I've been enjoying the Maximo iM-590 for about two months or so. The audio quality was fantastic (I have noob ears). I babied the IEM and I'd always put it in the case. At the bottom of the cable it seems to have a problem. At first it lost some of the range now I've completely lost the right channel, unless I twist it around. I've used it normally. Needless to say I'm in the market for durable cans now. Possibly an IEM with a user replaceable cable. I do not suggest the iM-590 to anyone considering it. Spend more and get something with a removable cable.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Graphite Blacktagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- best earbuds under $50 for a rock listener? Last post on 9/4/10 at 12:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo iMetal iM790... any word? Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Brainwavz M2 worth the wait? Last post on 11/10/10 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iM590 help / suggestions Last post on 8/26/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an affordable IEM that is on par with the Grado SR60i. Last post on 8/4/10 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DIY Cable Info and Resources
Last edited: 3/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The iFi Audio Micro iDSD was sent to me by iFi with help from their Norwegian distributor Audioaktøren for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC...
This is pretty much the same weightless, rickety, tiny player apparently offered by Kogan, oRiver, Ritmix, etc. It comes decently boxed with a soft pouch, USB cable, and nice looking (if...
Aune M2 Pro Review Intro : Since the past few years I had kept myself away from trying out any new DAPs or audio gear since I was pretty satisfied with my Fiio X5 (1st gen) and Sansa Clip...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Maximo, great customer servicepost #1 of 910/26/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/26/10 at 12:33pm
Have you contacted Maximo about your cable problem? I'd expect that they would work with you on your issue.
Removable cables are certainly a great idea, but making that the top priority restricts your IEM selection considerably. There are many varieties of materials and construction quality in IEM cables.post #3 of 910/26/10 at 12:42pmThread Starterpost #4 of 910/26/10 at 12:44pmpost #5 of 910/26/10 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 910/26/10 at 1:47pm
They redesigned the cable couple of months back for greater durability. If you can manage a warranty replacement, you'll most likely get the new version.
If you have access to a soldering iron a DIY solution might be an option.post #7 of 910/26/10 at 2:05pmThread Starter
I have the redesigned cable. I think I may have been tightening the cord in the case with excess force. That could be the reason, but then I don't get why they'd design the case like that. I 'm already thinking about HJE900s. I already contacted them. I'm waiting for a reply now.post #8 of 910/26/10 at 4:15pm
Hi faisal, this very much sounds like a broken connection at the plug. Which is not really anything to do with the cable itself. Please go to the Maximo support page and enter an RMA request. It's no problem for us to send overseas, just that unfortunately the shipping can take 3-4 weeks longer than within the US.
As far as using the case, just to make sure that you're first putting the 2 earphones into the middle area, then winding the cord around the outside of it? This should not cause any damage. The only thing to be careful of really, is don't get any cord caught in the zipper.post #9 of 91/10/11 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Since I was overseas I didn't have to send it back. They made me cut the earbuds off and send a picture. It felt awkward to do so. They said they'll ship out my replacement tomorrow. I won't have to use the buds included with my S9 anymore!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo, great customer service
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 45 seconds ago
- › The IBASSO dzero mk3 thread 1 minute ago
- › For sale: Practically new Schiit JOTUNHEIM ... a great machine with... 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet, Volume 5 -- Spring 2016 -- Pictures & Impressions... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i 6 minutes ago
- › Upgrading Soundcard/getting an DAC/Amp 7 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by peter123
- › Basic M90 by Lad3
- › Aune M2 32BIT DSD portable music player by Faheem
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...