I am looking to buy new IEM for over 2 years now, but I never got around to do it. The variety of IEM seems to increase very quickly and that's why I decided to get one before it's even harder to get an overview over the market. Even though I spent quite a time on this great forum, I couldn't find the perfect choice myself yet and now I hoping for some input from you
I'm using the Koss The Plug for years now, and I really want to get something better now. In my eyes they are missing a lot of details and it's always taking too much time to put them on correctly.
- I'm going to use them with my Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player and I'm listening mainly to HipHop and RnB, with a little Jazz, Classic and Rock thrown in.
- I certainly am a fan of a nice, deep and punchy bass - this is the only reason why I didn't bought the RE0 already.
- I really like having a big sound stage and wondering if a certain noise came from the music or from my enviroment.
- The new earphones should be small and shouldnt stick out of the ear too much - sometimes I use them in bed and I want to be able to put my ear with the phones on the pillow. (This is the reason why I decided against the Fischer Eterna). The Koss were ok here. Also, my ear canals are quite small (I think), since even the smallest tips from my Koss phones were too big and I had to reduce their size. I tried once the Sennheiser CX300 from a friend and I liked the size of them and the nature of the tips (flanges?). I don't want to have foam tips like the Koss ones ever again.
- I want to be able to get the phones quickly and easy in and out of my ear. Isolation is not that important to me, I don't mind if the isolation is not the best as long as I can get them quickly in my ear.
- The new phones should be durable - I want to be able to use them for several years
- I was planning to spend around 100 USD / 70 € on the new phones
So far, I narrowed down my list to this:
- Logitech UE 700 (too neutral?, 70 €)
- Etymotic MC5 (too neutral?, 70 €)
- Phonak Audeo Perfect Bass PFE 010 (90 €, build quality?)
- Klipsch Image S4 (60 €, build quality?)
- Xears TD 100 (45 €)
- Hippo VB (where can I get it (from Germany)?)
Any ideas which I should get? Or other suggestions?
Edited by SPACESHIP - 10/24/10 at 5:23am