- 113 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: No man's land
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
To start off I have to clarify that i am not an "Audiophile", nothing about me is audiophile related except the love of music and headphones. So to start this review i'd like to talk about the...
Since the Gamma y2 is a DIY project I'm not going to comment on the build quality as its dependent on the builder. The Sound The sound of the y2 varies on how it was built. Mine is using...
I just thought I'd write up a review on these headphones. They did a bit getting used to, because the reproduction of sound is so clear and even. Like getting used to a pair of studio monitors...
Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight. I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's...
Well, i won't make a long review. Having the iPod Nano V6, SansaClip+, SansaClip Fuse, iAudio 6 and a mix of older Sony's, iPod's etc ... I think the best sounding player to me was the iAudio 6....
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 276post #4126 of 44758/28/13 at 8:04amQuote:Dont think I'd be traveling any sooner probably when you drop by SG again PM me ? ( if I have not get my customs yet )Quote:What color of the shells did you chose ? Oh and do you have artwork on the faceplate too ? sorry am I curious please excuse me and my curiosity
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4127 of 44758/28/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Wraith13
Have had my V6s for a little over a month and I still love these things. Had a bit of a fit issue a couple of weeks ago but found out it was an issue with the cable loops and not the earpiece. If you are new to CIEMs, be sure to play with the memory wire in the cable loops first before assuming there is a problem with your monitors. It turns out that the memory wire got a bit bent in my case and was pushing my earpiece out of alignment. Once I fixed it, everything was right as rain again. I can see why a lot of people don't like the memory wire loops.
Also just received my Starlight cable from BTG Audio and it was easy to replace my stock cable (though those plugs are in there tight, I recommend using a cloth between the plug and some needle nose pliers to get them out). I not a believer in the different cable - different sound signature theory, my experience hasn't provided any evidence in favor of it. What these cables do though is really improve the ergonomics and the looks of my V6s. I was always afraid of messing up my stock cable but this thing feels much stronger and it is sheathed. I also love the ViaBlue plug.
On a final note, I finally go to use these for my last test, the 8 hour airplane flight. These things worked better than any pair of noise canceling headphones I have ever used (and I have used a lot). It did a fantastic job blocking out the airplane noise and I was able to sleep with them in since they didn't keep me from turning my head to the side on the pillow. These are so worth the investment if you travel.
It doesn't look like that cable will store in the 1964ears case. Have you tried getting it in there, or do you not bother? I've been using the case pretty religously to store my V6's when I'm not using them. I'd hate to lose that with a new cable.
Thankspost #4128 of 44758/28/13 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by davidcotton
Might be of some use :)
thanks i am going from a set of westone 3s to my first set of customs and the 1964 v3 fits in my budget.post #4129 of 44758/28/13 at 2:10pmpost #4130 of 44758/28/13 at 4:19pmQuote:
Hell, I put my hardcase away and I use a LowePro Santiago 20 camera hardcase. Holds these with the new cables and a cleaning cloth and the earwax removal tool just fine (a little more snug than it was with the original cables but not that much more).post #4131 of 44758/29/13 at 12:07ampost #4132 of 44758/29/13 at 12:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Wraith13
Hi there, I love the way your V6's and cable look. Very sleek. What color are they-- Platinum? I like how they have a smokey, semi-opaque look to them. Thanks.post #4133 of 44758/29/13 at 5:36amQuote:Originally Posted by hilosxdd
Dont think I'd be traveling any sooner probably when you drop by SG again PM me ? ( if I have not get my customs yet )
What color of the shells did you chose ? Oh and do you have artwork on the faceplate too ? sorry am I curious please excuse me and my curiosity
Well 23% is just too much , even a dollar , you're charged 23% ? Probably it's the cost of living that makes the government charge ridiculous amount of tax ?
I went pretty simple, but i wanted them to look as classy as they will sound .
Clear Shell colours
Wood faceplate - Purple heart
Standard 1964 logo in silver
I suspect and hope they will turn out very similiar to these
LTDpost #4134 of 44758/29/13 at 8:40amQuote:Wow , really simple and niceOriginally Posted by MistahBungle
https://twitpic.com/dau81ppost #4135 of 44758/29/13 at 10:55ampost #4136 of 44758/29/13 at 12:48pmQuote:
Yes, they are the platinum color. I was a little disappointed in their color when I first got them (I was hoping they would be clearer and not so smokey) but they have grown on me. The cable was the best investment I made to go along with them, the ergonomics with them is so much better.post #4137 of 44758/29/13 at 12:52pmQuote:
I feel like my V6s are very durable and would be able to withstand a lot. The weak point is going to be the cable. Also, I tried to use mine while working out (they were not intended for that by me, but they were the only headphones I had at the time) and it was not the best. I clench my jaw and move my mouth way too much when I'm lifting and doing cardio, that it made for a pretty poor experience. I'm going to stick to my headphones that I bought for working out instead. You may have a different experience.post #4138 of 44758/29/13 at 10:28pmQuote:So it implies that I can't move or talk when I am using CIEM?Originally Posted by Wraith13
I feel like my V6s are very durable and would be able to withstand a lot. The weak point is going to be the cable. Also, I tried to use mine while working out (they were not intended for that by me, but they were the only headphones I had at the time) and it was not the best. I clench my jaw and move my mouth way too much when I'm lifting and doing cardio, that it made for a pretty poor experience. I'm going to stick to my headphones that I bought for working out instead. You may have a different experience.post #4139 of 44758/29/13 at 10:42pm
Of course you can. Most professional singers/musicians use customs when they perform live. I'm sure you see them moving jumping shouting etc on stage.
If the fitting is good you should be able to do all that without discomfort.post #4140 of 44758/29/13 at 11:20pm
You can move your jaw, but it is how you move your jaw. A CIEM works by being exact to you ear, if you move your jaw in a way that shapes your ear canal different then at rest or with a bite block in you can cause a lack of fit.
You can usually do a lot with them and never worry about it. But occasionally I will do something that causes a seal break. Anytime you see a professional artist touch their ear it's usually to push the CIEM back in. For me it only took about a week to figure out what I could and couldn't do, I.e. I cannot move my jaw to the far right or my seal will break.
The question you have to ask yourself is can you live learning what you can and cannot do with your jaw during a workout.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Mr. Speakers Mad Dog 3.0 - 3.2 Amp Pairing... 4 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X1 | Review & Comparison 2 minutes ago
- › Legendary synergy? 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17 keeps crashing my Windows 8 laptop 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › What to choose for under 100 us dollars?? 5 minutes ago
- › Project Ember Review 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Philips Fidelio S1 by pignolo
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by alflying
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe