I love the Fostex HP-P1....Terrific all-in-one DAC/Amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964 Ears V8 Eight Driver Custom IEMtagged by Ivabign, 10/22/14
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
1964 Ears - Page 251
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends. If you are looking for something that is iDevice certified, it is in the middle. There are less expensive DAC/Amp combos, but they are not certified for direct iPod connection.
I demo'd the Fostex HP-P1 yesterday at a local meet. Awesome little device for sure. I would get one if I still used an iPod as my source.
I'm faceing the same problem and I hear stuff in a really silent way, so what can I do?
even I hear with my iPhone and iPad. I switch around 3 for iPhone and 1 for iPad. That's derps me out if I add my amp.
But now I'm using my FiiO E7 so far so good , but I still hearing at below 8/60.
In addition , I'm using Shure SE535 Ltd right now. Yet I'll purchase V6 as well.
Edited by mBcHc - 3/4/13 at 3:54am
Fostex HP-P1 was one of the biggest let down of my purchases. I've tried it with everything but never came to like it. On the other hand, I'd highly recommend the old and the new CLAS SOLO.
Edited by Yuceka - 3/4/13 at 4:56pm
Interesting...That is the thing about gear. What works for some does not work for others. I love the HP-P1, however, it is great you have found a winner in the CLAS Solo!
- 1964 Ears
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 37 seconds ago
- › What can drive an HE-400? 43 seconds ago
- › HIFIMAN Flagship Headphone HE1000 Beta Testing Opportunity -... 52 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 58 seconds ago
- › FS/FT *Mint* Cypher Labs C6iem 1 minute ago
- › Sony Z4 Music Edition - finally an audiophile smartphone? 1 minute ago
- › Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?... 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Musician's In-Ear Monitors 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Heroin in small towns 3 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2