or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 Ears - Page 324

post #4846 of 7415

I have been demoing some 1964's and have been in frequent e-mail contact with them. I asked about the Memorial sale and can confirm rookie2009's post, no sale this year. I was told they have a lot of orders pending and they don't want existing customers pushed back from the influx of sale orders.

post #4847 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed View Post
 

Listening to my V8's a couple of days now, I have to concur with earlier impressions in that though this may be targeted towards bassheads, the bass really doesn't mask everything. It is VERY present, yes, but I don't hear any bloat or smearing. Timbre is pretty spot on; I love the way that drums sound in particular.

 

As someone mentioned before, the upper frequencies are not aggressive at all, but what I do notice is that this roll-off makes the sound more holographic since cymbals and things like that sound further away rather than in front of my face. It also makes it an obviously much smoother listen.

 

On a whole, the signature is quite Audeze-like, but a little less warm.

I have noticed that as the hours have piled up, the treble has opened up more - still very smooth, but more present. I can't comment on BA burn-in, but I have heard a change. Also agree that the bass does not cover over mids/highs - I can hear the power of a kick drum and a bass, but over here in the corner is an acoustic guitar keeping pace - I hear every note.

post #4848 of 7415

That's a serious bummer. I sent them an email with some questions yesterday morning and haven't heard back from them still. I guess I'll be waiting to see if they do a Labour Day sale then. 

post #4849 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laike View Post
 

That's a serious bummer. I sent them an email with some questions yesterday morning and haven't heard back from them still. I guess I'll be waiting to see if they do a Labour Day sale then. 


They are pretty good with e-mail response times. I typically hear back from them late the following day.  

post #4850 of 7415

Here is a photo that displays the tweeter positioning on the V8 - all the way at the back of the IEM - very similar to the JH FreqPhase positioning - I do not find the highs recessed at all - but they aren't sibilant either - very present and accounted for - and I am a relatively older guy, so it isn't like I have a tolerance for high frequencies - if they were recessed, I'd have a hell of a time hearing them...

 

                                                 ^^here^^


Edited by Ivabign - 5/14/14 at 11:21am
post #4851 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

Here is a photo that displays the tweeter positioning on the V8 - all the way at the back of the IEM - very similar to the JH FreqPhase positioning - I do not find the highs recessed at all - but they aren't sibilant either - very present and accounted for - and I am a relatively older guy, so it isn't like I have a tolerance for high frequencies - if they were recessed, I'd have a hell of a time hearing them...

 

                                                 ^^here^^


Hi mate

 

Just wondering,how does the fit of the v8 feel in the universal shell,i would be going for a v6 in the universal shape myself. Do they lug out much from your ear,hopefully not on roxanne universal scale lol..hows isolation?

 

Cheers

post #4852 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie2009 View Post
 


Hi mate

 

Just wondering,how does the fit of the v8 feel in the universal shell,i would be going for a v6 in the universal shape myself. Do they lug out much from your ear,hopefully not on roxanne universal scale lol..hows isolation?

 

Cheers

They are really small - they don't sit out much at all - isolation is great as long as I don't use the tips they provided - lol. I have large ear canal openings and have issues with Universals - I need really large tips or they fall out. I had some of the large Complys (I think 500 - same ones I used on TF10 & IE8) and got a great fit and seal.

post #4853 of 7415

Ivabign,

 

You have a flagship CIEM (JH16FP) and a top tier universal (V8). When I'm done evaluating 1964 demo's, I need to decide universal or custom. Do you have a preference and can you provide any info that would help the decision?

post #4854 of 7415

All things being equal - if I was to only have one IEM, it would be a custom - the fit, isolation and sound can't be beat. After I got all my customs, I wanted something TOTL  I could share with friends, co-workers, etc... Then the V8 was announced - at $100 off - I was considering something like a SE846 or other high end universal - but I knew that 1964 offered universal versions of their customs for $25 off list price. Now I have a soft spot for 8BA headphones - just have a nice sound - very capable. I took a step back and thought to myself...

 

Wow - a 8BA Universal with a dynamic sound signature for $775? 2 year warranty and I get to pick colors? That'll work. I didn't think the W60 for $999 or the SE846 for $999 or the 3003 for $1299 or the IE800 for $999 would necessarily be money better spent.

 

I can't tell you how glad I am that I made the decision - I even paid $100 for 6 day processing (2 days before they bumped it to $199 - whew!)

 

BUT

 

If I didn't have the customs I have - the V8's would have been CIEMs.

post #4855 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

All things being equal - if I was to only have one IEM, it would be a custom - the fit, isolation and sound can't be beat. After I got all my customs, I wanted something TOTL  I could share with friends, co-workers, etc... Then the V8 was announced - at $100 off - I was considering something like a SE846 or other high end universal - but I knew that 1964 offered universal versions of their customs for $25 off list price. Now I have a soft spot for 8BA headphones - just have a nice sound - very capable. I took a step back and thought to myself...

 

Wow - a 8BA Universal with a dynamic sound signature for $775? 2 year warranty and I get to pick colors? That'll work. I didn't think the W60 for $999 or the SE846 for $999 or the 3003 for $1299 or the IE800 for $999 would necessarily be money better spent.

 

I can't tell you how glad I am that I made the decision - I even paid $100 for 6 day processing (2 days before they bumped it to $199 - whew!)

 

BUT

 

If I didn't have the customs I have - the V8's would have been CIEMs.

Thanks for the response. That's helpful information. Would different listening habits change your preference? While at work I have to periodically remove my earphones quickly to speak with people or answer the phone. Would customs make that difficult?

post #4856 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by yilun View Post
 

Looks so nice! Just curious about how would you compare V8 to 335DW. I have to make a choice between them, and I wanna hear someone who have auditioned both.

For me 335DW is still the best sounding IEM (I auditioned the Demo at headfonia) I ever put in my ear to date, with more than twice the price of the V8 (at least here in Jakarta), it better be :etysmile:.

But if the question is 335DW two times better in term of sound Vs 1964 V8, its definitely not.

V8 come quite close to 335DW imho...its in par with my TG334. I also auditioned Heir 8ai (universal) and it doesn't compete with the V8, again imho.

 

The reason I didn't go straight to 335DW is because this is my first CIEM, I don't know whether I will like CIEM or not.

So many fit problem (even local CIEM dealer do not want to take order on CIEM anymore that make me go straight to 1964 US) but when it fits, it will be sublime.

So I went the V8 route first to test the water on CIEM before really jump into the 335DW later on.

 

I'm listening to Titanium feat. Sia - David Guetta in WAV while writing this, and I never heard it this good except with my LCD-XC...the bass is so full but not hurting nor boomy, its just feels right.

Listening to Sara Bareilles Brave - Live (HD Tracks), I can hear the vocal is fall a bit short compare with my TG334, the TG334 vocal is very pure and clear while the V8 a bit restrained not veiled but it really don't reach the level of clarity provided by TG334, perhaps because it still new and I'm using stock cable (unbalanced) while for the TG I use balanced silver, both using AK240 as source.

 

Bottom line is, for me 335DW is still my grail, they say the 335DW SR is even better but I never hear them.

But I don't have the slightest regret in procuring this great 1964 V8, in fact I'm very happy with it, I currently have slight tight sensation in my right ear but the 1964 team told me to wear it for a week and see, if the uncomfortable sensation didn't go away it means I need a refit...other than that...I'm a happy 1964 V8 owner :ksc75smile:.

post #4857 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwins050 View Post
 

Thanks for the response. That's helpful information. Would different listening habits change your preference? While at work I have to periodically remove my earphones quickly to speak with people or answer the phone. Would customs make that difficult?

It is actually quicker and easier for me to remove (and especially replace) my custom IEMs vs my universals.... 

post #4858 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakBaru View Post
 

For me 335DW is still the best sounding IEM (I auditioned the Demo at headfonia) I ever put in my ear to date, with more than twice the price of the V8 (at least here in Jakarta), it better be :etysmile:.

But if the question is 335DW two times better in term of sound Vs 1964 V8, its definitely not.

V8 come quite close to 335DW imho...its in par with my TG334. I also auditioned Heir 8ai (universal) and it doesn't compete with the V8, again imho.

 

The reason I didn't go straight to 335DW is because this is my first CIEM, I don't know whether I will like CIEM or not.

So many fit problem (even local CIEM dealer do not want to take order on CIEM anymore that make me go straight to 1964 US) but when it fits, it will be sublime.

So I went the V8 route first to test the water on CIEM before really jump into the 335DW later on.

 

I'm listening to Titanium feat. Sia - David Guetta in WAV while writing this, and I never heard it this good except with my LCD-XC...the bass is so full but not hurting nor boomy, its just feels right.

Listening to Sara Bareilles Brave - Live (HD Tracks), I can hear the vocal is fall a bit short compare with my TG334, the TG334 vocal is very pure and clear while the V8 a bit restrained not veiled but it really don't reach the level of clarity provided by TG334, perhaps because it still new and I'm using stock cable (unbalanced) while for the TG I use balanced silver, both using AK240 as source.

 

Bottom line is, for me 335DW is still my grail, they say the 335DW SR is even better but I never hear them.

But I don't have the slightest regret in procuring this great 1964 V8, in fact I'm very happy with it, I currently have slight tight sensation in my right ear but the 1964 team told me to wear it for a week and see, if the uncomfortable sensation didn't go away it means I need a refit...other than that...I'm a happy 1964 V8 owner :ksc75smile:.

Give the drivers a bit of time to open up a bit - you will hear a difference. IMHO

post #4859 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

After I got all my customs, I wanted something TOTL  I could share with friends, co-workers, etc... Then the V8 was announced...

Damn, I wish I had friends and coworkers like you smily_headphones1.gif
post #4860 of 7415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

It is actually quicker and easier for me to remove (and especially replace) my custom IEMs vs my universals....

Thats good to know. Makes the decision a little easier.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: