I personally wouldn't buy something from a company that has pretty much no feedback yet... but go for it because I'm curious to hear! but then again I kinda wanted to hear a comparison to like a JH or Westone product. Which model you going to get Ronald?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brand1964 Earstagged by System, 1/11/11
- product1964-T triple driver custom IEMtagged by System, 1/11/11
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
Related Forum Threads
- I NEED HELP Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Custom In-Ear Monitors (First Time Buyer) Last post on 10/17/11 at 1:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Deciding between JH5 & 1964T, ready to buy Last post on 9/27/11 at 11:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help me choose! Triple or Quad 1964 Ears? Last post on 8/14/13 at 12:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 12/10/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 479410/27/10 at 7:38pm
I'll go for one of this if their dual or triple driver offerings can rival the JH5, UE4 or ES2. Wonder what the sound sig is like, from what i read about the livewires and UM customs, their sound sig doesn't appeal to me.post #18 of 479410/27/10 at 9:56pmQuote:
no idea yet, thinking of the triple or the quad one. I am listening more of classical and jazz music, thus not such which one. You?post #19 of 479410/28/10 at 7:47ampost #20 of 479410/28/10 at 12:13pm
well, I'm going to be mostly listening to music as opposed to preforming live so im assuming the 2's have extra mids as they say vocalists and guitarists like them, the 3's will have extra bass because they say drummers and bass players will like them... so as long as the quad driver is the most balanced one probably the quad. But then again, I need to hear some feedback on this product first.post #21 of 479410/28/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 479410/28/10 at 12:48pmQuote:
what do you mean>? "which is sound alomost similar to it?"
how do you know how it sounds if you haven't reviewed it.post #23 of 479410/28/10 at 8:32pm
ehhh, what i meant is there is I read in these thread that someone said it sound similar to the JH? It was stated somewhere in the earlier post.
Edited by Ronald Lee - 10/28/10 at 9:26pmpost #24 of 479410/29/10 at 1:24am
I believe aleki was talking about this post:
But that means nothing, it could be someone from 1964 trying to promote their products.
However if it turns out these are really good, JH Audio are going to wish they never sent their JH13 to a website that has no clue about sound
post #25 of 479410/29/10 at 2:17am
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.post #26 of 479410/29/10 at 2:58am
Firstly, it was from Maximum PC, and secondly I was quoting a funny comment. So better read fully and carefully before responding.
Quote:Originally Posted by goodvibes
Actually, PCmag does very nice reviews of IEMs complete with graphs etc. Pretty harsh comment as i'm sure you haven't researched their reviews. The mag is in no way responsable for the comment and it does not represent their point of view. It was posted just like your's is here and should hold about as much weight. Making good transducers is 1/2 science and 1/2 art. Voicing and design of these products go well beyond the sum of their parts.post #27 of 479410/29/10 at 7:24amQuote:
Good to know and I did read carefully. Italicizing is not quoting so no way to know intent and that quote is no where else in this thread so no way to assume it one. PCmag.com (Only one mentioned in thread) is the web site associated to PC magazine. Pretty hard not to come to my apperantly mistaken conclusion.
I guess we agree it was poor form then. Just not yours.
Edited by goodvibes - 10/29/10 at 7:31ampost #28 of 479410/29/10 at 12:38pmpost #29 of 479410/29/10 at 5:47pm
Hello all. New to the custom IEM market and have been researching the past week or so. Googled and found the usual suspects..UE, Alien Ears, Westone, JH, etc. It wasn't until yesterday that I stubbled across 1964 custom in ears. The main atraction was their location (the second was price..on sale at $500 with free custom color). I'm about 15 miles outside of Portland, OR and really like the idea of having physical access to the company I buy them from. I've read that most problems result from a poor fit and shipping back and forth to get it right. Now, with that said, most of the discussions and technical terms used about headphone sound leave me feeling like I'm at the United Nations without a headset..I will simply use these with my ipod and maybe play acoustic guitar at a tavern or two. I'm not a sound expert. I spoke with the guy at 1964 (a different sounding name I can't remember) and he suggested the new unreleased 4 speaker version (big surprise). He took my name and number and says he'll contact in a week or two when they are officially released. Although I won't be much help for reviewing sound quality, I can tell you whether they fit property, how the transaction went and answer any other questions about the physical plant, etc. I plan to drop off my imprerssions and pick up and have them show me how to put them in when they're done. Anyway, I'll keep you posted.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › FiiO E18 Review 34 seconds ago
- › Grado RS1i Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Instructions regarding the installation of USB DAC driver! 4 minutes ago
- › 11-piece Starter or Mid-range Audiophile Package! -- 1 of every... 4 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio 5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 6,7 & 8 DJ Appreciation thread. Opinions, reviews,... 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Brainwavz B2 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude