1.2 watts? O_o'
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Budget portable for 250ohm beyers? Last post on 4/11/11 at 9:50am in Portable Headphone Amps
- iBasso P4, D6, D12? Last post on 9/21/12 at 2:26pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Advice please: Mini3 or Ibasso D2+ Boa or IBasso T3? Last post on 4/1/11 at 9:28pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- SMALL amp for $150 Last post on 12/9/10 at 8:44pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Headstage Arrow 12HE Vs iBasso D4, P4, D10, D12 vs RSA Predator, Shadow, Mustang Last post on 12/1/10 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . . - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Good point actually. If this has half as many channels but costs more (more than twice as much per channel), then what are we supposed to expect is the better amp?
I'm a a quality over quantity person which makes it hard for me to understand this.
I would think the op amp kit would add value.
OPAMP rolling kit. (includes AD797*2, OPA604*2, TLE2141 Class A*2, BUF634P WB*2, BUF634U*2, Transistor BUF*2, and LMH6655, Dummy adapter*4)
More powuh of course.
I've always dismissed ibasso as a whole because none of their products were really practical for me. The big portable a,ps with their 5 batteries and tiny run time really made me doubt if they were intended to be portable at all, I mean, I could shove a 24v and my m3 into an iPad sized case and it would be portable and I'd be sure that the sound is good. Rsa is very overpriced for their functionality, you're mostly paying fr premium parts and the brand.
Now the p4 with a rechargeable battery and pure amp is piquing my interest, though I continue to doubt the necessity of a portable amp. Now that I have an iPad, portable dacamps are a possibility.
iBasso has chosen to include an excellent rolling kit containingl very high-quality devices; this can easily account for the difference in cost between the Toucan and the P4. In addition, the circuitry is more complex with the choice of 3 and 4 channel ground architecture.
I am anticipating that for those individuals who do not need a built-in DAC or balanced output, the P4 will prove to be an excellent performer. It is really bridging the many of the differences between desktops and portables, combining many of the best features of both.
I am looking forward to putting the P4 through some stringent testing and comparison with my desktop!
How are you planning to do that? The Boomslang only outputs a balanced signal and the P4 only accepts SE input.
Seems it would take a bit of surgery to do that with the Boomslang. I am not sure it would be worth.
Yes, that is one area that I really find exciting is the 3 and 4 channel grounding. I like 4 channel but often there is DC bleed through but if done right, as I mentioned above, the sound to my ear is more open and in addition I often find it a little more dynamic with better detail separation.
It's beautiful in its simplicity. I'm curious what the back layer of that board looks like.
With so many opamps it's understandable why they didn't list battery life as different combinations would result in different drain, but I'd be interested to hear rough times once someone actually gets their hands on one.
Love your work
My warbler is on the way!!!
I have a balanced to SE mini IC someone very nice on head-fi made me to use just for this purpose!
I never have problems with Battery times...I mainly use my amps in a stationary sense...those LION packs are pretty good...
Lion batteries are good for a while, but my concern with them over rechargables is when the battery goes dead in a year will I be able to get a replacement. It was one of the key reasons I went with the D4 - I can use NiCad or Alkaline batteries in it and never need to worry about replacements.
- P4 the Warbler a new portable amp from iBasso . . first impression pg 3 . images Pg 6&7 . . .
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 1 minute ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 5 minutes ago
- › FOR SALE - MrSpeakers Alpha Primes + 3 Cables, RSA Balanced, Ted's... 6 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH X00 Mahogany, excellent condition 7 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 7 minutes ago
- › Best speakers under 300€? 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear