I think they got rid of the FR charts on the 1964 website. I'm not sure why. Perhaps a cached version would still work? It's actually been a while since I noticed them working.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964 Ears V8 Eight Driver Custom IEMtagged by Ivabign, 10/22/14
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
1964 Ears - Page 217
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah me too. I cant seem to access the website.
It's the real carbon fibre, its an additional USD 100 for both sides. I have done reshells with UM, G-Customs, and 1964 Ears. and i must say that 1964 Ears reshells are the best by far.
Awesome, great to hear. In enquired about their wood faceplate and they only have the light coloured one so looks like Carbon for me :D
So it looks like I'm going to get the Ds.
I was contemplating whether or not to have my UM2-RC reshelled or just get the house duals from 1964.
Now for the color... I'm thinking one trans black and the other trans wine. I was also thinking both trans black with wine tips... Decisions, decisions.
I have an appointment the Tues after next to get my impressions. The waits going to be tough.
Its meant to be that way, one side with the J from the top and the other side with the J from the bottom. Because if both are with the J from either the top or the bottom, one side would be spelling my name backwards.
I just got my quads back from UM and haven't had much time to use them because I'm going to send them back because of a socket issue. However, in the brief time I did listen with them, I found them to be fairly neutral except for the lows. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, but without the spike in the highs - I really didn't detect a big difference between the two, but that may change with further listening. My source was a J3 with with no amping and standard issue cables. I'm hoping UM can fix the socket w/o too much trouble. I have to commend them for the fit they acheived - pretty darn good!
I wonder how the new drivers balance with the originals?
This is a response to a query made by a head-fier regarding a comparison between the UM Miracle and the TF10x6 upgrade:
"Whilst they are both six driver IEM's, with twin lows, twin mids and twin highs, they share many similarities as well as many differences.
The things they do share is extension, control, accuracy.
Where they differ is soundstage, separation and presentation.
The TF10x6 is fantastic bang for buck, it is the absolute cheapest way to get into a six driver custom. That being said, the Miracle still outclasses the TF10x6 if a neutral and smooth IEM with a large yet accurate/well presented custom is what you are after.
There is a reason we designed the Miracle utilising different drivers to the TF10x6. Yet there is also a reason we are developed the TF10x6 upgrade and are happy to put our name to it."
I hope this was helpful. You can send UM an email if this doesn't address your main concerns.
I'm in need of a mic for my phone but still want to use my quads. Do any of you know where I could find a westone cable with a mic? I looked into the EPICS MIC cable, but apparently the microphone on it lets in a lot of BG noise and is pure crap. Does anyone make custom cables with mics?
Yep I have been watching those "a lot of people" completely suffering from the awful customer service of UM. RingingEars, if you want to wait for your order for several months and not know what's going on, go ahead send them to UM. They may be rectifying the situation lately but just reading the entire thread and fellow head-fi'ers experiences, I am quite content content with my Quads and still waiting on the 6 driver upgrade from 1964 Ears. The only other company I may consider is the Heir Audio and that's because the person behind knows what he's doing and great with customers.
- 1964 Ears
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Stax Thread III 36 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 45 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz, a new CIEM company, discussion thread 54 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX850 iem. Woody 1 minute ago
- › IEM for running/jogging 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › In search of a Desktop Amplifer for my Father. 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)