Ok fellas.. I know monster, and beats get hate on here (and everywhere) but I've had the Pro'd preordered since May, and still havent got them. I need headphones. Should I get my money back and order the TMA-1s? How do you think they'd compare? I listen to mainly hip hop, electronic, and acoustic rock. Also, do the aiaiai's need an amp, or are they good to go?
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones on a $100 budget Last post on 6/23/11 at 12:12am in Headphones (full-size)
- Most noise isolating portable over ear phones Last post on 12/12/12 at 9:51am in Headphones (full-size)
- Any over-ear closed headphone with great metal/rock signature???? Last post on 12/18/13 at 11:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- On ear or over ear headphone with good isolation in the sub $200 range? Last post on 9/7/12 at 2:25pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Budget $200-300 Want over-ear decent design headphone to buy Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?post #1 of 810/24/10 at 12:24pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 810/24/10 at 12:29pm
I think the AIAIAI's would be better, they are getting lots of hype lately. As far as a amp they should be good without, but they would benefit with one just like any headphone.post #3 of 810/24/10 at 2:13pmThread Starterpost #4 of 811/9/10 at 6:32am
You should also take a look at this thread and read Kernmacs recent review fo the headphones:
The TMA-1s are cheaper and according to many of the early reviews are a very good set of headphones.
You should maybe also look into the Sennhieser HD25-1 ii, they seem to be another close competitor in your price range, yet it is much more widely available so you may actually be able to audition them at a store before purchasing them.post #5 of 89/25/11 at 10:50am
personally i was not impressed by the aiaiai and would say the beats all day longpost #6 of 89/25/11 at 10:56am
I'll say this much. The TMA's are currently my favorite headphone by far. They are almost perfect for my taste right now, if only they were fullsize.
I can't even compare them to the beats. (I've only heard the studios though. Not the pro. But the studios were, in my opinion, not good at all. They aren't horrible but they aren't good. They're not worth their price by far.)
Take a look at the beats threads here and you can read about them, they're not that popular at all.
Edited by HK47 - 9/25/11 at 10:58ampost #7 of 89/25/11 at 2:47pmpost #8 of 89/25/11 at 7:06pm
Definitely get your money back. Are you looking for portable headphones? If not, take a look at Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80, Ultrasone HFI 580, and Denon D2000. All of which can be found cheaper than the Pros and would definitely sound better. However, they are not so portable imo.
- AIAIAI TMA-1 or Beats Pro?
- Headphone Impedance
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 52 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 58 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Help to buy new MP3/MP4 please!! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Is It Really Worth 'Upgrading' Sennheiser HD 580/600/650 Cables? 5 minutes ago
- › introduction + need a recommendation 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2