Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 25

post #361 of 528

What kind of battery life have you folks been getting on this monster.  Love my P3+ but could use more power for my 702s.  Feels like the P4 is the right next amp for me (maybe even good enough to sell the RSA) but I am somewhat put off by the fixed battery.

 

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #362 of 528

I never use it in a portable situation for very long at all...usually sits on top of my desk, nightstand or end table plugged in

post #363 of 528

image-1.jpeg

 

Here is a little headphone and amp porn for ya!

 

LCD-2 (rev1)

 

I have the D6 in DAC mode to the P4 with a custom silver mini to mini, the P4 definitely "drives" these phones!

 

*dont normally listen to this type of music through phones but David Guetta station on PANDORA...excellent experience!


Edited by paulybatz - 12/31/11 at 8:38am
post #364 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulybatz View Post

image-1.jpeg

 

Here is a little headphone and amp porn for ya!

 

LCD-2 (rev1)

 

I have the D6 in DAC mode to the P4 with a custom silver mini to mini, the P4 definitely "drives" these phones!

 

*dont normally listen to this type of music through phones but David Guetta station on PANDORA...excellent experience!


Sweet.

 

I was wondering how the P4 would do with tougher phones like these and the 702s!  Sounds like I'll be good to go if the battery life checks out.

 

 

 

post #365 of 528

In my experience, the Stepdance works much much better with LCD2 than P4.

 

P4 + LCD2 = anemic performance

post #366 of 528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

In my experience, the Stepdance works much much better with LCD2 than P4.

 

P4 + LCD2 = anemic performance

I have no idea what op amps you are using but that sure isn't my experience. 

 

post #367 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post

I have no idea what op amps you are using but that sure isn't my experience. 

 

 

Stock opamp configuration.

 

P4 with LCD2 sounds better than many other amps out there but totally pale in comparison to Stepdance when driving the LCD2.

post #368 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by uelover View Post

In my experience, the Stepdance works much much better with LCD2 than P4.

 

P4 + LCD2 = anemic performance


Actually, its more like in "your opinion" my friend...P4 is a fantastic little amp.

 

 

 

post #369 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulybatz View Post


Actually, its more like in "your opinion" my friend...P4 is a fantastic little amp.

 

 

 

/rant
 

i dont really understand the obsession with people writing imo....of course its their opinion, they freaking wrote it...typically if you're expressing someone elses opinion you would specify that

 

/endrant

post #370 of 528

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

post #371 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

/rant
 

i dont really understand the obsession with people writing imo....of course its their opinion, they freaking wrote it...typically if you're expressing someone elses opinion you would specify that

 

/endrant



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Mostro View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

 

This is great...love rants...dont like hijackers
 

 

post #372 of 528

Well just my 2 cents but.....

 

I owned the 2Stepdance, I researched it a lot and had several conversations with Jan himself regarding the SQ of the 2Stepdance compared to the original (OPA121 compared to OPA1611) and he assured me that no comprimises were made with the SQ of the 2Stepdance. I say this because I never compared the original Stepdance with the P4. I did however compare the 2Stepdance with the P4 and sold it fairly soon after as the P4 was superior in many ways and as a bonus cost less also. The P4 is an amazing amp. I have (and have had) quite a few portable and home/desktops and I can tell you the P4 punches way, way above it's modest price tag. With the right chipset (yes this can add to the overall cost) it can compete with amps costing considerably more,

 

I am running OPA627AM's in LR + HA5002 Buffers and  ISL55002 in G/VG at the moment and I am astonished by the SQ and versatility to cope with IEM's and full sized cans. The other thing to consider is the fact that you can tune it to suit your tastes and phones by swapping out the opamps and/or buffers. I doubt I will ever part with my P4.

post #373 of 528
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudHarris View Post

Well just my 2 cents but.....

 

I owned the 2Stepdance, I researched it a lot and had several conversations with Jan himself regarding the SQ of the 2Stepdance compared to the original (OPA121 compared to OPA1611) and he assured me that no comprimises were made with the SQ of the 2Stepdance. I say this because I never compared the original Stepdance with the P4. I did however compare the 2Stepdance with the P4 and sold it fairly soon after as the P4 was superior in many ways and as a bonus cost less also. The P4 is an amazing amp. I have (and have had) quite a few portable and home/desktops and I can tell you the P4 punches way, way above it's modest price tag. With the right chipset (yes this can add to the overall cost) it can compete with amps costing considerably more,

 

I am running OPA627AM's in LR + HA5002 Buffers and  ISL55002 in G/VG at the moment and I am astonished by the SQ and versatility to cope with IEM's and full sized cans. The other thing to consider is the fact that you can tune it to suit your tastes and phones by swapping out the opamps and/or buffers. I doubt I will ever part with my P4.

X2

 

post #374 of 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulybatz View Post

photo-15.JPG

 

 

RS1i  powered by the IBASSO P4, sourced by CD via the IBASSO DB1

 

Very full sound...listening to James McBride LIVE....Part of the band sitting on the stage with them!

 

Ufront...perfection!

 

LONG TIME YA'LL hope everyone is well...listen responsibly!



looks very tempting...i get rs1i two months ago and still looking for portable amp and dac combo for my rs1i and always wondering how they sound pair with ibasso P4, my question is....how a combination between P4 and Rs1i in presenting Rock Music, especially speed metal?...whether good enough?....thanks before and sorry for my poor english

post #375 of 528

You will not be disappointed with the P4 and if you are, you can roll the OPAMPS to custom the sound to your liking, its a WIN WIN

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .