or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 Ears - Page 328

post #4906 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericr View Post

My V6-Stage universals are the only 1964 EARS I've ever heard, but if you add excellent bass extension and detail to your wish list they should be an very good match for you.

The mids are right there (no V signature here) and the piano sounds so realistic. Along with the mids is an equal amount of very detailed bass and very detailed highs. Then add in a wide soundstage, precise placement (performers must love this), and a very nice sense of air/openness/realism. I think you would like them!

Hey Eric,

 

How are you liking your universals? What tips are you using? The ones that came with my V8's didn't fit so well. I have been rolling with some Comply and some UE silicone with a wide bore.

post #4907 of 7416
I was recommended the v6 stage too by 1964 however the recommendations are so different everyone some say v8 some say v6 some say v6s I'm quite confused. There are currently no demo sets in my country and it is quite hard to ask me to take a leap of faith cos I just don't have the spare cash to burn on uncertainty. It would be nice if You guys could give me a general overview and then specifically into soundstage mids and instrument separation and what specific genre of music would each earphones sound good with. If possible pls so constant comparisons to the Shure 535. Thank you very much
Edited by beef331994 - 5/26/14 at 3:42pm
post #4908 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef331994 View Post

I was recommended the v6 stage too by 1964 however the recommendations are so different everyone some say v8 some say v6 some say v6s I'm quite confused. There are currently no demo sets in my country and it is quite hard to ask me to take a leap of faith cos I just don't have the spare cash to burn on uncertainty. It would be nice if You guys could give me a general overview and then specifically into soundstage mids and instrument separation and what specific genre of music would each earphones sound good with. If possible pls so constant comparisons to the Shure 535. Thank you very much

Ive tried and demo all of what you mention and i finally pulled the trigger with the V6. 1964 ears recommended me the V6S but the bass waa too much for me.. The highs too are sometimes sibilant. Yes it has much wider soundstage, maybe just a pinch. The V6 is very natural sounding. The mids is very sweet and forward. Bass is punchy and crisp. The highs is sweet and doesnt became sibilant or harsh in any kind.

I was debating at first whether V6S or V8.. V8 is really a bass monster but in a good way. The V6S is really good too but with that extra pinch of bass, i find it warm sounding and one more is that sibilant highs is some of the song. And then I just tried the V6 out of curiosity and boom this is it.. If you want a very natural sounding and for reference listening this is the one for you..
post #4909 of 7416

Odd. I've seen a few posts stating how the V6 Stage is warmer than the V6. I tested the V6, V6 Stage and V8 twice in 2 weeks before finally deciding on the V6 Stage as I actually found the V6 to be the warmer and thicker of the 2 V6 variants. Is my hearing or perception that far off?

 

The bass on the V8 was too much for me, guess it's the age.

post #4910 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post

Odd. I've seen a few posts stating how the V6 Stage is warmer than the V6. I tested the V6, V6 Stage and V8 twice in 2 weeks before finally deciding on the V6 Stage as I actually found the V6 to be the warmer and thicker of the 2 V6 variants. Is my hearing or perception that far off?

The bass on the V8 was too much for me, guess it's the age.
I had it the other way around. I find the V6S more warmer because of the extra bass. Hence the V6S has more wider soundstage than the V6 which I think can be a factor or maybe the source.

What's your source? I made my audition 3 times in 3 consecutive days just for me to get used on how they sounded and DX90 on 2.05 FW as my source w/c sounded really neutral than the 2.0 FW.

Just my thoughts..
post #4911 of 7416

I tested it on a DX90 as well! Both FW2.0.0 and FW2.0.5. And yes, I find the soundstage on the V6S to be wider too.

Oh well, as long as we're happy with our choices. What matters most is the opinion of our own ears.:beerchug:

post #4912 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post

I tested it on a DX90 as well! Both FW2.0.0 and FW2.0.5. And yes, I find the soundstage on the V6S to be wider too.
Oh well, as long as we're happy with our choices. What matters most is the opinion of our own ears.beerchug.gif

Yep! As always..trust your ears and get what you like most! Cheers mate!! Excited on my 1964 ears!
post #4913 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaYwEeD View Post
 

 

 

The bass on the V8 was too much for me, guess it's the age.

Okay you guys....

 

...is that an old joke? :o Making fun of my age - just cause I act like an adolescent doesn't mean my hair doesn't gray with the best of them.

post #4914 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

Okay you guys....

 

...is that an old joke? :o Making fun of my age - just cause I act like an adolescent doesn't mean my hair doesn't gray with the best of them.


LOL!

 

Different strokes for different folks :evil:

post #4915 of 7416

Oh, and the V8 is staying $799 for the month of June per 1964 Ears - they will revisit the pricing structure ($899 MSRP) the last week of June - they have had excellent response with these and want to have a busy Summer, I reckon.

post #4916 of 7416

I want to say that my V3 sounds very clear and detailed for it's price point, but I'm not enthusiastic regarding the bass.  With better bass, they would be even better.  I wonder how much clearer sounding the V6 is as I'm not looking for anything bassy.

 

It could be placebo, but my V3 has opened up considerably over time.  It sound much better over time.

post #4917 of 7416
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

I want to say that my V3 sounds very clear and detailed for it's price point, but I'm not enthusiastic regarding the bass.  With better bass, they would be even better.  I wonder how much clearer sounding the V6 is as I'm not looking for anything bassy.

 

It could be placebo, but my V3 has opened up considerably over time.  It sound much better over time.


I demo'd both units recently. The V3 was a great "all arounder" but the bass was the let down for me. I could have lived with it if there were no options, but I hate "living with" such an expensive item. I found the bass quantity was good, but not tight enough in my opinion. The V6 on the other hand.....The first thing that smacked me in the face was the clarity, which is on another level from the V3. The bass was much better than the V3 as well. It was neutral in presentation, but was tight and controlled. I was very impressed with the V6. Hope that helps.

post #4918 of 7416

anyone tried their remold service?

I guess I would have to remold my own custom monitor since some company which makes incredible sounding iem that creating an increasing queue of frustrated customers on its inbox has no concept of custom work whatsoever.

how do you rate their remold quality?

post #4919 of 7416

I feel my V6S not fit enough for my ear...:(but the sound and isolation are no problem.

When you guys take off your own CIEM should be push it up and take it away?

In that moment(pushing it up)my right ear heard much noise then left.It make me confused and thinking should i send it back to 1964ears and refit?

But the point is,it dosesn't affect any problem when i'm listening,just confused me when i was taking off my V6S.

post #4920 of 7416

I am currently interested on 1964-V3. I am waiting for the Westone W40 but stumbled upon the thread.

 

Anyway, any comparison for those who already have both? Westone W40 retails for $499.99 while the 1964-V3 I customized costs $524.

 

Which one to get? Hope you could help me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: