- 32 Posts. Joined 12/2006
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/10/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
I have been using Samson SR940 for a week now so this review will not be too detailed. It was a blind purchase as there are no helpful reviews available. I bought two headphones; Beyer DT880 pro...
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 237post #3541 of 448110/21/12 at 10:09pmOne of the reasons why I went without soft tips as well.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3542 of 448110/25/12 at 3:36pmpost #3543 of 448111/1/12 at 8:17am
And they're off. My ear impressions that is. They're on their way to 1964 so that they may make my quads. Except that Sandy has put an oar in and delivery will probably be delayed for up to two weeks or more since delivery is to be made at USPS in New York. I am probably looking at sometime close to 2 months before I'll receive the Quads.post #3544 of 448111/1/12 at 3:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by wadge
And they're off. My ear impressions that is. They're on their way to 1964 so that they may make my quads. Except that Sandy has put an oar in and delivery will probably be delayed for up to two weeks or more since delivery is to be made at USPS in New York. I am probably looking at sometime close to 2 months before I'll receive the Quads.
Ouch... hope you have something to keep you busy during that time.
I got a call from Vitaliy today... it was a bit awkward if I'm honest . Nonetheless, nice to know Vitaliy is very much in touch with his customers and isn't up in some pompous elitist cloud looking down on all of us.post #3545 of 448111/3/12 at 11:27pmpost #3546 of 448111/4/12 at 11:17pmI've just put them out of my mind until 1964 contact me. My band is going through a bit of a shopping spree. So its a new mixer, amp and a couple of odds and ends. Hopefully they'll all come together, including my IEM and we'll have fun setting it all up and learning ti use the new gear.
I'm hoping the transition to IEM will be smooth to justify my purchasepost #3547 of 448111/5/12 at 6:18ampost #3548 of 448111/5/12 at 1:37pmpost #3549 of 448111/5/12 at 4:22pm
I received my V3's today! And they're WAY smaller than I imagined them to be. I guess seeing so many large pictures of them online made me think that way.
Couple of questions and perhaps problems though:
1. I feel a bit of a pressure-build up with them in. Is this normal?
2. I get quite a bit of occlusion if I try talking or singing with them on. If I push them in a little, most of it goes away, and if I apply a gentle amount of pressure, it goes away totally. Is it normal to have some occlusion with these? Because I have A LOT and I bought these to sing, so this is a big problem.
3. Adding on to #2, I feel like there is significant bloating around 300-500hz. If I push the IEM's in a little bit, the hump goes away, but then the frequencies around 125hz and 1-2hz dip by around 4dB I would say.
4. I also hear a disparity between the sound in my left and right ears. More specifically, my right ear hears more of a boost from 2khz-6khz Perhaps this is just a difference in how MY ears hear. Perhaps a fit problem. My left ear is prone to popping in an out a fair amount of noise if I sing very, very loudly or if I sigh or swallow. I do feel as though the right IEM fits more securely in my ear too.
This being said, by the time I hit "submit" for this post, It'll be only one hour since I've had them in my hands, so this could all just be because I'm not used to the sound signature. I did have my Shure SE215's in my ears for a fair amount of time while I was at school today, so maybe that could have stretched out my canals a bit, affecting the current fit of my V3's. Regardless, I will wait a couple days or so before I make any serious judgements on these.
I do have to say though, they looked SWEET and much nicer than I expected them too.
EDIT: In regard to #2 and #3, pulling down on my ear lobes after inserting them does seem to seat the V3's more properly in my ears, but it doesn't completely rid the occlusion effect.post #3550 of 448111/5/12 at 9:14pmpost #3551 of 448111/6/12 at 5:56ampost #3552 of 448111/6/12 at 8:04amQuote:
Yes. Mine are up for sale too. Not because I don't like them but it's just because it's hard to justify keeping both customs and the issue of diminishing returns.post #3553 of 448111/6/12 at 11:53amI just bought a set of the Quads from the classifieds. Does anyone still have a copy of the frequency response chart, that used to be posted for them, they could send me? I'd like to have an idea of what to expect, since it will be a few weeks before I can send them in to be reshelled.post #3554 of 448111/6/12 at 2:18pmpost #3555 of 448111/6/12 at 3:57pmQuote:
V4 confirmation? (not that we didn't know it was coming eventually)Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › measurements are models 2 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Crack with Speedball and output caps upgrade 6 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis meet Jan 26, 2014 16 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 39 seconds ago
- › Please help me with advise, which headphones should I buy 1 minute ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › New AKG flagship K812 first impression 4 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital