- 117 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964 Ears V8 Eight Driver Custom IEMtagged by Ivabign, 10/22/14
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
1964 Ears - Page 284
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How many IEMs do you have arriving? I've seen you in sooooo many IEM threads haha.
I think they have sales every once in a while on their facebook page on the big US holidays like labor day, christmas, etc.
Will there be any comparison with both of them when they were arrived ?
Edited by mBcHc - 9/24/13 at 4:27pm
So in my continuing enjoyment of my V6's I mowed my lawn Tuesday night. This used to be a process where I would wear my TF10's with a pair of earmuffs over them for sound isolation. The earmuffs were definitely needed, I really don't listen to music too loudly.
Now with the V6's, I tried taking the earmuffs off, and with music playing, I can't tell the difference between earmuffs off and on. I can't actually hear the lawn mower except in the silence between tracks. And then, not that much...
So I guess I'm saying that if you have good impressions, 1964ears will do a really good job of matching them, I've had no fit issues and the sound sealing is more than impressive. I am looking forward to my next trip to Japan, it was pretty decent with my TF10's, I expect it will be better with the V6's. Except for the announcements, they were so loud compared to the movies they hurt. I'm sure it's going to be worse with the V6's...
Glad you like your 1964. That is impressive to block out most of a lawn mower sound.
I really should unsub (but probably won't) from this thread as it just serves to remind me that I have placed an order, when I'm really trying not to think about it. I can't help worrying about possible fit issues, as I have narrow ear canals. I find the Klipsch x10 small tips are a snug fit.
got v6-stages on the way, oct. 9 will be the 15th business day since they've received my impressions and payment! we'll see how they compare to my quads when they come in mid-october.
speaking of which, do you guys speculate that Vitaliy may have acquired a set of freqphase jh13/16s before he set out to design the v6-stages? what other triple bore CIEMs are on the market?
Thanks to reshelling UM, 1964 (to mention a few ones) know which drivers JH, UE, Westone use, their crossovers, tubes, filters and exhaustively test them... In other words, we're giving vital information about their competitors and paying them. I wouldn't be surprised if the V6 are not that far from the JH13 or the UM miracle...
Edited by squallkiercosa - 9/26/13 at 11:57am
Just got the email saying they have everything and I'm now in the queue. Very excited.
My audiologist has done quite a few impressions for 1964 and actually had me deviate from the instructions with the bite block since he had another method that he said has better results.
Time to forget all about them and be pleasantly surprised when they finally arrive.
What was the other method?
- 1964 Ears
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The discovery thread.! NEW kjk1281's take JVC XX HA-FR100X Elation ... 23 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 35 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 51 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2