I think they got rid of the FR charts on the 1964 website. I'm not sure why. Perhaps a cached version would still work? It's actually been a while since I noticed them working.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 5/24/11 at 2:46pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 217
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Yeah me too. I cant seem to access the website.
It's the real carbon fibre, its an additional USD 100 for both sides. I have done reshells with UM, G-Customs, and 1964 Ears. and i must say that 1964 Ears reshells are the best by far.
Awesome, great to hear. In enquired about their wood faceplate and they only have the light coloured one so looks like Carbon for me :D
So it looks like I'm going to get the Ds.
I was contemplating whether or not to have my UM2-RC reshelled or just get the house duals from 1964.
Now for the color... I'm thinking one trans black and the other trans wine. I was also thinking both trans black with wine tips... Decisions, decisions.
I have an appointment the Tues after next to get my impressions. The waits going to be tough.
Its meant to be that way, one side with the J from the top and the other side with the J from the bottom. Because if both are with the J from either the top or the bottom, one side would be spelling my name backwards.
I just got my quads back from UM and haven't had much time to use them because I'm going to send them back because of a socket issue. However, in the brief time I did listen with them, I found them to be fairly neutral except for the lows. They actually remind me a lot of my GR07s, but without the spike in the highs - I really didn't detect a big difference between the two, but that may change with further listening. My source was a J3 with with no amping and standard issue cables. I'm hoping UM can fix the socket w/o too much trouble. I have to commend them for the fit they acheived - pretty darn good!
I wonder how the new drivers balance with the originals?
This is a response to a query made by a head-fier regarding a comparison between the UM Miracle and the TF10x6 upgrade:
"Whilst they are both six driver IEM's, with twin lows, twin mids and twin highs, they share many similarities as well as many differences.
The things they do share is extension, control, accuracy.
Where they differ is soundstage, separation and presentation.
The TF10x6 is fantastic bang for buck, it is the absolute cheapest way to get into a six driver custom. That being said, the Miracle still outclasses the TF10x6 if a neutral and smooth IEM with a large yet accurate/well presented custom is what you are after.
There is a reason we designed the Miracle utilising different drivers to the TF10x6. Yet there is also a reason we are developed the TF10x6 upgrade and are happy to put our name to it."
I hope this was helpful. You can send UM an email if this doesn't address your main concerns.
I'm in need of a mic for my phone but still want to use my quads. Do any of you know where I could find a westone cable with a mic? I looked into the EPICS MIC cable, but apparently the microphone on it lets in a lot of BG noise and is pure crap. Does anyone make custom cables with mics?
Yep I have been watching those "a lot of people" completely suffering from the awful customer service of UM. RingingEars, if you want to wait for your order for several months and not know what's going on, go ahead send them to UM. They may be rectifying the situation lately but just reading the entire thread and fellow head-fi'ers experiences, I am quite content content with my Quads and still waiting on the 6 driver upgrade from 1964 Ears. The only other company I may consider is the Heir Audio and that's because the person behind knows what he's doing and great with customers.
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 20 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 27 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 51 seconds ago
- › Need urgent help to choose amp. For Hd800 1 minute ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The pain of walking into a hifi store... 2 minutes ago
- › Anyone here own the Custom One Pro? I bought it... 2 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 Hybrid IEM (Stealth) - Sennheiser IE800... 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe