I think they got rid of the FR charts on the 1964 website. I'm not sure why. Perhaps a cached version would still work? It's actually been a while since I noticed them working.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964 Ears V8 Eight Driver Custom IEMtagged by Ivabign, 10/22/14
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
1964 Ears - Page 217
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah me too. I cant seem to access the website.
It's the real carbon fibre, its an additional USD 100 for both sides. I have done reshells with UM, G-Customs, and 1964 Ears. and i must say that 1964 Ears reshells are the best by far.
Awesome, great to hear. In enquired about their wood faceplate and they only have the light coloured one so looks like Carbon for me :D
So it looks like I'm going to get the Ds.
I was contemplating whether or not to have my UM2-RC reshelled or just get the house duals from 1964.
Now for the color... I'm thinking one trans black and the other trans wine. I was also thinking both trans black with wine tips... Decisions, decisions.
I have an appointment the Tues after next to get my impressions. The waits going to be tough.
Its meant to be that way, one side with the J from the top and the other side with the J from the bottom. Because if both are with the J from either the top or the bottom, one side would be spelling my name backwards.
I just got my quads back from UM and haven't had much time to use them because I'm going to send them back because of a socket issue. However, in the brief time I did listen with them, I found them to be fairly neutral except for the lows. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, but without the spike in the highs - I really didn't detect a big difference between the two, but that may change with further listening. My source was a J3 with with no amping and standard issue cables. I'm hoping UM can fix the socket w/o too much trouble. I have to commend them for the fit they acheived - pretty darn good!
I wonder how the new drivers balance with the originals?
This is a response to a query made by a head-fier regarding a comparison between the UM Miracle and the TF10x6 upgrade:
"Whilst they are both six driver IEM's, with twin lows, twin mids and twin highs, they share many similarities as well as many differences.
The things they do share is extension, control, accuracy.
Where they differ is soundstage, separation and presentation.
The TF10x6 is fantastic bang for buck, it is the absolute cheapest way to get into a six driver custom. That being said, the Miracle still outclasses the TF10x6 if a neutral and smooth IEM with a large yet accurate/well presented custom is what you are after.
There is a reason we designed the Miracle utilising different drivers to the TF10x6. Yet there is also a reason we are developed the TF10x6 upgrade and are happy to put our name to it."
I hope this was helpful. You can send UM an email if this doesn't address your main concerns.
I'm in need of a mic for my phone but still want to use my quads. Do any of you know where I could find a westone cable with a mic? I looked into the EPICS MIC cable, but apparently the microphone on it lets in a lot of BG noise and is pure crap. Does anyone make custom cables with mics?
Yep I have been watching those "a lot of people" completely suffering from the awful customer service of UM. RingingEars, if you want to wait for your order for several months and not know what's going on, go ahead send them to UM. They may be rectifying the situation lately but just reading the entire thread and fellow head-fi'ers experiences, I am quite content content with my Quads and still waiting on the 6 driver upgrade from 1964 Ears. The only other company I may consider is the Heir Audio and that's because the person behind knows what he's doing and great with customers.
- 1964 Ears
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beats Solo 2: Is the Head-Fi community willing to give these a fair... 6 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › 1957 Valvo CCa "D" getter( single tube) 34 seconds ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › [ FOR SALE ] : 2x Crystal Cable Dreamline PLUS Mini to Mini... 2 minutes ago
- › Best Portable Headphone Amp+Dac for around $150....? 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2