Unfortunately, unless both were measured in exactly the same manner on the same equipment, those graphs don't really tell us anything.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 245post #3661 of 47732/1/13 at 5:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3662 of 47732/1/13 at 2:53pm
Are there V6 owners that listen to metal? How do you rate them?
I would describe thrash metal as not having bass. I owned RE262 and they have flat frequency and thought they were great. Could have done with more bass sure but I learned to live with them.
Little bit lost with what to choose right now.post #3663 of 47732/1/13 at 4:16pmpost #3664 of 47732/2/13 at 8:28am
I listen to Progressive metal as you can tell from my avatar. Though I definitely prefer my Stax system V6 do a great job with it too. But they are very revealing, so some metal bands do not have top notch recordings and if your source is poor too, then you may get a "meh" experience. If your entire chain is right up to task until the headphones, V6 are great for metal.post #3665 of 47732/2/13 at 11:28ampost #3666 of 47732/2/13 at 11:41amQuote:
I agree, looking at graphs do not tell the whole story. It seems to be a recurring debate as to the value of graphs.
I believe if grahs are used the person posting should disclose if same measuring equipment was used and if the set up was calibrated.Grabbing graphs from the internet is hardly material to base an advise on.post #3667 of 47732/5/13 at 12:24ampost #3668 of 47732/7/13 at 10:37ampost #3669 of 47732/7/13 at 3:41pmpost #3670 of 47732/7/13 at 6:49pm
Nice video for 1964 Ears!
But someone please tell me which one between v3 or v6's vocal are better?
I'm now searching for a CIEM in 1964Ears to replace my SE535LTD.
And I demand a tight bass and a smooth and large soundstage with a slightly forward vocal. Any recommendation ?
Thanks so much!post #3671 of 47732/7/13 at 8:01pmpost #3672 of 47732/7/13 at 8:10pmpost #3673 of 47732/8/13 at 4:00ampost #3674 of 47732/8/13 at 8:33ampost #3675 of 47732/8/13 at 8:34amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 27 seconds ago
- › SPL Auditor for sale EXCELLENT CONDITION 34 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 36 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 40 seconds ago
- › Akg K400 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › WTB: I need a stock HD800 cable! 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob