Ok fellas.. I know monster, and beats get hate on here (and everywhere) but I've had the Pro'd preordered since May, and still havent got them. I need headphones. Should I get my money back and order the TMA-1s? How do you think they'd compare? I listen to mainly hip hop, electronic, and acoustic rock. Also, do the aiaiai's need an amp, or are they good to go?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones on a $100 budget Last post on 6/23/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?post #1 of 810/24/10 at 12:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 810/24/10 at 12:29pm
I think the AIAIAI's would be better, they are getting lots of hype lately. As far as a amp they should be good without, but they would benefit with one just like any headphone.post #3 of 810/24/10 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/9/10 at 6:32am
You should also take a look at this thread and read Kernmacs recent review fo the headphones:
The TMA-1s are cheaper and according to many of the early reviews are a very good set of headphones.
You should maybe also look into the Sennhieser HD25-1 ii, they seem to be another close competitor in your price range, yet it is much more widely available so you may actually be able to audition them at a store before purchasing them.post #5 of 89/25/11 at 10:50ampost #6 of 89/25/11 at 10:56am
I'll say this much. The TMA's are currently my favorite headphone by far. They are almost perfect for my taste right now, if only they were fullsize.
I can't even compare them to the beats. (I've only heard the studios though. Not the pro. But the studios were, in my opinion, not good at all. They aren't horrible but they aren't good. They're not worth their price by far.)
Take a look at the beats threads here and you can read about them, they're not that popular at all.
Edited by HK47 - 9/25/11 at 10:58ampost #7 of 89/25/11 at 2:47pmpost #8 of 89/25/11 at 7:06pm
Definitely get your money back. Are you looking for portable headphones? If not, take a look at Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80, Ultrasone HFI 580, and Denon D2000. All of which can be found cheaper than the Pros and would definitely sound better. However, they are not so portable imo.
- AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 35 seconds ago
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 47 seconds ago
- › Matrix M-stage with Class A Bias Mod 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi CES 2015 Highlights 3 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Linear Power Supply (LPS and LPS4)... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Nap-Chiang
- › Noble 4 by Airlight
- › ROCK JAW KOMMAND BA + Dynamic hybrid by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by Apex Eight
- › Westone UM Pro30 High Performance Triple Driver Universal Fit... by Sort
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS99 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by Mottom
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by Kenny Ingram
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)