I personally wouldn't buy something from a company that has pretty much no feedback yet... but go for it because I'm curious to hear! but then again I kinda wanted to hear a comparison to like a JH or Westone product. Which model you going to get Ronald?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 477810/27/10 at 7:38pm
I'll go for one of this if their dual or triple driver offerings can rival the JH5, UE4 or ES2. Wonder what the sound sig is like, from what i read about the livewires and UM customs, their sound sig doesn't appeal to me.post #18 of 477810/27/10 at 9:56pmQuote:
no idea yet, thinking of the triple or the quad one. I am listening more of classical and jazz music, thus not such which one. You?post #19 of 477810/28/10 at 7:47ampost #20 of 477810/28/10 at 12:13pm
well, I'm going to be mostly listening to music as opposed to preforming live so im assuming the 2's have extra mids as they say vocalists and guitarists like them, the 3's will have extra bass because they say drummers and bass players will like them... so as long as the quad driver is the most balanced one probably the quad. But then again, I need to hear some feedback on this product first.post #21 of 477810/28/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 477810/28/10 at 12:48pmQuote:
what do you mean>? "which is sound alomost similar to it?"
how do you know how it sounds if you haven't reviewed it.post #23 of 477810/28/10 at 8:32pm
ehhh, what i meant is there is I read in these thread that someone said it sound similar to the JH? It was stated somewhere in the earlier post.
Edited by Ronald Lee - 10/28/10 at 9:26pmpost #24 of 477810/29/10 at 1:24am
I believe aleki was talking about this post:
But that means nothing, it could be someone from 1964 trying to promote their products.
However if it turns out these are really good, JH Audio are going to wish they never sent their JH13 to a website that has no clue about sound
post #25 of 477810/29/10 at 2:17am
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.post #26 of 477810/29/10 at 2:58am
Firstly, it was from Maximum PC, and secondly I was quoting a funny comment. So better read fully and carefully before responding.
Quote:Originally Posted by goodvibes
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.post #27 of 477810/29/10 at 7:24amQuote:
Good to know and I did read carefully. Italicizing is not quoting so no way to know intent and that quote is no where else in this thread so no way to assume it one. PCmag.com (Only one mentioned in thread) is the web site associated to PC magazine. Pretty hard not to come to my apperantly mistaken conclusion.
I guess we agree it was poor form then. Just not yours.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/29/10 at 7:31ampost #28 of 477810/29/10 at 12:38pmpost #29 of 477810/29/10 at 5:47pm
Hello all. New to the custom IEM market and have been researching the past week or so. Googled and found the usual suspects..UE, Alien Ears, Westone, JH, etc. It wasn't until yesterday that I stubbled across 1964 custom in ears. The main atraction was their location (the second was price..on sale at $500 with free custom color). I'm about 15 miles outside of Portland, OR and really like the idea of having physical access to the company I buy them from. I've read that most problems result from a poor fit and shipping back and forth to get it right. Now, with that said, most of the discussions and technical terms used about headphone sound leave me feeling like I'm at the United Nations without a headset..I will simply use these with my ipod and maybe play acoustic guitar at a tavern or two. I'm not a sound expert. I spoke with the guy at 1964 (a different sounding name I can't remember) and he suggested the new unreleased 4 speaker version (big surprise). He took my name and number and says he'll contact in a week or two when they are officially released. Although I won't be much help for reviewing sound quality, I can tell you whether they fit property, how the transaction went and answer any other questions about the physical plant, etc. I plan to drop off my imprerssions and pick up and have them show me how to put them in when they're done. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Audio Sensibility Cables, any experience? 12 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY XB90EX 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Car audio-Fi 6 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob