- 302 Posts. Joined 4/2008
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
These headphones are a great pair for home use, and use for movies, videos and ect. They deliver great sound quality, but I wouldn't consider it hi-Fi though. I listen to mostly Metal and Rock...
I was overall unimpressed with the Focal Spirit One cans. I'm hardly a connoisseur of headphones, but I was let down a bit by the sound and the manufacturer's advertising. I compared these to...
I have the real version 2.0, not 2.1 (with the clip). Build/Design: I didn't like the provided tips, used the small Sennheiser tips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/110976313070 - much...
I purchased the Audio Technica ESW9a. These have African Paduak shells rather than the cherry of the Japanese release. The ESW9a is made in Japan. Physical: First, these are most...
Build Quality & Design The build quality on these isn't so good in the long run, the entire headphone is mostly constructed out of plastic the only metal part on these cans would be the earcups,...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 308post #4606 of 46852/9/14 at 9:37pmMy V6 Stage UNIVERSAL are currently in production (impressions trimmed). They were $75 less than customs. Anxious to get them and see how they stand up to my SM64 (which are pretty impressive).
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4607 of 46852/9/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
congrats and welcome to the universal custom clubpost #4608 of 46852/9/14 at 10:00pmpost #4609 of 46852/9/14 at 10:03pm
Whoa I'm gonna have to email them and ask them if I can order a universal V3 then after auditioning it!
Edit: Called them and they said they would make a universal V3 for a whopping $25 less than the custom edition. I also got a clarification as to what the CenterDrive technology is:Quote:The center drive technology allows the drivers to be more efficient basically producing higher volume while using less power.
Were CIEMs that hard to drive in the first place though?
Edited by mechgamer123 - 2/10/14 at 8:49pmpost #4610 of 46852/12/14 at 2:40pm
yay !!! My quads status changed to "FACEPLATES APPLIED (STEP 7 OF 10)" today !!
It's been 4 weeks and 2 days since my impressions were received...
WHOOPEE!!! My quads status changed to "BUFFING COMPLETE (STEP 9 OF 10)" today !!
Maybe they'll ship (2 day ordered) tomorrow... Mon at latest???
GETTING STOKED to get these now...
UPDATE (same day as above)
My quads status changed to "SHIPPED (STEP 10 OF 10)" today !!
LOOKS LIKE THEY ARE ON THEIR WAY !!!
Edited by s0c9 - 2/13/14 at 4:19pmpost #4611 of 46852/12/14 at 2:46pmpost #4612 of 46852/12/14 at 3:47pm
mechgamer123: Thanks for asking the question. The answer does seem a little vague/pointless. I know 1964 makes quality products and they don't need to rely on 'marketing speak' but it could be that's what they're doing. Often companies trot out pseudo science quotes so they can pretend they're on the cutting edge of new technology.post #4613 of 46852/13/14 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by Deviltooth
mechgamer123: Thanks for asking the question. The answer does seem a little vague/pointless. I know 1964 makes quality products and they don't need to rely on 'marketing speak' but it could be that's what they're doing. Often companies trot out pseudo science quotes so they can pretend they're on the cutting edge of new technology.
It could just be that like most small companies, they want to keep their technology "theirs"... I'd guess there's NOT an UN-limited market for Custom IEM's and there's more than a few vendors around.. so while it may appear as pseudo-science/marketing speak, it's very possible that the CenterDrive technology is "lay speak" for a technology they have developed and provides that edge over other vendors...
idk.. but it is a possibility.post #4614 of 46852/13/14 at 7:02pm
I got my Quads yesterday, but I got home to late to try them out while playing my drums. I did that today and I was wondering if I may need a refit or if I am inserting wrong. They fit in snug and all seems well until I look up in the air. When I do this, both ears lose the lock and I can hear a lot from the outside. I'm going to give 1964 Ears a call tomorrow to see what they think, but I was wondering if any of you have seen this before.post #4615 of 46852/14/14 at 1:36am
I'm slightly getting worried about the increasing numbers of non fits on arrival from 1964. I even know of one shop stopping to sell 1964 because of the quality issue and refits. My V6S are in the mail, fingers crossedpost #4616 of 46852/14/14 at 6:49ampost #4617 of 46852/14/14 at 6:59am
@voldak - Can we assume that your impressions were "open mouth" ?
You post gives me cause for concern, 'cus I know my impressions were, and done by a local audiologist who has done "dozens" for a local [mega] church that ALL went to 1964. My quads are in transit and are scheduled to arrive Mon (Feb 17). Will post first impressions once I've had a chance to try them out.post #4618 of 46852/14/14 at 7:08amHey guys, I got to put my Trips through their first test last night at worship practice and they absolutely killed it. They are my first custom IEM so I'm still slow to getting them in and out if my ear, but as far as I can tell the fit is flawless. When I twist them back in I get a nice vacuum seal and I have done the whole shaking my head, clenching my teeth, looking side to side up and down and they hold the seal perfectly. My guess is the impression might be off or was done incorrectly. I was nervous I'd have to send them in for a refit and am very happy I don't have to.post #4619 of 46852/14/14 at 7:26am
Yes. I did an open mouth impression, but the place I went to (only one within an hour of my location) wasn't overly confident. When I initially sent the impression email to 1964 they were questionable about the impressions but I had already sent them due to going out of state for work for a while. They ended up telling me that the impressions would work, but i'm guessing that it's the cause of the issue.post #4620 of 46852/14/14 at 7:41amQuote:Originally Posted by voldak
Yes. I did an open mouth impression, but the place I went to (only one within an hour of my location) wasn't overly confident. When I initially sent the impression email to 1964 they were questionable about the impressions but I had already sent them due to going out of state for work for a while. They ended up telling me that the impressions would work, but i'm guessing that it's the cause of the issue.
Let's hope that's the cause. This will be my first set of 1964's, but everything I found while researching which vendor to go with indicates that 1964 are very cool with fixing things.. That they thought the impressions were questionable (but workable) up front tells me that the fit is likely due to the impression, not the workmanship. Let us know how it goes...
Edited by s0c9 - 2/14/14 at 8:51amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 7 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 7 seconds ago
- › LFF Paradox Slant and the "Starving Student" 8 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 8 Ruthenium's for Edition 7s or 9s, OR Signature... 31 seconds ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 43 seconds ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Not Getting Private Message Notifications 5 minutes ago
- › MINT Astro A30 Mixamp 5.8 System 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by Cobaltius
- › Focal Spirit One Headphones by guidfail
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by BenF
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 Sovereign Wood Headphones by bjmr
- › Sony X Headphones MDR-X10 by DigitalGrounder
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by chrismini
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude