I wanted to hear some feedback about them and was wondering if anyone was planning on buying as soon as they're available. Just so I know to expect a review.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (< $800) IEMs, custom or universal with clarity of ER4 and bass of ASG-1? Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Compare Westone um2 and Bose ie2 Last post on 9/18/12 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Shozy reached out to me and offered me a free set (just paid shipping+handling) in exchange for my review, and I gladly accepted. Many thanks to Shozy for this opportunity. Even though Shozy...
Introduction A wise man once said that in summit-fi, there are no weaknesses, only preferences. He must work in marketing. I’ve been in the head-fi game since 2012, still a relative newbie, and...
I would like to Thank FiiO for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer link: http://fiio.net/en/products/52, also available on amazon. * click on...
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?post #1 of 510/24/10 at 9:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/24/10 at 4:11pm
I was - joined this forum to do some research on them and others. Now I think the ES5's are the way to go based on reviews.
Of course they are twice the price but I use UM2's now and cannot get a good enough sound out of them to keep both in.
$399 is hard to ignore thoughpost #3 of 510/25/10 at 9:01amThread Starter
I guess in the long run it'd be better to get my last pair of IEM's as my first and get some nice expensive ones.. but then again... it's a lot of money. and most people will buy entry levels or top of the line... don't see many people buying mid level. The most id think of spending as a first set of IEM's would be like 750 or so. For 750 I think I can get the sensaphonic 2max's (that my favorite band killswitch engage uses live!) but I'd buy the version of the 2max's that are made more for cable use because apparently the 2max's are optimized for use with wireless systems.post #4 of 511/23/10 at 6:02pm
The Sensaphonics 2X-S ($750) and 2MAX ($850) have identical sound signatures. They are essentially dfferentiated by their sensitivity.
In touring sound, artists expressed a need for more sensitivity when using wireless monitor systems, so Sensaphonics developed the 2MAX in response. That's what they mean by"optimized for use with wireless systems."
The relevance to home/portable audiophile listening is a question of your sound source and listening habits.post #5 of 51/19/11 at 7:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › New to higher end audio and new to this forum - Any advice on my... 29 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › ZMF Vibro MKII 2 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser invites you to HIGH END 2016 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 7 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse