I think they got rid of the FR charts on the 1964 website. I'm not sure why. Perhaps a cached version would still work? It's actually been a while since I noticed them working.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/26/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/26/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 217
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3242 of 44657/12/12 at 8:41amQuote:
Yeah me too. I cant seem to access the website.post #3243 of 44657/19/12 at 5:48ampost #3244 of 44657/19/12 at 7:35am
It's the real carbon fibre, its an additional USD 100 for both sides. I have done reshells with UM, G-Customs, and 1964 Ears. and i must say that 1964 Ears reshells are the best by far.post #3245 of 44657/19/12 at 7:46pm
Awesome, great to hear. In enquired about their wood faceplate and they only have the light coloured one so looks like Carbon for me :Dpost #3246 of 44657/20/12 at 11:59am
So it looks like I'm going to get the Ds.
I was contemplating whether or not to have my UM2-RC reshelled or just get the house duals from 1964.
Now for the color... I'm thinking one trans black and the other trans wine. I was also thinking both trans black with wine tips... Decisions, decisions.
I have an appointment the Tues after next to get my impressions. The waits going to be tough.post #3247 of 44657/20/12 at 5:56pm
Josh it looks like you have your polarities wrong on your left CIEM.post #3248 of 44657/20/12 at 7:51pmQuote:
Its meant to be that way, one side with the J from the top and the other side with the J from the bottom. Because if both are with the J from either the top or the bottom, one side would be spelling my name backwards.post #3249 of 44657/22/12 at 3:13am
I just got my quads back from UM and haven't had much time to use them because I'm going to send them back because of a socket issue. However, in the brief time I did listen with them, I found them to be fairly neutral except for the lows. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, but without the spike in the highs - I really didn't detect a big difference between the two, but that may change with further listening. My source was a J3 with with no amping and standard issue cables. I'm hoping UM can fix the socket w/o too much trouble. I have to commend them for the fit they acheived - pretty darn good!
post #3250 of 44657/22/12 at 4:54pmpost #3251 of 44657/22/12 at 5:28pmpost #3252 of 44657/22/12 at 6:23pmQuote:
I wonder how the new drivers balance with the originals?post #3253 of 44657/22/12 at 7:53pm
This is a response to a query made by a head-fier regarding a comparison between the UM Miracle and the TF10x6 upgrade:
"Whilst they are both six driver IEM's, with twin lows, twin mids and twin highs, they share many similarities as well as many differences.
The things they do share is extension, control, accuracy.
Where they differ is soundstage, separation and presentation.
The TF10x6 is fantastic bang for buck, it is the absolute cheapest way to get into a six driver custom. That being said, the Miracle still outclasses the TF10x6 if a neutral and smooth IEM with a large yet accurate/well presented custom is what you are after.
There is a reason we designed the Miracle utilising different drivers to the TF10x6. Yet there is also a reason we are developed the TF10x6 upgrade and are happy to put our name to it."
I hope this was helpful. You can send UM an email if this doesn't address your main concerns.post #3254 of 44657/22/12 at 9:07pm
I'm in need of a mic for my phone but still want to use my quads. Do any of you know where I could find a westone cable with a mic? I looked into the EPICS MIC cable, but apparently the microphone on it lets in a lot of BG noise and is pure crap. Does anyone make custom cables with mics?post #3255 of 44657/22/12 at 9:25pmQuote:
Yep I have been watching those "a lot of people" completely suffering from the awful customer service of UM. RingingEars, if you want to wait for your order for several months and not know what's going on, go ahead send them to UM. They may be rectifying the situation lately but just reading the entire thread and fellow head-fi'ers experiences, I am quite content content with my Quads and still waiting on the 6 driver upgrade from 1964 Ears. The only other company I may consider is the Heir Audio and that's because the person behind knows what he's doing and great with customers.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Using my HD650's on platforms other than my PC - need help with... 5 seconds ago
- › Need help for the best "closed" or "semi-closed' over ear for... 20 seconds ago
- › Starving Student PCB's 48 seconds ago
- › HE-500 what amp(maybe dac) for $250-350 ? 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH440 Impression 3 minutes ago
- › Request for advise on a headphone affair 4 minutes ago
- › ath-m50s now what 5 minutes ago
- › Singapore Head-Fi Meet 8th December 2013 [Pictures] 5 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi