Stax 404, SRD-7 MK II (with pro outputs) and Gama Pro, Grado amp ...clearing out my little-used stuff!
Will Ship To: Planet Earth
Clearing out some of my little-used Stax systems.
- Mint pair of Stax 404 Signature. Very light usage in 2nd system, as I have vintage Omegas Lambda’s and Omega MkII that I use most of the time. Pads are like-new and I have factory box. Priced to sell fast @ 390 US. Shipping is $19.95 + $7 insurance to anywhere in North America.
- Stax SRD-7 Mk II (yes, the one with the pro 5-pin outputs, as well as the 6-pin outputs). Hard to find and rarely comes up for sale. If you’ve got a good amp, this is the driver unit that will get you electrostatic bliss, without spending over 1K on a new driver unit. Taking best offer, low-ballers will be politely ignored; I know the value of this and it took me 6 months on the used market to find it. It is in remarkable condition, a solid 7.5-8/10 on the Audiogon scale, for age only; brushed faceplate and case are all scratch-free, so make your offer accordingly.
- Stax SR-Gamma. Another hard-to-find classic, and a perfect match to the above SRD-7 MK II. Has “Pro” 5-pin connector. Leather pads are in great shape, and these Stax really defy their age. Sound wonderful and are a much lighter and less cumbersome than the larger Lamdas or Omegas. Would even work as portable cans (not sure how the portable Stax drivers would work, but these seem more efficient than my Lambdas and much more so than the Omegas. $235, first offered to the buyer of the SRD-7, as I would prefer to sell as pair.
- Grado RA-1 Amp (battery powered edition). Not mint by any means, as it was well used in my earlier “Grado fettish” days. Case is a bit marked up and I had to replace the rubber feet with deadening rubber in one corner (can’t see when amp is standing). Sounded great with my old R1’s and although a simple design, it seems to be a great match for anything Grado. First $145 takes it. Shipping is $14.95 to anywhere in North America.
- PS Audio GCHA headphone amp. hardly used, as I have mostly electrostatic equipment. Very nice condition with no noticeable scratches or imperfections. Priced to sell faaaassst @ $395! Built like a tank and able to drive any headphone. Has USB input also.
This beast is heavy so expect shipping to be about $35-45ish. Local pickup in Thonhill, Ontario possible. Buyer pays paypal fees.
I don’t trade much on Headfi, but am well-known at Audiogon, where I have bought and sold over 150K in high-end gear. (same user name: lornecherry).
Buyer pays Paypal fees (to confirmed addresses). International OK, but will give North American buyers first choice, as I would prefer not to ship overseas, unless to someone with 200+ posts and a solid trading record. No scams, shams or Shamwow low-ballers please …I priced this stuff fair to sell fast. - Lorne
Edited by Lornecherry - 10/23/10 at 5:39pm