- 56 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Outside of Portland, OR
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 261post #3901 of 46675/31/13 at 11:21pmThe fit is great, I get a slight popping sensation when I open my mouth too far, but even then the seal never breaks. They're actually quite comfy, more so than I expected from hard acrylic.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3902 of 46676/1/13 at 12:59ampost #3903 of 46676/1/13 at 1:34am
Nice color choice.. looks identical to what I had for my Quads (way back when).post #3904 of 46676/1/13 at 5:50am
Well said MistahBungle,
I am not 'hanging' the guys and gals at 1964, just sharing the experiences I have had for the last week. Perhaps I am bit anxious but these are my first CIEMs and while a great value, they are still a pretty expensive purchase. I have no doubt though, when I have my V6s in my ears, everything will be perfect and I will be on here singing the praises of 1964s stellar product quality.
Moving on to another topic...
I decided to forgo either the carbon fiber or wood faceplates and instead just went with a nice understated build in Platinum with recessed plugs. I thought it would probably be a better use of the $100+ on customizing the look of the V6s to instead use that money for some custom cables. Does anyone have some advice on which custom cables match best with the V6s or 1964s in general? I'm hoping that they all have a standard plug and that the recessed plugs will work with the customs.
(Edit: Upon more research with Moon Audio, it would seem that the JH/UE/Westone 'standard' cables all have a narrower section at the headphone end of the cable that looks perfect for recessed sockets. So the question is now, is it worth it, and which are the best ones to use.)
Edited by Wraith13 - 6/1/13 at 6:27ampost #3905 of 46676/1/13 at 1:51pm
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!post #3906 of 46676/1/13 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickrussell
My V3's just arrived about 20 minutes ago! Download of lossless In Absentia has commenced. Meanwhile, listening to Get Lucky on Spotify. Audio source is PC through home stereo system. Probably not the pro stuff some of y'all are into but the sound is already amazing! Can't wait to hear my guitar through these tomorrow!
Pics or it didn't happen!
(I've always wanted to say that!)post #3907 of 46676/1/13 at 6:07pmpost #3908 of 46676/1/13 at 7:27pm
I opted for no artwork or logos. The only customization I got was the recessed sockets. The color scheme is a tribute to my dad who refinished my #1 guitar in a blueburst paint scheme.post #3909 of 46676/1/13 at 11:01pmpost #3910 of 46676/1/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
Mind showing us that guitar?post #3911 of 46676/1/13 at 11:16pmpost #3912 of 46676/2/13 at 4:27ampost #3913 of 46676/2/13 at 4:28ampost #3914 of 46676/2/13 at 5:23ampost #3915 of 46676/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
There is just something about a clear body with a colored faceplate that I think is classy as hell - My 8A's are coming clear with dark smoke caps (with foil Heir logo embedded inside) - It gives you a glimpse of the work involved. It also can be a vehicle for showing defects (bubbles, etc..) but yours look perfect.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 seconds ago
- › Jazz Recommendations from this Century 51 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Tube Change/Biasing a Stax 006t II 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the most portable and affordable high resolution DAP from... 3 minutes ago
- › Help the Newbie pick some Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › LCD-2 vs Grado RS2i 5 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude