- 109 Posts. Joined 1/2012
- Location: NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Budget portable for 250ohm beyers? Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso P4, D6, D12? Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice please: Mini3 or Ibasso D2+ Boa or IBasso T3? Last post on 4/1/11 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- SMALL amp for $150 Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage Arrow 12HE Vs iBasso D4, P4, D10, D12 vs RSA Predator, Shadow, Mustang Last post on 12/1/10 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 31
Gear mentioned in this thread:
i was interested to find the stock configuartion has the gain at the +10.5db setting. I thought it was always best to set the gain at the lowest setting you are happy with that works with the head unit. I wondered why they would set the stock to this?
Edited by giveit2menow - 8/20/12 at 9:48am
warbler or pb2? i want the best souding quality for my ultrasone pro 900 and my hd598. i know the warbler is fine for *drive* my headphones, but i really want the best sound quality , soundstage, base deep, instruments separation, details, and more. thx!
I have both the P4 and PB2/DB2. If you are using them single ended, you may not hear too much difference, depending on the op amps and buffers. Where you will hear a difference is running balanced. I have the iBasso balanced Sennheiser cord to my HD600s and there is a noticeable openness in the sound.
My P4 is for on the road driving my Ety 4S and I’m running an 8620 OPA and HA5002 buffers. I did have 627s in the V/G sockets but I change them out but I don’t recall what is in there. In my PB2 I also use the HA5002 buffers but swap around the OPAs. If you are going to go balanced, get the PB2.
They just give something different even with the same opamps, In 4 channel mode the P4 is a very exiting amp to listen to, the PB-2 is probably a more realistic sounding amp and one I transport for vacations etc with a set of balanced cans (D7000 usually). The P4 is a nice form to strap to a classic for an involving on the go listen but not one I use for critical istening. With the right chipset you probably could tune it for any application I just choose to have the two amps for separate uses.
Hope that helps.
Thanks for the advice on the Warbler. =)
+ gold-plated sockets
+ 3CH / 4CH design
- four op-amp's required, or 2x stereo (like MUSES01 x2 etc.), no advantage here.
- less battery life
- higher THD and crosstalk? Not listed in the .pdf.
Naturally there are more differences, anyone else compared them?
What's the IC at the bottom-left in this pic?
Where did you get the 5002's? They are not your standard plug and play as they have to be mounted on an adapter with smd resistors etc....
If you got them ready mounted then yes you put them in the centre sockets.
It's worth doing though as the 5002 is easily my favourite buffer.
Hope that helps....
That's the setup I currently have in my P4! It's very good indeed...
- P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
- › What portable DAC/AMP do you recommend me to use with the ATH M50X ? 3 seconds ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 37 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 45 seconds ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › InEar StageDiver 4s 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear