I love the Fostex HP-P1....Terrific all-in-one DAC/Amp.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 251
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Depends. If you are looking for something that is iDevice certified, it is in the middle. There are less expensive DAC/Amp combos, but they are not certified for direct iPod connection.
I demo'd the Fostex HP-P1 yesterday at a local meet. Awesome little device for sure. I would get one if I still used an iPod as my source.
I'm faceing the same problem and I hear stuff in a really silent way, so what can I do?
even I hear with my iPhone and iPad. I switch around 3 for iPhone and 1 for iPad. That's derps me out if I add my amp.
But now I'm using my FiiO E7 so far so good , but I still hearing at below 8/60.
In addition , I'm using Shure SE535 Ltd right now. Yet I'll purchase V6 as well.
Edited by mBcHc - 3/4/13 at 3:54am
Fostex HP-P1 was one of the biggest let down of my purchases. I've tried it with everything but never came to like it. On the other hand, I'd highly recommend the old and the new CLAS SOLO.
Edited by Yuceka - 3/4/13 at 4:56pm
Interesting...That is the thing about gear. What works for some does not work for others. I love the HP-P1, however, it is great you have found a winner in the CLAS Solo!
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-3 9 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 10 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman HE500 & HE400 Jergpad Mod v2.5 = 10 minutes ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 10 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)