Right now I may prefer the LCD-2 Rev 1 (its the one I have) over the Omega 2 MK2, but not over the MK1. I can't certify this without some back to back tests. The soundstage on the Omega 2 (both versions) is better
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 10/25/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 10/25/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 10/25/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 10/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Love my HD600's, would a HE-400 be a sideways upgrade? Do I need to move to HE-500? Last post on 9/1/12 at 11:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphone under 300 dollars Last post on 8/14/12 at 6:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 sound, less weight? Last post on 3/5/12 at 10:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Today at 4:35 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Lets make the HD650 sound like the LCD-2? Last post on 1/4/14 at 3:37am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
My comparison review of Stax Omega 2 mk2, LCD-2, HD650, and M50 - Page 6post #76 of 8612/15/11 at 4:27pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #77 of 8612/15/11 at 5:57pm
Would that be the only thing that trumps the LCD's?Quote:post #78 of 8612/16/11 at 5:31am
Are you referring to soundstage as being the only aspect about the Omegas that trumps the LCD2? Or are you referring to the Omega 2 as being the only headphone to trump the LCD2?
For both answers, I say no.
The soundstage is not too far apart from one another. The LCD 2 are beautiful sounding, but the Omega 2 sounds more technically perfect. The notes sound as thougj they decay faster and allow for more detail to be retrieved. The tonal balance of the MK2 is not as transparent as the Mk1 due to a bump in the bass primarily. From the perspective of tonality, I favor the LCD2 over the Omega 2, but I would say that both Omega 2s are more transparent.
Regarding the second question, there are definitely a few headphones I favor over the LCD2 but certainly not for the price. Again, I have only heard the Rev 1 version. I am doubtful that I will be purchasing the rev 2 as the LCD3 is now available.post #79 of 8612/16/11 at 10:32am
that sounds about right. I think the Omega might not have much more soundstage size, but it feels more spacious because of the lighter, airier sound and better imaging. Imaging is the most important thing for soundstage IMO.post #80 of 8612/16/11 at 11:01am
Ah ok thanks for the info. So the omega and omega2 both sound more technical. So they sound similar but more transparent than the lcds. Im assuming thats with proper amping? But for the price the lcds are a steal than...hmmmpost #81 of 8612/16/11 at 2:28pmQuote:
Yes the Omega 2s are know perform drastically better when amped well. The LCD 2 is a bargain by comparison. The LCD 2 resemble certain aspects of electrostatic sound. I dont think there is anywhere near a unanimous opinion on whether the LCD 2 is bested by the SR007. It's certainly not obvious to many who have spent a lot of time with both properly amped.
FYI: the SR007 mk1 & mk2 are both known as the Omega 2. The Omega headphone without the designation of #2 refers to an earlier, rarer, and generally perceived better headphone than the Omega 2.post #82 of 8612/17/11 at 4:09amQuote:
Are you assuming you will prefer the LCD3 over the rev 2? There seems to be a divergence of opinion as to whether it's a real improvement.
(I have neither, only the rev 1)post #83 of 8612/17/11 at 9:05ampost #84 of 8612/17/11 at 9:16am
If it's not an improvement, Audez'e may be in trouble.
I have a feeling it is a noticeable improvement though
Also, just for conversation
The SR009 is to me, an extraordinary improvement over both editions of the SR007 (Omega 2)post #85 of 8612/17/11 at 9:51amQuote:
Tyll's measurement suite made the the the 2 and 3 look almost identical but purrin's CSDs shows where the extra cash for the 3 goes...post #86 of 8612/17/11 at 5:16pmQuote:
Well, I didn't get their names and addresses, but there have been a few posts where people have stated a preference for the 2 over the 3.
- My comparison review of Stax Omega 2 mk2, LCD-2, HD650, and M50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sennheiser IE800 *Like New* 12 seconds ago
- › Dt990pro 250 are there any phones really better 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Noble Audio Cable Review - Unbeatable - The Pinnacle of C/IEM... 4 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 4 minutes ago
- › tube amp for headphones and speakers for under 200$ 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 5 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 8 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x 8 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)