- 53 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Do not buy an Astell & Kern 120. It claims 192Gb memory, but it indexes and uses only the internal memory - 64gb. The external SD cards carry files but do not show up on the device. Money spent...
Astell & Kern AKR01 Jimmy Moon at Astell & Kern was kind enough to lend me a pair of AKR01's for review. Big thanks to him. Anyways, review ahead! What are they: I notice that I haven't...
Heir audio was once thought to be the next king of IEMs. Rave reviews was floating everywhere online. The air around these IEMs were so enticing that one who has never heard them would be drawn to...
I have to say, as introduction: I'm not an audiophile, just an "enhanced" user with more than 20 years of analogic and digital listen. I use mainly portable devices, some Fii amplifier, and I...
I'm still a newbie in the headphone category, just starting to try out all the hyped ones like SRH840, HD650/600 etc from the beginning of this year. Now I'm left with this, HD600, and DT880....
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 284post #4246 of 44739/22/13 at 11:53pmNice
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4247 of 44739/24/13 at 9:21ampost #4248 of 44739/24/13 at 9:31amQuote:
How many IEMs do you have arriving? I've seen you in sooooo many IEM threads haha.Any idea how often 1964 have sales? I'm hoping for a pair before Christmas :)post #4249 of 44739/24/13 at 9:46amQuote:
I think they have sales every once in a while on their facebook page on the big US holidays like labor day, christmas, etc.I have 2 iem's arriving. This and the Jh13.post #4250 of 44739/24/13 at 4:25pmQuote:
Will there be any comparison with both of them when they were arrived ?
Edited by mBcHc - 9/24/13 at 4:27pmpost #4251 of 44739/24/13 at 4:35pmpost #4252 of 44739/26/13 at 4:53am
So in my continuing enjoyment of my V6's I mowed my lawn Tuesday night. This used to be a process where I would wear my TF10's with a pair of earmuffs over them for sound isolation. The earmuffs were definitely needed, I really don't listen to music too loudly.
Now with the V6's, I tried taking the earmuffs off, and with music playing, I can't tell the difference between earmuffs off and on. I can't actually hear the lawn mower except in the silence between tracks. And then, not that much...
So I guess I'm saying that if you have good impressions, 1964ears will do a really good job of matching them, I've had no fit issues and the sound sealing is more than impressive. I am looking forward to my next trip to Japan, it was pretty decent with my TF10's, I expect it will be better with the V6's. Except for the announcements, they were so loud compared to the movies they hurt. I'm sure it's going to be worse with the V6's...post #4253 of 44739/26/13 at 6:46ampost #4254 of 44739/26/13 at 7:09am
Glad you like your 1964. That is impressive to block out most of a lawn mower sound.
I really should unsub (but probably won't) from this thread as it just serves to remind me that I have placed an order, when I'm really trying not to think about it. I can't help worrying about possible fit issues, as I have narrow ear canals. I find the Klipsch x10 small tips are a snug fit.post #4255 of 44739/26/13 at 10:01am
got v6-stages on the way, oct. 9 will be the 15th business day since they've received my impressions and payment! we'll see how they compare to my quads when they come in mid-october.
speaking of which, do you guys speculate that Vitaliy may have acquired a set of freqphase jh13/16s before he set out to design the v6-stages? what other triple bore CIEMs are on the market?post #4256 of 44739/26/13 at 10:23ampost #4257 of 44739/26/13 at 11:49am
Thanks to reshelling UM, 1964 (to mention a few ones) know which drivers JH, UE, Westone use, their crossovers, tubes, filters and exhaustively test them... In other words, we're giving vital information about their competitors and paying them. I wouldn't be surprised if the V6 are not that far from the JH13 or the UM miracle...
Edited by squallkiercosa - 9/26/13 at 11:57ampost #4258 of 44739/26/13 at 3:12pmpost #4259 of 44739/27/13 at 7:56pmLike others, I locked in the labor day sale price. Getting the V3. Will be my first CIEM. It was between 1964 ears and Cosmicears. The distance and sale price sold me on the 1964s.
Just got the email saying they have everything and I'm now in the queue. Very excited.
My audiologist has done quite a few impressions for 1964 and actually had me deviate from the instructions with the bite block since he had another method that he said has better results.
Time to forget all about them and be pleasantly surprised when they finally arrive.post #4260 of 44739/27/13 at 9:12pmQuote:
What was the other method?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STU 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Westone ES50, A Make-over of Westone's Flagship Custom IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Metrum Octave DAC MK1 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW ATH-ES700.. 3 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody double/triple hybrid universals announced: UM 2X & 3X... 4 minutes ago
- › Adam A7x Audiophile Review by Digital Newbie 4 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 4 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Dunu DN-1000 by Brooko
- › Heir Audio 3.Ai by hapopo
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by JoeDoe
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by HPuser9083
- › Ray Samuels Audio F-35 Lightning by HeadphoneAddict
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe