Unfortunately, unless both were measured in exactly the same manner on the same equipment, those graphs don't really tell us anything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 5/24/11 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are there V6 owners that listen to metal? How do you rate them?
I would describe thrash metal as not having bass. I owned RE262 and they have flat frequency and thought they were great. Could have done with more bass sure but I learned to live with them.
Little bit lost with what to choose right now.
I listen to Progressive metal as you can tell from my avatar. Though I definitely prefer my Stax system V6 do a great job with it too. But they are very revealing, so some metal bands do not have top notch recordings and if your source is poor too, then you may get a "meh" experience. If your entire chain is right up to task until the headphones, V6 are great for metal.
I agree, looking at graphs do not tell the whole story. It seems to be a recurring debate as to the value of graphs.
I believe if grahs are used the person posting should disclose if same measuring equipment was used and if the set up was calibrated.Grabbing graphs from the internet is hardly material to base an advise on.
Nice video for 1964 Ears!
But someone please tell me which one between v3 or v6's vocal are better?
I'm now searching for a CIEM in 1964Ears to replace my SE535LTD.
And I demand a tight bass and a smooth and large soundstage with a slightly forward vocal. Any recommendation ?
Thanks so much!
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Active Speakers that are NOT monitors?? 8 seconds ago
- › Audio-Technica's Take on the Microdriver: ATH-CKN50 and CKN70 33 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 42 seconds ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 44 seconds ago
- › The Deals Thread II. (READ THE FIRST POST!) 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress with updated impressions on... 2 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe