I wanted to hear some feedback about them and was wondering if anyone was planning on buying as soon as they're available. Just so I know to expect a review.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (< $800) IEMs, custom or universal with clarity of ER4 and bass of ASG-1? Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Compare Westone um2 and Bose ie2 Last post on 9/18/12 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?post #1 of 510/24/10 at 9:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/24/10 at 4:11pm
I was - joined this forum to do some research on them and others. Now I think the ES5's are the way to go based on reviews.
Of course they are twice the price but I use UM2's now and cannot get a good enough sound out of them to keep both in.
$399 is hard to ignore thoughpost #3 of 510/25/10 at 9:01amThread Starter
I guess in the long run it'd be better to get my last pair of IEM's as my first and get some nice expensive ones.. but then again... it's a lot of money. and most people will buy entry levels or top of the line... don't see many people buying mid level. The most id think of spending as a first set of IEM's would be like 750 or so. For 750 I think I can get the sensaphonic 2max's (that my favorite band killswitch engage uses live!) but I'd buy the version of the 2max's that are made more for cable use because apparently the 2max's are optimized for use with wireless systems.post #4 of 511/23/10 at 6:02pm
The Sensaphonics 2X-S ($750) and 2MAX ($850) have identical sound signatures. They are essentially dfferentiated by their sensitivity.
In touring sound, artists expressed a need for more sensitivity when using wireless monitor systems, so Sensaphonics developed the 2MAX in response. That's what they mean by"optimized for use with wireless systems."
The relevance to home/portable audiophile listening is a question of your sound source and listening habits.post #5 of 51/19/11 at 7:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 50 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 53 seconds ago
- › FS: Logitech Harmony Elite - Like New - $220 shipped 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 minutes ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear