1.2 watts? O_o'
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Budget portable for 250ohm beyers? Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso P4, D6, D12? Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice please: Mini3 or Ibasso D2+ Boa or IBasso T3? Last post on 4/1/11 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- SMALL amp for $150 Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage Arrow 12HE Vs iBasso D4, P4, D10, D12 vs RSA Predator, Shadow, Mustang Last post on 12/1/10 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good point actually. If this has half as many channels but costs more (more than twice as much per channel), then what are we supposed to expect is the better amp?
I'm a a quality over quantity person which makes it hard for me to understand this.
I would think the op amp kit would add value.
OPAMP rolling kit. (includes AD797*2, OPA604*2, TLE2141 Class A*2, BUF634P WB*2, BUF634U*2, Transistor BUF*2, and LMH6655, Dummy adapter*4)
More powuh of course.
I've always dismissed ibasso as a whole because none of their products were really practical for me. The big portable a,ps with their 5 batteries and tiny run time really made me doubt if they were intended to be portable at all, I mean, I could shove a 24v and my m3 into an iPad sized case and it would be portable and I'd be sure that the sound is good. Rsa is very overpriced for their functionality, you're mostly paying fr premium parts and the brand.
Now the p4 with a rechargeable battery and pure amp is piquing my interest, though I continue to doubt the necessity of a portable amp. Now that I have an iPad, portable dacamps are a possibility.
iBasso has chosen to include an excellent rolling kit containingl very high-quality devices; this can easily account for the difference in cost between the Toucan and the P4. In addition, the circuitry is more complex with the choice of 3 and 4 channel ground architecture.
I am anticipating that for those individuals who do not need a built-in DAC or balanced output, the P4 will prove to be an excellent performer. It is really bridging the many of the differences between desktops and portables, combining many of the best features of both.
I am looking forward to putting the P4 through some stringent testing and comparison with my desktop!
How are you planning to do that? The Boomslang only outputs a balanced signal and the P4 only accepts SE input.
Seems it would take a bit of surgery to do that with the Boomslang. I am not sure it would be worth.
Yes, that is one area that I really find exciting is the 3 and 4 channel grounding. I like 4 channel but often there is DC bleed through but if done right, as I mentioned above, the sound to my ear is more open and in addition I often find it a little more dynamic with better detail separation.
It's beautiful in its simplicity. I'm curious what the back layer of that board looks like.
With so many opamps it's understandable why they didn't list battery life as different combinations would result in different drain, but I'd be interested to hear rough times once someone actually gets their hands on one.
Love your work
My warbler is on the way!!!
I have a balanced to SE mini IC someone very nice on head-fi made me to use just for this purpose!
I never have problems with Battery times...I mainly use my amps in a stationary sense...those LION packs are pretty good...
Lion batteries are good for a while, but my concern with them over rechargables is when the battery goes dead in a year will I be able to get a replacement. It was one of the key reasons I went with the D4 - I can use NiCad or Alkaline batteries in it and never need to worry about replacements.
- P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
- › Final announce new LAB II and F7200 earphones 8 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 28 seconds ago
- › Onkyo A800 and H900M full-size headphones - shipping March 2016 55 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Xelento! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear