Unfortunately, unless both were measured in exactly the same manner on the same equipment, those graphs don't really tell us anything.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 5/24/11 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 245
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are there V6 owners that listen to metal? How do you rate them?
I would describe thrash metal as not having bass. I owned RE262 and they have flat frequency and thought they were great. Could have done with more bass sure but I learned to live with them.
Little bit lost with what to choose right now.
I listen to Progressive metal as you can tell from my avatar. Though I definitely prefer my Stax system V6 do a great job with it too. But they are very revealing, so some metal bands do not have top notch recordings and if your source is poor too, then you may get a "meh" experience. If your entire chain is right up to task until the headphones, V6 are great for metal.
I agree, looking at graphs do not tell the whole story. It seems to be a recurring debate as to the value of graphs.
I believe if grahs are used the person posting should disclose if same measuring equipment was used and if the set up was calibrated.Grabbing graphs from the internet is hardly material to base an advise on.
Nice video for 1964 Ears!
But someone please tell me which one between v3 or v6's vocal are better?
I'm now searching for a CIEM in 1964Ears to replace my SE535LTD.
And I demand a tight bass and a smooth and large soundstage with a slightly forward vocal. Any recommendation ?
Thanks so much!
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 2 seconds ago
- › RCA and Raytheon 6AS7G and 5U4G tubes 26 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Need amp (or amp/dac) for my new Ultrasone Pro900!! Under USD$150 3 minutes ago
- › Is Grado evolving too slowly? 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz M2 or something else? 4 minutes ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Tea-Fi? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe