I wanted to hear some feedback about them and was wondering if anyone was planning on buying as soon as they're available. Just so I know to expect a review.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (< $800) IEMs, custom or universal with clarity of ER4 and bass of ASG-1? Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Compare Westone um2 and Bose ie2 Last post on 9/18/12 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have covered Tube Amp’s portable amps in the past (here and here). While the company is called ‘Tube Amp’, they don’t limit themselves to only tube amp, but also discrete amp. The LF-15 however...
So, first off, I must say that for 200 dollars (or 170, in my case, for a unit that was previously a store-display model), you CANNOT go wrong with this superb little DAP. The soundstage and...
I bought a pair of these for a real steal (used, for 70 bucks, on Amazon) earlier this month and I am LOVING them more than almost any other purchase I've made in my life. They sound amazing. ....
This is my second round with these "holy grail" of headphones. First time around I was just laughing at it's meager power capability. The sound was good, but not mind blowing. Zero sub bass...
First of all, I’d like to thank iBasso for sending me a review sample of the D14. iBasso have really established themselves as a big name in portable audio devices and after reviewing both their...
Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?post #1 of 510/24/10 at 9:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/24/10 at 4:11pm
I was - joined this forum to do some research on them and others. Now I think the ES5's are the way to go based on reviews.
Of course they are twice the price but I use UM2's now and cannot get a good enough sound out of them to keep both in.
$399 is hard to ignore thoughpost #3 of 510/25/10 at 9:01amThread Starter
I guess in the long run it'd be better to get my last pair of IEM's as my first and get some nice expensive ones.. but then again... it's a lot of money. and most people will buy entry levels or top of the line... don't see many people buying mid level. The most id think of spending as a first set of IEM's would be like 750 or so. For 750 I think I can get the sensaphonic 2max's (that my favorite band killswitch engage uses live!) but I'd buy the version of the 2max's that are made more for cable use because apparently the 2max's are optimized for use with wireless systems.post #4 of 511/23/10 at 6:02pm
The Sensaphonics 2X-S ($750) and 2MAX ($850) have identical sound signatures. They are essentially dfferentiated by their sensitivity.
In touring sound, artists expressed a need for more sensitivity when using wireless monitor systems, so Sensaphonics developed the 2MAX in response. That's what they mean by"optimized for use with wireless systems."
The relevance to home/portable audiophile listening is a question of your sound source and listening habits.post #5 of 51/19/11 at 7:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Hugo 40 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 2 minutes ago
- › Fitear f111 vs 334 3 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 3 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 4 minutes ago
- › Daphile: A New Thread Title Appears! 4 minutes ago
- › Windows 10 Schiit MODI Drivers? 4 minutes ago
- › Having trouble choosing between a few different close-back phones... 4 minutes ago
- › Tube Amp LF-15 by ClieOS
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by goodyfresh
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-80 by goodyfresh
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by snellemin
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by lin0003
- › Bette 10MM 1+1 Hybrid Wood Black by BloodyPenguin
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by sk2290
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by wrathzombie
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3