I've been enjoying the Maximo iM-590 for about two months or so. The audio quality was fantastic (I have noob ears). I babied the IEM and I'd always put it in the case. At the bottom of the cable it seems to have a problem. At first it lost some of the range now I've completely lost the right channel, unless I twist it around. I've used it normally. Needless to say I'm in the market for durable cans now. Possibly an IEM with a user replaceable cable. I do not suggest the iM-590 to anyone considering it. Spend more and get something with a removable cable.
- categoryHeadphone Cablestagged by System, 10/27/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Graphite Blacktagged by System, 10/27/10
- productMAXIMO iM-590 Enhanced Definition Isolation Earphones, Platinum Whitetagged by System, 10/27/10
Related Forum Threads
- best earbuds under $50 for a rock listener? Last post on 9/4/10 at 12:07pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo iMetal iM790... any word? Last post on 9/2/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Brainwavz M2 worth the wait? Last post on 11/10/10 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- iM590 help / suggestions Last post on 8/26/10 at 3:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for an affordable IEM that is on par with the Grado SR60i. Last post on 8/4/10 at 2:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Hi End CablesLast edited: 1/8/12
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
TL;DR : Don't be lazy, I already made the review super short Let's just keep this short, I got the MMX102IE (same version just with a mic and 1 button remote) for about 40$ cuz of a discount...
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
Maximo, great customer servicepost #1 of 910/26/10 at 12:29pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 910/26/10 at 12:33pm
Have you contacted Maximo about your cable problem? I'd expect that they would work with you on your issue.
Removable cables are certainly a great idea, but making that the top priority restricts your IEM selection considerably. There are many varieties of materials and construction quality in IEM cables.post #3 of 910/26/10 at 12:42pmThread Starterpost #4 of 910/26/10 at 12:44pmpost #5 of 910/26/10 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #6 of 910/26/10 at 1:47pm
They redesigned the cable couple of months back for greater durability. If you can manage a warranty replacement, you'll most likely get the new version.
If you have access to a soldering iron a DIY solution might be an option.post #7 of 910/26/10 at 2:05pmThread Starter
I have the redesigned cable. I think I may have been tightening the cord in the case with excess force. That could be the reason, but then I don't get why they'd design the case like that. I 'm already thinking about HJE900s. I already contacted them. I'm waiting for a reply now.post #8 of 910/26/10 at 4:15pm
Hi faisal, this very much sounds like a broken connection at the plug. Which is not really anything to do with the cable itself. Please go to the Maximo support page and enter an RMA request. It's no problem for us to send overseas, just that unfortunately the shipping can take 3-4 weeks longer than within the US.
As far as using the case, just to make sure that you're first putting the 2 earphones into the middle area, then winding the cord around the outside of it? This should not cause any damage. The only thing to be careful of really, is don't get any cord caught in the zipper.post #9 of 91/10/11 at 1:44pmThread Starter
Since I was overseas I didn't have to send it back. They made me cut the earbuds off and send a picture. It felt awkward to do so. They said they'll ship out my replacement tomorrow. I won't have to use the buds included with my S9 anymore!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Maximo, great customer service
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Hi End Cables
- › What headphones in this site should i consider? 21 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Audiophiles in Dubai? 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Which ieMs are the most durable and won't go out in one ear? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Bendix 6385 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)