I think they got rid of the FR charts on the 1964 website. I'm not sure why. Perhaps a cached version would still work? It's actually been a while since I noticed them working.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 217
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah me too. I cant seem to access the website.
It's the real carbon fibre, its an additional USD 100 for both sides. I have done reshells with UM, G-Customs, and 1964 Ears. and i must say that 1964 Ears reshells are the best by far.
Awesome, great to hear. In enquired about their wood faceplate and they only have the light coloured one so looks like Carbon for me :D
So it looks like I'm going to get the Ds.
I was contemplating whether or not to have my UM2-RC reshelled or just get the house duals from 1964.
Now for the color... I'm thinking one trans black and the other trans wine. I was also thinking both trans black with wine tips... Decisions, decisions.
I have an appointment the Tues after next to get my impressions. The waits going to be tough.
Its meant to be that way, one side with the J from the top and the other side with the J from the bottom. Because if both are with the J from either the top or the bottom, one side would be spelling my name backwards.
I just got my quads back from UM and haven't had much time to use them because I'm going to send them back because of a socket issue. However, in the brief time I did listen with them, I found them to be fairly neutral except for the lows. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, but without the spike in the highs - I really didn't detect a big difference between the two, but that may change with further listening. My source was a J3 with with no amping and standard issue cables. I'm hoping UM can fix the socket w/o too much trouble. I have to commend them for the fit they acheived - pretty darn good!
I wonder how the new drivers balance with the originals?
This is a response to a query made by a head-fier regarding a comparison between the UM Miracle and the TF10x6 upgrade:
"Whilst they are both six driver IEM's, with twin lows, twin mids and twin highs, they share many similarities as well as many differences.
The things they do share is extension, control, accuracy.
Where they differ is soundstage, separation and presentation.
The TF10x6 is fantastic bang for buck, it is the absolute cheapest way to get into a six driver custom. That being said, the Miracle still outclasses the TF10x6 if a neutral and smooth IEM with a large yet accurate/well presented custom is what you are after.
There is a reason we designed the Miracle utilising different drivers to the TF10x6. Yet there is also a reason we are developed the TF10x6 upgrade and are happy to put our name to it."
I hope this was helpful. You can send UM an email if this doesn't address your main concerns.
I'm in need of a mic for my phone but still want to use my quads. Do any of you know where I could find a westone cable with a mic? I looked into the EPICS MIC cable, but apparently the microphone on it lets in a lot of BG noise and is pure crap. Does anyone make custom cables with mics?
Yep I have been watching those "a lot of people" completely suffering from the awful customer service of UM. RingingEars, if you want to wait for your order for several months and not know what's going on, go ahead send them to UM. They may be rectifying the situation lately but just reading the entire thread and fellow head-fi'ers experiences, I am quite content content with my Quads and still waiting on the 6 driver upgrade from 1964 Ears. The only other company I may consider is the Heir Audio and that's because the person behind knows what he's doing and great with customers.
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Metro Detroit 2014 Meet/Party/Get-Together 9/20/2014... 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 29 seconds ago
- › Need Help on finding a portable headphone amp that will also work... 52 seconds ago
- › Shure SE 846 for sale. Silver Viablue Cabling upgrade by Ted Allen. 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF2A USB DAC/Amp appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)