I wanted to hear some feedback about them and was wondering if anyone was planning on buying as soon as they're available. Just so I know to expect a review.
Related Forum Threads
- Westone 4 or save for Westone ES 5 ?? Last post on 3/3/11 at 9:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Any classical musicians or regular classical concertgoers here using IEMs? Last post on 12/4/12 at 11:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- (< $800) IEMs, custom or universal with clarity of ER4 and bass of ASG-1? Last post on 11/7/12 at 4:44pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which three IEM's covers it all? Last post on 5/1/14 at 1:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Compare Westone um2 and Bose ie2 Last post on 9/18/12 at 10:21am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?post #1 of 510/24/10 at 9:40amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 510/24/10 at 4:11pm
I was - joined this forum to do some research on them and others. Now I think the ES5's are the way to go based on reviews.
Of course they are twice the price but I use UM2's now and cannot get a good enough sound out of them to keep both in.
$399 is hard to ignore thoughpost #3 of 510/25/10 at 9:01amThread Starter
I guess in the long run it'd be better to get my last pair of IEM's as my first and get some nice expensive ones.. but then again... it's a lot of money. and most people will buy entry levels or top of the line... don't see many people buying mid level. The most id think of spending as a first set of IEM's would be like 750 or so. For 750 I think I can get the sensaphonic 2max's (that my favorite band killswitch engage uses live!) but I'd buy the version of the 2max's that are made more for cable use because apparently the 2max's are optimized for use with wireless systems.post #4 of 511/23/10 at 6:02pm
The Sensaphonics 2X-S ($750) and 2MAX ($850) have identical sound signatures. They are essentially dfferentiated by their sensitivity.
In touring sound, artists expressed a need for more sensitivity when using wireless monitor systems, so Sensaphonics developed the 2MAX in response. That's what they mean by"optimized for use with wireless systems."
The relevance to home/portable audiophile listening is a question of your sound source and listening habits.post #5 of 51/19/11 at 7:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Anyone planning on ordering a pair of Westone AC2's right when they're available?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society 15 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2.2 Bamboo w/ Fazor (made this summer, just like new) 25 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Unique Melody Merlin - hybrid dynamic/balanced armature... 4 minutes ago
- › DAC recommendations under 10,000 bucks 5 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 5 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)