Right now I may prefer the LCD-2 Rev 1 (its the one I have) over the Omega 2 MK2, but not over the MK1. I can't certify this without some back to back tests. The soundstage on the Omega 2 (both versions) is better
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 10/25/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/25/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 10/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 10/12/15 at 6:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/23/14 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lets make the HD650 sound like the LCD-2? Last post on 1/4/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Cavalli Audio will not sell the Liquid Carbon headphone amp anymore, with the second and final run ending a month ago, but I hope the following is useful to those looking to pick one up on the used...
My comparison review of Stax Omega 2 mk2, LCD-2, HD650, and M50 - Page 6post #76 of 8612/15/11 at 4:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8612/15/11 at 5:57pm
Would that be the only thing that trumps the LCD's?Quote:post #78 of 8612/16/11 at 5:31am
Are you referring to soundstage as being the only aspect about the Omegas that trumps the LCD2? Or are you referring to the Omega 2 as being the only headphone to trump the LCD2?
For both answers, I say no.
The soundstage is not too far apart from one another. The LCD 2 are beautiful sounding, but the Omega 2 sounds more technically perfect. The notes sound as thougj they decay faster and allow for more detail to be retrieved. The tonal balance of the MK2 is not as transparent as the Mk1 due to a bump in the bass primarily. From the perspective of tonality, I favor the LCD2 over the Omega 2, but I would say that both Omega 2s are more transparent.
Regarding the second question, there are definitely a few headphones I favor over the LCD2 but certainly not for the price. Again, I have only heard the Rev 1 version. I am doubtful that I will be purchasing the rev 2 as the LCD3 is now available.post #79 of 8612/16/11 at 10:32am
that sounds about right. I think the Omega might not have much more soundstage size, but it feels more spacious because of the lighter, airier sound and better imaging. Imaging is the most important thing for soundstage IMO.post #80 of 8612/16/11 at 11:01am
Ah ok thanks for the info. So the omega and omega2 both sound more technical. So they sound similar but more transparent than the lcds. Im assuming thats with proper amping? But for the price the lcds are a steal than...hmmmpost #81 of 8612/16/11 at 2:28pmQuote:
Yes the Omega 2s are know perform drastically better when amped well. The LCD 2 is a bargain by comparison. The LCD 2 resemble certain aspects of electrostatic sound. I dont think there is anywhere near a unanimous opinion on whether the LCD 2 is bested by the SR007. It's certainly not obvious to many who have spent a lot of time with both properly amped.
FYI: the SR007 mk1 & mk2 are both known as the Omega 2. The Omega headphone without the designation of #2 refers to an earlier, rarer, and generally perceived better headphone than the Omega 2.post #82 of 8612/17/11 at 4:09amQuote:
Are you assuming you will prefer the LCD3 over the rev 2? There seems to be a divergence of opinion as to whether it's a real improvement.
(I have neither, only the rev 1)post #83 of 8612/17/11 at 9:05ampost #84 of 8612/17/11 at 9:16am
If it's not an improvement, Audez'e may be in trouble.
I have a feeling it is a noticeable improvement though
Also, just for conversation
The SR009 is to me, an extraordinary improvement over both editions of the SR007 (Omega 2)post #85 of 8612/17/11 at 9:51amQuote:
Tyll's measurement suite made the the the 2 and 3 look almost identical but purrin's CSDs shows where the extra cash for the 3 goes...post #86 of 8612/17/11 at 5:16pmQuote:
Well, I didn't get their names and addresses, but there have been a few posts where people have stated a preference for the 2 over the 3.
- My comparison review of Stax Omega 2 mk2, LCD-2, HD650, and M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Best headphones in terms of sound quality for use with a fiio x or... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 2 minutes ago
- › Apple EarPods Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 3 minutes ago
- › Help *hearing impaired* choosing headphones that won't die on me 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 4 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 8 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 9 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Trinity Delta V2 - Dual Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...