I've been enjoying the Maximo iM-590 for about two months or so. The audio quality was fantastic (I have noob ears). I babied the IEM and I'd always put it in the case. At the bottom of the cable it seems to have a problem. At first it lost some of the range now I've completely lost the right channel, unless I twist it around. I've used it normally. Needless to say I'm in the market for durable cans now. Possibly an IEM with a user replaceable cable. I do not suggest the iM-590 to anyone considering it. Spend more and get something with a removable cable.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Graphite Blacktagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- best earbuds under $50 for a rock listener? Last post on 9/4/10 at 12:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo iMetal iM790... any word? Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Brainwavz M2 worth the wait? Last post on 11/10/10 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iM590 help / suggestions Last post on 8/26/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an affordable IEM that is on par with the Grado SR60i. Last post on 8/4/10 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
Maximo, great customer servicepost #1 of 910/26/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/26/10 at 12:33pm
Have you contacted Maximo about your cable problem? I'd expect that they would work with you on your issue.
Removable cables are certainly a great idea, but making that the top priority restricts your IEM selection considerably. There are many varieties of materials and construction quality in IEM cables.post #3 of 910/26/10 at 12:42pmThread Starterpost #4 of 910/26/10 at 12:44pmpost #5 of 910/26/10 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 910/26/10 at 1:47pm
They redesigned the cable couple of months back for greater durability. If you can manage a warranty replacement, you'll most likely get the new version.
If you have access to a soldering iron a DIY solution might be an option.post #7 of 910/26/10 at 2:05pmThread Starter
I have the redesigned cable. I think I may have been tightening the cord in the case with excess force. That could be the reason, but then I don't get why they'd design the case like that. I 'm already thinking about HJE900s. I already contacted them. I'm waiting for a reply now.post #8 of 910/26/10 at 4:15pm
Hi faisal, this very much sounds like a broken connection at the plug. Which is not really anything to do with the cable itself. Please go to the Maximo support page and enter an RMA request. It's no problem for us to send overseas, just that unfortunately the shipping can take 3-4 weeks longer than within the US.
As far as using the case, just to make sure that you're first putting the 2 earphones into the middle area, then winding the cord around the outside of it? This should not cause any damage. The only thing to be careful of really, is don't get any cord caught in the zipper.post #9 of 91/10/11 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Since I was overseas I didn't have to send it back. They made me cut the earbuds off and send a picture. It felt awkward to do so. They said they'll ship out my replacement tomorrow. I won't have to use the buds included with my S9 anymore!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo, great customer service
- Hi End Cables
- › What is better: a somewhat expensive pair of headphones, or a... 17 seconds ago
- › IC: WA22 with lots of legendary tubes 45 seconds ago
- › Close back under 200$ or 300$ if you convince me 51 seconds ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 1 minute ago
- › Meridian Prime Headphone Amplifier Review 1 minute ago
- › Wanting to decorate my headphones, lol. (audio-technica logo) 1 minute ago
- › WTB: J$/JMoney v3 Denon earpads 2 minutes ago
- › Headphone + amp + DAC for around $1000 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] Brainwavz HM5, A New Neutral Champ 3 minutes ago
- › So Many GOOD Options for new headphones help! 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe