- 56 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Outside of Portland, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
The Sennheiser HD280 that I'm reviewing do not belong to me, they're presumably a couple years old (I didn't ask) and in good condition aside from a couple scratches on the earcups. I was curious...
Disclaimer The FR is a review sample sent from Noble Audio. The reviewer was compensated in the form of a ridiculously cool and form-fitting Noble Audio shirt. Introduction Despite humans...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 261post #3901 of 47735/31/13 at 11:21pmThe fit is great, I get a slight popping sensation when I open my mouth too far, but even then the seal never breaks. They're actually quite comfy, more so than I expected from hard acrylic.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3902 of 47736/1/13 at 12:59ampost #3903 of 47736/1/13 at 1:34am
Nice color choice.. looks identical to what I had for my Quads (way back when).post #3904 of 47736/1/13 at 5:50am
Well said MistahBungle,
I am not 'hanging' the guys and gals at 1964, just sharing the experiences I have had for the last week. Perhaps I am bit anxious but these are my first CIEMs and while a great value, they are still a pretty expensive purchase. I have no doubt though, when I have my V6s in my ears, everything will be perfect and I will be on here singing the praises of 1964s stellar product quality.
Moving on to another topic...
I decided to forgo either the carbon fiber or wood faceplates and instead just went with a nice understated build in Platinum with recessed plugs. I thought it would probably be a better use of the $100+ on customizing the look of the V6s to instead use that money for some custom cables. Does anyone have some advice on which custom cables match best with the V6s or 1964s in general? I'm hoping that they all have a standard plug and that the recessed plugs will work with the customs.
(Edit: Upon more research with Moon Audio, it would seem that the JH/UE/Westone 'standard' cables all have a narrower section at the headphone end of the cable that looks perfect for recessed sockets. So the question is now, is it worth it, and which are the best ones to use.)
Edited by Wraith13 - 6/1/13 at 6:27ampost #3905 of 47736/1/13 at 1:51pm
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!post #3906 of 47736/1/13 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickrussell
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!
Pics or it didn't happen!
(I've always wanted to say that!)post #3907 of 47736/1/13 at 6:07pmpost #3908 of 47736/1/13 at 7:27pm
I opted for no artwork or logos. The only customization I got was the recessed sockets. The color scheme is a tribute to my dad who refinished my #1 guitar in a blueburst paint scheme.post #3909 of 47736/1/13 at 11:01pmpost #3910 of 47736/1/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
Mind showing us that guitar?post #3911 of 47736/1/13 at 11:16pmpost #3912 of 47736/2/13 at 4:27ampost #3913 of 47736/2/13 at 4:28ampost #3914 of 47736/2/13 at 5:23ampost #3915 of 47736/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
There is just something about a clear body with a colored faceplate that I think is classy as hell - My 8A's are coming clear with dark smoke caps (with foil Heir logo embedded inside) - It gives you a glimpse of the work involved. It also can be a vehicle for showing defects (bubbles, etc..) but yours look perfect.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 1 second ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 39 seconds ago
- › Help! I think something is wrong with the way i perceive sound. 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560: From CES to Pre-Launch 1 minute ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 2 minutes ago
- › Ibasso D-zero and M2tech Hiface 2 minutes ago
- › "Professional analog to digital converters for under or around 100USD? 3 minutes ago
- › Skeptico Saloon: An Objectivist Joint 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob