No difference in terms of sq. He offers both types purely because different applications, I have more amps with single DIP sockets so bought duals and not singles. It's your choice, are you thinking of rolling chips in anything else?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Budget portable for 250ohm beyers? Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso P4, D6, D12? Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice please: Mini3 or Ibasso D2+ Boa or IBasso T3? Last post on 4/1/11 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- SMALL amp for $150 Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage Arrow 12HE Vs iBasso D4, P4, D10, D12 vs RSA Predator, Shadow, Mustang Last post on 12/1/10 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 34
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Ok, I see. Now that you've mention it, I actually have a desktop DAC/amp that has socketed opamps, a Matrix Cube. If I go for the dual LME49990, I guess I can use it there too! Great advice, thanks!
A "shout out" thank you to Ron "HiFlight" for his incredible patience with me on his P4 topkit. I am still fumbling along with it all, not sure if my configuration is OK, or not. Admittedly, I am a software guy and not a hardware type....
Ron is an absolute gent, I have learned much from him.
if you are unsure of your set up, ask on this thread. There are many peeps willing to help, don't risk damaging anything for the sake of a question.
Mr SpudHarris and all other !
What is your P4 configuration? Can you upload photos and a description of the sound?
I am still working through some basic concepts, such as what each component is that I am looking at.
I plan to upload info for newbies once I an sure I understand what I am looking at.
Question to anyone;
Is it possible to install a Burr Brown OPA627 opamp into the P4?
I read from Portaphile's description of the 627 that it is an excellent opamp.
Would I need one or two?
"Is that amps circuit optimised for the 627 chip?"
- I don't... and am open to recommendations for rolling.
This is where I bought all mine.....
The ISL5002 are a little tricky to get as they come on a special adapter with resistors on the base. I bought mine from Ron Kerlin (HiFlight). He is my OpAmp Guru and an absolute gent, I'm sure he will sort you out if you drop him a line.
About the ISL5002, can you tell me if I need to get 1 or 2 of those to use in the P4? I'm going to PM Ron to ask about availability and price...
Possibly. You can still find them at eBay from a chinese seller, and maybe some iBasso retailers may still have them in stock...
Well, after contacting Ron (HiFlight) about the ISL55002 chip, I finally got it up and running in my P4! He's really nice and supportive, and following his suggestion of using the ISL55002 in L/R with the AD797 chips as buffers and dummy ground chips, I achieved the kind of sound I was looking for from my P4, making it sound much like a tube amp, warm and musical, yet detailed with great bass performance! I'm very happy with this setup!
- P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 17 seconds ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 40 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Official X1 2nd gen stable firmware discussion thread--FW1.6.0 2 minutes ago
- › Trafomatic Experience Head One 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear