No difference in terms of sq. He offers both types purely because different applications, I have more amps with single DIP sockets so bought duals and not singles. It's your choice, are you thinking of rolling chips in anything else?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Budget portable for 250ohm beyers? Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso P4, D6, D12? Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice please: Mini3 or Ibasso D2+ Boa or IBasso T3? Last post on 4/1/11 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- SMALL amp for $150 Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage Arrow 12HE Vs iBasso D4, P4, D10, D12 vs RSA Predator, Shadow, Mustang Last post on 12/1/10 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, I see. Now that you've mention it, I actually have a desktop DAC/amp that has socketed opamps, a Matrix Cube. If I go for the dual LME49990, I guess I can use it there too! Great advice, thanks!
A "shout out" thank you to Ron "HiFlight" for his incredible patience with me on his P4 topkit. I am still fumbling along with it all, not sure if my configuration is OK, or not. Admittedly, I am a software guy and not a hardware type....
Ron is an absolute gent, I have learned much from him.
if you are unsure of your set up, ask on this thread. There are many peeps willing to help, don't risk damaging anything for the sake of a question.
Mr SpudHarris and all other !
What is your P4 configuration? Can you upload photos and a description of the sound?
I am still working through some basic concepts, such as what each component is that I am looking at.
I plan to upload info for newbies once I an sure I understand what I am looking at.
Question to anyone;
Is it possible to install a Burr Brown OPA627 opamp into the P4?
I read from Portaphile's description of the 627 that it is an excellent opamp.
Would I need one or two?
"Is that amps circuit optimised for the 627 chip?"
- I don't... and am open to recommendations for rolling.
This is where I bought all mine.....
The ISL5002 are a little tricky to get as they come on a special adapter with resistors on the base. I bought mine from Ron Kerlin (HiFlight). He is my OpAmp Guru and an absolute gent, I'm sure he will sort you out if you drop him a line.
About the ISL5002, can you tell me if I need to get 1 or 2 of those to use in the P4? I'm going to PM Ron to ask about availability and price...
Possibly. You can still find them at eBay from a chinese seller, and maybe some iBasso retailers may still have them in stock...
Well, after contacting Ron (HiFlight) about the ISL55002 chip, I finally got it up and running in my P4! He's really nice and supportive, and following his suggestion of using the ISL55002 in L/R with the AD797 chips as buffers and dummy ground chips, I achieved the kind of sound I was looking for from my P4, making it sound much like a tube amp, warm and musical, yet detailed with great bass performance! I'm very happy with this setup!
- P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Price Drop- ALO Continental Dual Mono w Extras 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic dt990 250 ohm or Philips fidelio X2 for music, gaming,... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 6 minutes ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP L1 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear