Are they essentially the same in term of driving headphones (such as HD800)? The difference between them is that WA5 can drive K1000 and some high efficient speakers? Thank you in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- Woo Audio WA5 Initial Impressions Last post on 10/14/12 at 7:19am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- EML 5U4G MESHPLATE VS. EML 274B MESHPLATE IN WOO WA5 OR WA5LE Last post on 1/13/11 at 10:44am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo WA-5 / WA-5LE Tube Rolling Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:45am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- HD800 + $1,000-$2,500 Amp = Sonic Bliss? Last post on 7/17/14 at 1:10am in High-end Audio Forum
- Tube amps with a 'cold'/'bright' sound? Last post on 12/26/12 at 6:14am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
WA5 vs WA5-LEpost #1 of 310/25/10 at 10:47amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 310/25/10 at 11:16ampost #3 of 310/26/10 at 2:54pm
Yes, the only difference is that the WA5 has speaker terminals. Those speaker terminal are only worth the money if you own or plan on buying speakers that are very easy to drive (at least 90 dB sensitivity, preferably higher) or listen to speakers at low volume levels.
- WA5 vs WA5-LE
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 40 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly C3 Appreciation and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › sennheiser hd25-II custom earpads for more comfort. 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Taket H2+ with amp which can drive it well combo 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)