- 116 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Singapore
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 284
Gear mentioned in this thread:
How many IEMs do you have arriving? I've seen you in sooooo many IEM threads haha.
I think they have sales every once in a while on their facebook page on the big US holidays like labor day, christmas, etc.
Will there be any comparison with both of them when they were arrived ?
Edited by mBcHc - 9/24/13 at 4:27pm
So in my continuing enjoyment of my V6's I mowed my lawn Tuesday night. This used to be a process where I would wear my TF10's with a pair of earmuffs over them for sound isolation. The earmuffs were definitely needed, I really don't listen to music too loudly.
Now with the V6's, I tried taking the earmuffs off, and with music playing, I can't tell the difference between earmuffs off and on. I can't actually hear the lawn mower except in the silence between tracks. And then, not that much...
So I guess I'm saying that if you have good impressions, 1964ears will do a really good job of matching them, I've had no fit issues and the sound sealing is more than impressive. I am looking forward to my next trip to Japan, it was pretty decent with my TF10's, I expect it will be better with the V6's. Except for the announcements, they were so loud compared to the movies they hurt. I'm sure it's going to be worse with the V6's...
Glad you like your 1964. That is impressive to block out most of a lawn mower sound.
I really should unsub (but probably won't) from this thread as it just serves to remind me that I have placed an order, when I'm really trying not to think about it. I can't help worrying about possible fit issues, as I have narrow ear canals. I find the Klipsch x10 small tips are a snug fit.
got v6-stages on the way, oct. 9 will be the 15th business day since they've received my impressions and payment! we'll see how they compare to my quads when they come in mid-october.
speaking of which, do you guys speculate that Vitaliy may have acquired a set of freqphase jh13/16s before he set out to design the v6-stages? what other triple bore CIEMs are on the market?
Thanks to reshelling UM, 1964 (to mention a few ones) know which drivers JH, UE, Westone use, their crossovers, tubes, filters and exhaustively test them... In other words, we're giving vital information about their competitors and paying them. I wouldn't be surprised if the V6 are not that far from the JH13 or the UM miracle...
Edited by squallkiercosa - 9/26/13 at 11:57am
Just got the email saying they have everything and I'm now in the queue. Very excited.
My audiologist has done quite a few impressions for 1964 and actually had me deviate from the instructions with the bite block since he had another method that he said has better results.
Time to forget all about them and be pleasantly surprised when they finally arrive.
What was the other method?
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › CEntrance DACmini DAC/Amplifier Official Thread 2 seconds ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)