I wanted to hear some feedback about them and was wondering if anyone was planning on buying as soon as they're available. Just so I know to expect a review.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (< $800) IEMs, custom or universal with clarity of ER4 and bass of ASG-1? Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Compare Westone um2 and Bose ie2 Last post on 9/18/12 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was - joined this forum to do some research on them and others. Now I think the ES5's are the way to go based on reviews.
Of course they are twice the price but I use UM2's now and cannot get a good enough sound out of them to keep both in.
$399 is hard to ignore though
I guess in the long run it'd be better to get my last pair of IEM's as my first and get some nice expensive ones.. but then again... it's a lot of money. and most people will buy entry levels or top of the line... don't see many people buying mid level. The most id think of spending as a first set of IEM's would be like 750 or so. For 750 I think I can get the sensaphonic 2max's (that my favorite band killswitch engage uses live!) but I'd buy the version of the 2max's that are made more for cable use because apparently the 2max's are optimized for use with wireless systems.
The Sensaphonics 2X-S ($750) and 2MAX ($850) have identical sound signatures. They are essentially dfferentiated by their sensitivity.
In touring sound, artists expressed a need for more sensitivity when using wireless monitor systems, so Sensaphonics developed the 2MAX in response. That's what they mean by"optimized for use with wireless systems."
The relevance to home/portable audiophile listening is a question of your sound source and listening habits.
- Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › LG G3 as a portable source? 12 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 22 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 4 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Perfect Wave DAC Owner Unite 5 minutes ago
- › Burn in 5 minutes ago
- › Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)