I love the Fostex HP-P1....Terrific all-in-one DAC/Amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964 Ears V8 Eight Driver Custom IEMtagged by Ivabign, 10/22/14
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Best sound i ever heard from closed-up portables. I tried: koss porta, senheiser momentum, senheiser hd 25, ath es700, ath or7 and others i dont remember and some number of earphones and few gaming...
Compared to Fiio x3, there is no big differences in terms of sound to me. One thing X3 wins, is better bass response with my ES10 headphones. At first i missed sound of my Fiio X3, but i got use to...
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 251
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends. If you are looking for something that is iDevice certified, it is in the middle. There are less expensive DAC/Amp combos, but they are not certified for direct iPod connection.
I demo'd the Fostex HP-P1 yesterday at a local meet. Awesome little device for sure. I would get one if I still used an iPod as my source.
I'm faceing the same problem and I hear stuff in a really silent way, so what can I do?
even I hear with my iPhone and iPad. I switch around 3 for iPhone and 1 for iPad. That's derps me out if I add my amp.
But now I'm using my FiiO E7 so far so good , but I still hearing at below 8/60.
In addition , I'm using Shure SE535 Ltd right now. Yet I'll purchase V6 as well.
Edited by mBcHc - 3/4/13 at 3:54am
Fostex HP-P1 was one of the biggest let down of my purchases. I've tried it with everything but never came to like it. On the other hand, I'd highly recommend the old and the new CLAS SOLO.
Edited by Yuceka - 3/4/13 at 4:56pm
Interesting...That is the thing about gear. What works for some does not work for others. I love the HP-P1, however, it is great you have found a winner in the CLAS Solo!
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 31 seconds ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 47 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Electrocompanient ECD-1 DAC with Empirical Audio "Turbo-Mod" (Price... 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 3 minutes ago
- › The How and Why of Tubes 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)