Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 213

post #3181 of 5238

 Just received my Quads with soft tips. Purple with recessed sockets. No bubbles that I can see. Had them just put my name on them matching the 1964 Font. Have used them for a few hours so far, and fit seems good! The soft canels do seem to form to the inside of your ear after they heat up. I think I made the right choice, time will tell. Have been Using C5 and Monster Turbines. The bass seems about the same as the Monsters but much cleaner. I want to thank everyone that has posted comments on this forum. I think I read every one of them the last few months. It took me a year to spend the money on these but I think I have made the right choice. I paid $700.00 for everything including express build. It took Three weeks to the day since I sent my order in. Seemed like forever!

I tried to upload photo but I keep getting a temporary error message?

post #3182 of 5238

3 weeks for an express build? Or was that including the shipping time to there, the build, and then the shipping to back to you?

post #3183 of 5238

When I reach 1964 post on here I'll be ordering my Quads. Would that justify getting a discount from them?  :D

post #3184 of 5238

Been trying to get Chris himself to respond to my emails. Initially he was responsive...now he's fallen off the face of the earth. I have sent him several emails about his silver cables for my Quads, but he will not respond. Too bad, I was looking forward to giving them a try; good to know that others have had a different experience. Anybody have recommendations? Thanks

post #3185 of 5238

I think Chris is on/has been on vacation, atm.. perhaps that's why he's not taking any orders right now (and probably why he's not responding).

post #3186 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I think Chris is on/has been on vacation, atm.. perhaps that's why he's not taking any orders right now (and probably why he's not responding).

 

Headphone Lounge is experiencing silver cable shortage, backordered!

post #3187 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWbirdseye View Post

Been trying to get Chris himself to respond to my emails. Initially he was responsive...now he's fallen off the face of the earth. I have sent him several emails about his silver cables for my Quads, but he will not respond. Too bad, I was looking forward to giving them a try; good to know that others have had a different experience. Anybody have recommendations? Thanks

He is active on his facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/ChrisHimselfAudio

I have nothing but praise for the guy but I think he is getting snowed under with work/orders.

The silver cable for the quads is a nice upgrade BTW. I would have laughed in your face for telling me there would be the slightest difference but I am having to eat humble.

post #3188 of 5238
Originally Posted by JuicyBruce View Post

The silver cable for the quads is a nice upgrade BTW. I would have laughed in your face for telling me there would be the slightest difference but I am having to eat humble.

 

You're welcome.

 

hodgman_200.jpg?width=200&height=160&quality=0.91&crop=true

 

wink_face.gif

post #3189 of 5238
Sup yall? I sent in my impressions on may 22, and paid on the 25th. I know its a wait, but a worthwhile one.

A question for those that have any custom molds... Does sweat effect them? I just joined a club, and I'm thinking of rocking the Quads on the treadmill. Bad idea?
post #3190 of 5238
Not necessarily a bad idea, but I'd invest in a dehumidifier from 1964-EARS. I think it's on,y eight bucks or so and you can refresh the bead by microwaving them.
post #3191 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordabega View Post

Sup yall? I sent in my impressions on may 22, and paid on the 25th. I know its a wait, but a worthwhile one.
A question for those that have any custom molds... Does sweat effect them? I just joined a club, and I'm thinking of rocking the Quads on the treadmill. Bad idea?

Sweat won't do anything to the acrylic, but it could find its way into the tubes or sockets if you're careless. As long as you're not constantly disconnecting the cable or getting tons of sweat in your ear then you'll be fine.

Even if you do though, you'd just need to leave them overnight in a dehumidifier jar and they should be fine after that.

post #3192 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordabega View Post

Sup yall? I sent in my impressions on may 22, and paid on the 25th. I know its a wait, but a worthwhile one.
A question for those that have any custom molds... Does sweat effect them? I just joined a club, and I'm thinking of rocking the Quads on the treadmill. Bad idea?

 

Personally, I'd probably get a cheap(ish) pair of universals.  Sweat, salt etc. won't hurt the externals, but might be nasty to the internals.


Edited by aamefford - 6/7/12 at 9:13pm
post #3193 of 5238
The three weeks included shipping. I expressed shipped them there too. So it took a total of three weeks with shipping both ways.

Just a update they seem to fit fine. I have had them in for over 6 hours total. My ears to sweat a tiny bit. So had to pull them out every few hours.
post #3194 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordabega View Post

Sup yall? I sent in my impressions on may 22, and paid on the 25th. I know its a wait, but a worthwhile one.
A question for those that have any custom molds... Does sweat effect them? I just joined a club, and I'm thinking of rocking the Quads on the treadmill. Bad idea?

They are after all meant for stage use where muscians sweat; just dry them out with a humidifier unless you live in a very dry climate, in which case you should be okay.

post #3195 of 5238
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I think Chris is on/has been on vacation, atm.. perhaps that's why he's not taking any orders right now (and probably why he's not responding).

I would think that he could at least respond with a message, even if it's 1 week late; or better yet a general  message on his web site.....

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)