Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 259

post #3871 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES View Post

 

I actually emailed with 1964 ears a little while back and the pricing for the loaner program is as follows:

 

V6- $400

Q- $300

V3- $200

D- $150

Quite curious how much variance there is between the universal demo and the custom. Anyone know?


Edited by EveTan - 5/27/13 at 11:05pm
post #3872 of 5218

How about the shipping of the demo? do I need to pay by myself?

post #3873 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimOgawa View Post

How about the shipping of the demo? do I need to pay by myself?

Most likely. Companies wouldn't want to lose money. Shipping can be expensive. And there is no guarantee you will buy their products.

post #3874 of 5218

Thanks for posting the link to the sale.  I have been lolly-gagging about getting my CIEMs from 1964 and this got me off my rear end.  I spent too much time trying to figure out which one would be best, the $100 off of the V6 made that choice a bit easier.  Just sent off my impressions for my V6s in Platinum.  Can't wait to try them out.


Edited by Wraith13 - 5/29/13 at 9:22am
post #3875 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANGES View Post

 

I actually emailed with 1964 ears a little while back and the pricing for the loaner program is as follows:

 

V6- $400

Q- $300

V3- $200

D- $150

Quite curious how much variance there is between the universal demo and the custom. Anyone know?

 

From my experience of demoing customs and owning the actual customs made for my ears, the highs are a bit brighter/sharper, and there's definitely less bass on the demos. This is most likely due to the demos not having as good of a seal as the real customs.

post #3876 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatushin View Post





Thanks guys, both of those post are solid feedback, and while I'm tempted to buy the new magni/modi, it'd be for other reasons. I guess I should specify; I'm looking for a portable rig. That's my fault, I definitely should have said so before. Any recommendation for a portable rig at the same price point? Also, I love my Z2, but are there any other (cheaper) players that would work better with a portable rig? Would the Clip work? I'm tossing down $475 for the V3s and I don't plan on wasting their potential on poor compliments. Thanks again!

Have you thought about the Fiio X3? From what it sounds like, it is going to be a pretty sweet combination of a DAP, DAC, & Amp and would seem to be a great portable rig. Just a thought.
post #3877 of 5218
My thoughts exactly! I am hoping to get a pair of V3s or 4.Ai's for th X3.
post #3878 of 5218

Looking to order my first custom IEM.  Right now I have Etymotic hf5 and ER4P, which I use directly hooked up to my computer or iPod/iPad.  I have mostly been looking at 1964 ears, but not sure on which model to get.  Money is not an issue, but would rather spend less if possible.  I have been looking at the v3, Q and v6.  I mostly listen to electronic music (dubstep, progressive house etc) so like to have bass (which I definitely find my etys are lacking, but not too badly).  As I mentioned before I won't be amping (so would the v6 even be noticably better from a relatively bad source?).  Any advice/thoughts appriciated.

post #3879 of 5218

they're not replying my e-mail

post #3880 of 5218
Did it not occur to you they might be attending to people who have already ordered from them/paid them large sums of money ? (Not to mention they may well be dealing with an influx of orders/enquiries as a result of their sale)

Might want to get some patience.
post #3881 of 5218

I ordered me a pair of the V6's this past weekend. Took advantage of the awesome sale. I get my impressions done tomorrow. I am extremely excited to get these. I have been researching custom iems for the past 2 months now. I read through this entire thread as well as all appreciation threads for their different models. I read through all the unique melody threads as well and a big portion of the ultimate ears threads. I was leaning towards the UM Miracles for several weeks. But i didnt like how they treated the pre-ordering of there new 3 driver model. Plus i dont feel comfortable with sending my impressions overseas and worse off having to resend in the iems for refitting if needed. Therefore i started researching close performing alternatives. The V6 seem to fit my want list perfectly and even at $650 i though it was a great price. But when i saw $550 over the weekend, I knew it was a sign that my hunt is over.... for now. wink_face.gif

 

I'll try and stay in contact on here when i receive my iems. I tend to be a lurker on here more then anything. You can gather a great deal of information on these forums with out having to ask a single question. Its great.

 

I am currently on the quest for a good dac/amp to pair with the V6's. My daily rig right now is a galaxy s4, JDS Labs c421 amp, running a pair of vsonic GR07's. I would like a portable dac to use when i'm at my work pc. I currently use the turtle beach usb dac. Its fine for work purposes because i only use it for training videos and some youtube. But i would like to have a dac/amp combo for when i go on business travel or just to have something different to hear with my galaxy s4. The ALO International is currently on top of my list. I like that it has balanced inputs/outputs and that it has analog input to use just as an amp. I havent had the chance to use balanced connections like that and since you can get custom cables for these new iems. I would love to check that out. I'll be researching custom cables as well. So if anyone wants to make a recommendation for those, please do. But i think i'm going to go with chris_himself  

 

Also i wanted to add that i left a message with 1964 yesterday morning with a bunch of questions and they called me back last night and took the time to answer everyone. I was impressed with that. I figured I wouldn't hear back from them until later this week.  

post #3882 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoeh View Post

Looking to order my first custom IEM.  Right now I have Etymotic hf5 and ER4P, which I use directly hooked up to my computer or iPod/iPad.  I have mostly been looking at 1964 ears, but not sure on which model to get.  Money is not an issue, but would rather spend less if possible.  I have been looking at the v3, Q and v6.  I mostly listen to electronic music (dubstep, progressive house etc) so like to have bass (which I definitely find my etys are lacking, but not too badly).  As I mentioned before I won't be amping (so would the v6 even be noticably better from a relatively bad source?).  Any advice/thoughts appriciated.

 

I have been going blind reading all of the threads here on the CIEMs for quite some time and my impression is that the 1964-Q seems to be the favorite choice for bass-heads.  The V6 (according to 1964 themselves) was designed to be a more neutral 'audiophile' CIEM.  I just bought the V6 this weekend because that is more the sound I am looking for but I'm betting the Qs would be right up your alley.  You could spend the extra money on rush processing or some nice customization.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCrandomdude View Post

I ordered me a pair of the V6's this past weekend. Took advantage of the awesome sale. I get my impressions done tomorrow. I am extremely excited to get these. I have been researching custom iems for the past 2 months now. I read through this entire thread as well as all appreciation threads for their different models. I read through all the unique melody threads as well and a big portion of the ultimate ears threads. I was leaning towards the UM Miracles for several weeks. But i didnt like how they treated the pre-ordering of there new 3 driver model. Plus i dont feel comfortable with sending my impressions overseas and worse off having to resend in the iems for refitting if needed. Therefore i started researching close performing alternatives. The V6 seem to fit my want list perfectly and even at $650 i though it was a great price. But when i saw $550 over the weekend, I knew it was a sign that my hunt is over.... for now. wink_face.gif

 

I'll try and stay in contact on here when i receive my iems. I tend to be a lurker on here more then anything. You can gather a great deal of information on these forums with out having to ask a single question. Its great.

 

I am currently on the quest for a good dac/amp to pair with the V6's. My daily rig right now is a galaxy s4, JDS Labs c421 amp, running a pair of vsonic GR07's. I would like a portable dac to use when i'm at my work pc. I currently use the turtle beach usb dac. Its fine for work purposes because i only use it for training videos and some youtube. But i would like to have a dac/amp combo for when i go on business travel or just to have something different to hear with my galaxy s4. The ALO International is currently on top of my list. I like that it has balanced inputs/outputs and that it has analog input to use just as an amp. I havent had the chance to use balanced connections like that and since you can get custom cables for these new iems. I would love to check that out. I'll be researching custom cables as well. So if anyone wants to make a recommendation for those, please do. But i think i'm going to go with chris_himself  

 

Also i wanted to add that i left a message with 1964 yesterday morning with a bunch of questions and they called me back last night and took the time to answer everyone. I was impressed with that. I figured I wouldn't hear back from them until later this week.  

 

I'm a fan of my Fiio E07 and now E07K.  The great thing is that the E7K works awesome on it's own but if you ever need more power for a desktop system, you can always plug it into the E09K.  I'm an iPhone/iPod guy so I know I can bypass my onboard DAC to use the one in the E07K but I don't know if you can do the same with the Galaxy S4.  I am planning on getting the Fiio X3 when it comes out this summer and just using that as my complete mobile rig.  Might have a cheap E07K to sell here in a month or two. regular_smile%20.gif
 

post #3883 of 5218
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimOgawa View Post

they're not replying my e-mail

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post

Did it not occur to you they might be attending to people who have already ordered from them/paid them large sums of money ? (Not to mention they may well be dealing with an influx of orders/enquiries as a result of their sale)

Might want to get some patience.


For what it's worth, I've ordered getting the slow response. I've shot them a couple emails this week to inquire about expedited shipping once they're ready to send my order and I haven't gotten a reply. But again, they're a small shop and I'm sure this past weekend's sale and a closed shop on Monday has got them pretty backed up. I just hope they're able to see my email before they put them in the mail.

post #3884 of 5218
I've been watching this thread for a long time now and have really seen hit or miss service from 1964. Maybe some people's emails are recognized as spam? People's calls generally seem to result in positive experiences...
post #3885 of 5218
I got a reply a bit ago. Patience is key.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)