Unfortunately, unless both were measured in exactly the same manner on the same equipment, those graphs don't really tell us anything.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 245post #3661 of 46602/1/13 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 46602/1/13 at 2:53pm
Are there V6 owners that listen to metal? How do you rate them?
I would describe thrash metal as not having bass. I owned RE262 and they have flat frequency and thought they were great. Could have done with more bass sure but I learned to live with them.
Little bit lost with what to choose right now.post #3663 of 46602/1/13 at 4:16pmpost #3664 of 46602/2/13 at 8:28am
I listen to Progressive metal as you can tell from my avatar. Though I definitely prefer my Stax system V6 do a great job with it too. But they are very revealing, so some metal bands do not have top notch recordings and if your source is poor too, then you may get a "meh" experience. If your entire chain is right up to task until the headphones, V6 are great for metal.post #3665 of 46602/2/13 at 11:28ampost #3666 of 46602/2/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I agree, looking at graphs do not tell the whole story. It seems to be a recurring debate as to the value of graphs.
I believe if grahs are used the person posting should disclose if same measuring equipment was used and if the set up was calibrated.Grabbing graphs from the internet is hardly material to base an advise on.post #3667 of 46602/5/13 at 12:24ampost #3668 of 46602/7/13 at 10:37ampost #3669 of 46602/7/13 at 3:41pmpost #3670 of 46602/7/13 at 6:49pm
Nice video for 1964 Ears!
But someone please tell me which one between v3 or v6's vocal are better?
I'm now searching for a CIEM in 1964Ears to replace my SE535LTD.
And I demand a tight bass and a smooth and large soundstage with a slightly forward vocal. Any recommendation ?
Thanks so much!post #3671 of 46602/7/13 at 8:01pmpost #3672 of 46602/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #3673 of 46602/8/13 at 4:00ampost #3674 of 46602/8/13 at 8:33ampost #3675 of 46602/8/13 at 8:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Lear BD4.2 - impressions and appreciation thread. 4 Balanced... 17 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Best version of Superlux HD-681 3 minutes ago
- › WORST headphone you ever heard? 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 8 minutes ago
- › FS: T-PEOS H-200 8 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 11 minutes ago
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude