Just waiting for my V6 Stage
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 319
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4772 of 47784/15/14 at 1:58pm
Important to note that the V6 is quite sensitive, and I am getting quite a bit of hiss with my Colorfly C3, however I am getting little to no hiss with my ipod Classic 7g, which is odd considering that it has output impedance of about 5 ohms. Does anyone know if the impedance mismatch between the V6 and Classic 7g causes any FR distortion? i.e. bloated bass and suppressed mids and highs? It's odd that I find the iPod to sound more balanced than my C3, especially the level of bass and mid-highs (C3 sounds a bit slow and like it has bad impedance matching with the V6).post #4773 of 47784/15/14 at 9:00pmpost #4774 of 47784/17/14 at 8:11amQuote:
Stage is tuned a bit more mid-centric and warmer, with more bass quantity. Although I think the difference in bass is often blown out of proportion, as the difference is small and the v6 have plenty of bass impact and extension.post #4775 of 47784/19/14 at 5:11pm
Anybody has a chance to test/review their V8 CIEM yet ?
I'm currently on the fence between the V8, Heir 8a, Noble K10 and UM Mentor...is the V8 sound sig similar to JH16, auditioned JH16 and can't stand the bass, the Roxanne is much better (Vs JH16) to my ear but the waiting time is simply a no no (8-10 weeks).
Auditioned Heir 8ai and like the bass, not too heavy as with the JH16.
Noble K10 get high praised but the 'no declare lower value' policy really put it at the last of my list at the moment, I need to pay $300-400 for tax/custom duty alone.
My daughter have the 1964 V3, she really love it for the teenage kind of music, from time to time I try it and neither like or hate it, I guess OK is the word.
I use Fitear TG334 as my daily IEM and Audeze LCD-XC with AK240 as the source and Hifi M8.
Really appreciate the input, this will be my very first CIEM.
Many thanks.post #4776 of 47784/19/14 at 5:30pm
Would you guys say if I'm looking for most neutral, would the V3 suffice? Does the V6 provide more clarity or details? I don't need the increase in bass, but details are really important, imaging and sound stage.
Edited by SilverEars - Yesterday at 6:09 pmpost #4777 of 47784/19/14 at 11:01pmQuote:
While I've never heard 1964 Ears products other than my V6-Stage universals, you mentioning details and soundstage leads me to share my experience / opinion.
Can you have too much detail? To the point of distraction? Does the V6-S have too much detail? Maybe - for some. As for me, I'm hooked. We have bass-heads, so is there such a thing as detail-heads?
Sold the W4R, the well loved SM64s sit in their case, and my recently purchased Beyer T90 hardly get used. To be honest, the V6-S has delivered what I was hoping for with the T90, and then some.
Recently I added a Project Ember amp to my HRT Microstreamer to better drive the T90 and found how well the V6-S scales up with good equipment. They've got me wondering "how good can these sound" to the extent I've bought an ODAC and Uber Bifrost in the last week.
But hey, no problem if you want to go with just the V3.post #4778 of 47784/20/14 at 1:55amQuote:
most neutral would be the V6. Friend told me it sounded flat when he heard mine, but his preference is forward mids like SE535.
Heard that V3 is more bassy than the V6S, so I'd recommend either the V6S or V6. They both have more details and clarity compared to the V3.
Edited by Levanter - Today at 1:56 amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 11 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 1 minute ago
- › BOSE QC20 or SHURE SE425 1 minute ago
- › Feature suggestions for X7 flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for desktop amp and DAC for Sennheiser HD 600- $900... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob