I've been enjoying the Maximo iM-590 for about two months or so. The audio quality was fantastic (I have noob ears). I babied the IEM and I'd always put it in the case. At the bottom of the cable it seems to have a problem. At first it lost some of the range now I've completely lost the right channel, unless I twist it around. I've used it normally. Needless to say I'm in the market for durable cans now. Possibly an IEM with a user replaceable cable. I do not suggest the iM-590 to anyone considering it. Spend more and get something with a removable cable.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Graphite Blacktagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- best earbuds under $50 for a rock listener? Last post on 9/4/10 at 12:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo iMetal iM790... any word? Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Brainwavz M2 worth the wait? Last post on 11/10/10 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iM590 help / suggestions Last post on 8/26/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an affordable IEM that is on par with the Grado SR60i. Last post on 8/4/10 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
Maximo, great customer servicepost #1 of 910/26/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/26/10 at 12:33pm
Have you contacted Maximo about your cable problem? I'd expect that they would work with you on your issue.
Removable cables are certainly a great idea, but making that the top priority restricts your IEM selection considerably. There are many varieties of materials and construction quality in IEM cables.post #3 of 910/26/10 at 12:42pmThread Starterpost #4 of 910/26/10 at 12:44pmpost #5 of 910/26/10 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 910/26/10 at 1:47pm
They redesigned the cable couple of months back for greater durability. If you can manage a warranty replacement, you'll most likely get the new version.
If you have access to a soldering iron a DIY solution might be an option.post #7 of 910/26/10 at 2:05pmThread Starter
I have the redesigned cable. I think I may have been tightening the cord in the case with excess force. That could be the reason, but then I don't get why they'd design the case like that. I 'm already thinking about HJE900s. I already contacted them. I'm waiting for a reply now.post #8 of 910/26/10 at 4:15pm
Hi faisal, this very much sounds like a broken connection at the plug. Which is not really anything to do with the cable itself. Please go to the Maximo support page and enter an RMA request. It's no problem for us to send overseas, just that unfortunately the shipping can take 3-4 weeks longer than within the US.
As far as using the case, just to make sure that you're first putting the 2 earphones into the middle area, then winding the cord around the outside of it? This should not cause any damage. The only thing to be careful of really, is don't get any cord caught in the zipper.post #9 of 91/10/11 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Since I was overseas I didn't have to send it back. They made me cut the earbuds off and send a picture. It felt awkward to do so. They said they'll ship out my replacement tomorrow. I won't have to use the buds included with my S9 anymore!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo, great customer service
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › iBasso DX50, 5mths old, UK 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Portable Headphone Amplifier "WAGNUS Bialbero Epsilon S" impression... 2 minutes ago
- › Budget can for movies 2 minutes ago
- › Stolen headphones 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 5 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U1 vs. NAD VISO HP50 5 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE7 Appreciation Thread ~~~ 6 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude