You almost have to - when a "regular" person asks about your headphones and if the conversation winds around to cost - even at 50% it freaks them out - so if they can see the workmanship and hear some nicely recorded tunes - sometimes you get a convert.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 325
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I've let some coworkers try out my HE-400 and various low and mid-tier IEMs. With as much hassle as I have keeping universals in my ears, I'm sure I'll convert to a pair of customs. I live in Portland, so I plan on stopping by 1964 Ears someday for an audition.
I'll have to send them another email if I don't hear back from them today then. It's been a solid 48 hours since I sent my original email.
Why wont you try their Facebook page? They always reply on my too either FB or email.. They really help alot..
My experience has been fairly positive with e-mail responses, and stated delivery times. Shoot them another e-mail. I would be surprised if you didn't get a timely response.
I've called them and each time they've picked up (during business hours). Definitely the fastest way to get an answer to your question.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I tried their Facebook yesterday, no response. So I sent them a follow up email early this morning and finally got a response back this afternoon from Alex. I guess now is the sit and wait for Labour Day weekend and hope for a sale :)
Here is a photo that displays the tweeter positioning on the V8 - all the way at the back of the IEM - very similar to the JH FreqPhase positioning - I do not find the highs recessed at all - but they aren't sibilant either - very present and accounted for - and I am a relatively older guy, so it isn't like I have a tolerance for high frequencies - if they were recessed, I'd have a hell of a time hearing them...
Those drivers are really compacted...i wonder If your impressions have to be a certain size or do they just find a way to squeeze everything in
Edited by fluffyberry - 5/16/14 at 5:37am
I wanted to know if it can fit my portable charger, DAP and CIEMS inside.
I imagine the universals have a smaller interior volume than most any custom they would build - so yes they can squeeze the BA's in.
**** also the interior dimension of the 1964 Ears case is 5" x 2.75" x 1" - THAT IS if you pull out the foam insert - which I believe would leave you with an unpadded lower case - the insert is made for your CIEMs, and accessories - not a DAP - the case on the right is the exact same one - just supplied by Inearz - and it is thinly padded top and bottom - the 1964 version has the insert glued in.
I'm kinda working my way through the 1964 line up with demo's. I started with the V3 last month and I currently have the Qi and V6. I like the V6 the most so far, but in your opnion would the V8 be a "no brainer" choice if the money difference is not an issue?
v6, v6s, and v8 are not "upgrades" to one another, rather than different sound, with v6 being most balanced, v6s being a bit bassier (for stage use they say), and v8 yet being even more thicker, warmer, and bassier. It's all up to what you prefer.
I'm onboard with you when you state that the various offerings from 1964 Ears are not an upgrade path - and I'll also buy that the V8 is basser than the V6 - but a description of the V8 as warm and thick makes it sound like my old 8A's - The V8 is a very detailed monitor with great soundstage and presentation - but it isn't a thick, warm (read: slow, colored) can. I'm pretty sure you didn't mean it to sound that way - they have the ability to play big bass while presenting the other frequencies with great detail. I'm liking them more and more.
I get what ur saying, they each have their own sonic character and not necessarily and "upgrade" over the other. But I think (hope) there is a hierarchy or progression. Adding drivers, sound bores and cost isn't just to differentiat monitors within the line-up. I get the destinct impression they are searching for sonic improvements and that buyers are expecting that. Anyway......all I really want to know is does the "big bass" of the V8 over power the other frequencies at times or does it just hit hard when called for? Hoping you responded because you have the V8 and can answer the question. Thanks..
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Are The JVC-HARX900's still the king of the sub 70.00 cans 30 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 47 seconds ago
- › LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love... 1 minute ago
- › Good portable amplifier for Audio Technica ATH-M50? 1 minute ago
- › [FS/FT] Audeze LCD-2.2 Rosewood, Vegan pads, and extras! 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)