Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $2000 Setup. Help me complete it! Last post on 8/19/12 at 10:36am in Computer Audio
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- People using the Audio-gd NFB-10.2 Last post on 8/8/12 at 9:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD NFB 12.1 driver prevents windows from sleep/shut down? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Dedicated Source Components
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
I have a pair of EarTech Music Quads that I felt were worthy of a better cable. In particular I was hoping an aftermarket, high end cable would bring some missing "air" and resolution, more...
Audio-gd NFB-10 - Page 4post #46 of 285310/26/10 at 5:11am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #47 of 285310/26/10 at 6:35ampost #48 of 285310/26/10 at 6:55am
It will be nice if Kingwa can license Wavelength's USB firmware for asynchronous USB protocol and start using those TAS1020B USB receivers. That will give him a very serious edge in the competition as that's where the trend is going to be for the next couple of years.post #49 of 285310/26/10 at 1:38pm
That would indeed be awesome... It would be expensive though, as currently the cheapest solution that uses it is a cool 500 dollars. And it´s just a pretty cheap cable. Kingwa would combine expensive hardware with expensive software. Maybe for the next reference series or a DI on steroids? Personally I think it´s just a matter of time until some firm does an async USB receiver similar to the Tenor chip - similar as in mass produced and fairly cheap. USB audio is still such a new enterprise things will evolve at a fast speed.post #50 of 285310/26/10 at 2:42pmQuote:
Agreed, but I highly doubt he would go for it. He wants to discontinue the Ref-X series of DACs because the chips will cost more to buy. If he isn't willing to charge $200 or $300 more for a Ref-7 because of the DAC chips, the chances of him paying that kind of money to license software from Rankin for a USB interface are slim to none.
Remember, he didn't include HDCD in the DSP-1 module because he said it would cost tens of thousands of dollars. The amount of HDCD content out there is not overwhelming, so I understand that decision because it would have added a lot of money to the price of the DAC and there probably wasn't a big enough demand for it. But Asynchronous USB is something that the majority of people who use USB would love to have and would probably pay a nice premium for it.
Edited by IPodPJ - 10/26/10 at 2:49pmpost #51 of 285310/26/10 at 7:47pm
This all-in-one unit looks tempting but it is missing two features that I would like to see in an all-in-one unit: at least one set of selectable analog inputs such as on the FUN, and also a Remote for volume control such as on their P-2 Preamplifier. Maybe call it the FUNNER.post #52 of 285310/27/10 at 1:40amQuote:Originally Posted by runswithaliens
This all-in-one unit looks tempting but it is missing two features that I would like to see in an all-in-one unit: at least one set of selectable analog inputs such as on the FUN, and also a Remote for volume control such as on their P-2 Preamplifier. Maybe call it the FUNNER.
I agree with that! For the past few months I've been looking for an Audio-GD solution that provides me a DAC and Preamp and preferably with a remote for volume. The Kingwa told me that the P-2 has been discontinued. This means that all rc options will end up way beyond $1k.
The FUN comes closest to my functional specs. But I would love to take it one step further in terms of audio quality (something like a NFB-2 + P-2 or DSP-19 + P-2).
For now the NFB-10 seems to be all that, and perhaps even better in terms of sound quality. Only the remote and analog inputs are missing. The remote seems to be an easy add-on since the volume is already relay controlled.
Lets see how this sage develops......
post #53 of 285310/27/10 at 1:43am
There is one thing that intrigues me about the NFB-10: its relay based volume control in combination with balanced output. This is a killer combo when it comes to professional usage. It provides perfectly matched balance and it would allow exact reference levels to be used. Both critical items when it comes to a mastering setup.
This might even satisfy my dream to own a Cranesong Avocet one day!
Edited by middachten - 10/27/10 at 1:46ampost #54 of 285310/27/10 at 4:38pmpost #55 of 285310/27/10 at 8:51pmpost #56 of 285310/28/10 at 5:48am
A big thanks to the members for their individual consult via PMs in helping me decide on the NFB-10. I have been going back and forth, and back and forth again between the NFB-11 and NFB-10 and finally decided on the 10s. I know it's not the most accurate method, but after hearing how great my Denons sound balanced with other audio-gd gear, I just had to give it a shot. I joined this hobby and forum a few months ago, and the phrase is true, "welcome to headfi, sorry for your wallet"! Joking aside, because hifi audio is such an enthusiast niche market, headfi has been essential and a valuable resource in helping me make my purchasing decisions - I haven't regretted one purchase yet!
Just so this post isn't just about me and has some contribution....during my correspondence with kingwa, he mentioned that a dual WM8741 can be substituted for the Sabre32 with the NFB-10 design for those wanting a more musical flavor. I think this info was already alluded here by kingwa, but just wanted to share anyway.
Edited by BoyNamedSue - 10/28/10 at 5:52ampost #57 of 285310/28/10 at 1:15pm
I don´t think you´ll be disappointed with that decision. The NFB-11 and 10 are in different leagues, one is more like a super Sparrow (mini DAC for laptops and casual usage), the other is a real entry level high end headphone rig. The value, especially with the -10% off, is really off the charts. When it comes to balanced rigs, which are currently considered the "system to have", this is actually the first time such a rig can be purchased at an affordable price.post #58 of 285310/28/10 at 4:01pmQuote:
Audio-GD is expert in power supply isolation and it shouldn´t be a problem. Plus, the relay volume control may make it even easier. I´m not sure. I bet Kingwa can implement a remote control with no impact on performance and no major cost increment!post #59 of 285310/28/10 at 4:04pm
- Audio-gd NFB-10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 20 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 21 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 23 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread 47 seconds ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear