Ok fellas.. I know monster, and beats get hate on here (and everywhere) but I've had the Pro'd preordered since May, and still havent got them. I need headphones. Should I get my money back and order the TMA-1s? How do you think they'd compare? I listen to mainly hip hop, electronic, and acoustic rock. Also, do the aiaiai's need an amp, or are they good to go?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones on a $100 budget Last post on 6/23/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
IntroductionWhen I first reviewed Schiit Audio's original Modi/Vali stack many moons ago, I walked away very impressed to say the least. Not only was it a cost effective solution for the budding...
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?post #1 of 810/24/10 at 12:24pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 810/24/10 at 12:29pm
I think the AIAIAI's would be better, they are getting lots of hype lately. As far as a amp they should be good without, but they would benefit with one just like any headphone.post #3 of 810/24/10 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/9/10 at 6:32am
You should also take a look at this thread and read Kernmacs recent review fo the headphones:
The TMA-1s are cheaper and according to many of the early reviews are a very good set of headphones.
You should maybe also look into the Sennhieser HD25-1 ii, they seem to be another close competitor in your price range, yet it is much more widely available so you may actually be able to audition them at a store before purchasing them.post #5 of 89/25/11 at 10:50am
personally i was not impressed by the aiaiai and would say the beats all day longpost #6 of 89/25/11 at 10:56am
I'll say this much. The TMA's are currently my favorite headphone by far. They are almost perfect for my taste right now, if only they were fullsize.
I can't even compare them to the beats. (I've only heard the studios though. Not the pro. But the studios were, in my opinion, not good at all. They aren't horrible but they aren't good. They're not worth their price by far.)
Take a look at the beats threads here and you can read about them, they're not that popular at all.
Edited by HK47 - 9/25/11 at 10:58ampost #7 of 89/25/11 at 2:47pmpost #8 of 89/25/11 at 7:06pm
Definitely get your money back. Are you looking for portable headphones? If not, take a look at Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80, Ultrasone HFI 580, and Denon D2000. All of which can be found cheaper than the Pros and would definitely sound better. However, they are not so portable imo.
- AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 28 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40x: The Little Brother that Could 58 seconds ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › [HELP] Choosing a open headphone. (HD650 - X2 - DT990 Premium) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5II Silver w/ free 64GB microSD 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear