cable. I think I may have been tightening the cord in the case with excess force. That could be the reason, but then I don't get why they'd design the case like that. I 'm already thinking about HJE900s. I already contacted them. I'm waiting for a reply now.post #8 of 910/26/10 at 4:15pm
Hi faisal, this very much sounds like a broken connection at the plug. Which is not really anything to do with the cable itself. Please go to the Maximo support page and enter an RMA request. It's no problem for us to send overseas, just that unfortunately the shipping can take 3-4 weeks longer than within the US.
As far as using the case, just to make sure that you're first putting the 2 earphones into the middle area, then winding the cord around the outside of it? This should not cause any damage. The only thing to be careful of really, is don't get any cord caught in the zipper.post #9 of 91/10/11 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Since I was overseas I didn't have to send it back. They made me cut the earbuds off and send a picture. It felt awkward to do so. They said they'll ship out my replacement tomorrow. I won't have to use the buds included with my S9 anymore!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo, great customer service
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 1 minute ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 9 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 12 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)