does it matter what volume i have it at the nfb and what volume i keep in windows? like should i set my windows level high and amp level low or the other way around?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $2000 Setup. Help me complete it! Last post on 8/19/12 at 10:36am in Computer Audio
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- People using the Audio-gd NFB-10.2 Last post on 8/8/12 at 9:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD NFB 12.1 driver prevents windows from sleep/shut down? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Dedicated Source Components
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
1. Introduction The Prophile-8, a 8 balanced armature in-ear monitor, is the new flagship from well-established German brand In-ear. So far the brand had an offering going from 2 to 4 driver...
Video Review It's not unusual to find a headphone or IEM manufacturer to branch out into making their own amps, and then their own cables, but Ken Ball is one of two people who have gone in...
Warm, good sounding player with no harshness. Spacious and natural sound. Easy to listen for long time without any fatigue. Fiio x5 II sounds more neutral and analytical with harshness on upper...
Introduction: I love music and I love good quality sound and this is my hobby. I prefer to find the best portable setups available as I do not like to be stationary. I do not want to be...
INTRO:- When Brainwavz decides to Launch earphones they don’t release one at a time, they like to launch 2-5 earphones in a short period of time. First the M100, first of its kind or say...
Audio-gd NFB-10 - Page 169
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2522 of 28534/19/13 at 3:43ampost #2523 of 28534/22/13 at 10:12pmpost #2524 of 28535/21/13 at 8:26am
I am facing a problem with my NFB10SE.
Recently i found that after i turn on the unit i have to wait for min 20mins to get the blinking blue screen.
Anyone facing this issue? What is the problem?post #2525 of 28535/22/13 at 8:12amQuote:
It does affect the sound signature for sure. I found it to provide a more musical, slightly less harsh/digital sound over the older Tenor USB implementations when I installed it in my older NFB-10WM. However, some might not find the difference to be that significant. It really is only something you can judge for yourself. Then again, if looking to experiment with/upgrade your DAC, the USB-32 module is not the most expensive option route out there. And if all else fails, it should end up making your DAC a bit more future proof due to supported bit rate/depthpost #2526 of 28535/27/13 at 9:03pmHello all! I'm interested in the NFB-10 as a pre amp for my living room. Can anyone clarify what happens to the sound when you press a volume button? Is there a momentary drop-out , a click, or other nasty? Also what does the display show? Anything apart from IHH200 whatever that means!?
Thanks.post #2527 of 28535/27/13 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by growers
Hello all! I'm interested in the NFB-10 as a pre amp for my living room. Can anyone clarify what happens to the sound when you press a volume button? Is there a momentary drop-out , a click, or other nasty? Also what does the display show? Anything apart from IHH200 whatever that means!?
The volume either increases or decreases. There's no drop-out.post #2528 of 28535/28/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Thanks that's good to know. How does the Gain button work? Is it either silent --> 0dB or silent+12dB --> +12dB depending on the state of the button? Anyone have experience of this in practice when directly driving a power amp?post #2529 of 28536/6/13 at 7:23pmpost #2530 of 28536/15/13 at 7:58pmpost #2531 of 28537/2/13 at 8:42pm
I've got a NFB-10SE running with hd650/he400s and looking to upgrade. Any ideas? Thinking of using the nfb as a preamp and buying another amp? Or how much around would i need to spend on a new dac/amp to get a improvement over it.
Cheerspost #2532 of 28537/2/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
I know this was posted awhile ago, but I think the Q701 would go very very well with the NFB-10. Having a balanced operation would really open up the sound and show that headphone's potential. I'm not too sure what you mean by "alternative solutions" :/Quote:
The NFB-10 has a really great DAC in it. Not to mention the fact that it's balanced means it's a killer unit as a stand alone DAC. I would tell you to aim for a Mjolnir or Bryston-BHA-1 to really see a big improvement in sound. But, as you can see you are kind of jumping up into a higher tier of audio.post #2533 of 28537/5/13 at 1:28am
Yeah probably not prepared to take that leap yet. Also just a quick question. Atm i'm running it off usb, is there any advantage/disadvantage of using optical instead running it into my forte soundcard?
Cheerspost #2534 of 28537/9/13 at 6:03ampost #2535 of 28537/9/13 at 6:54am
I just see it simply as an ES9018 version of the NFB-10.32.
Or an NFB-1.32 with HPA section integrated (balanced and unbalanced) and less toslink/coax inputs.
They gave me an email reply saying the 1.32 and 10ES2 DAC output sounds pretty much the same, so I'm quite tempted.
Edited by zenki14 - 7/9/13 at 6:57am
- Audio-gd NFB-10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Noble Savant. 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) 4 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-A4BL (the A4 with balanced output) 7 minutes ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet - 1-28 7 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20pro DAC (ES9028Pro) 7 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by subguy812
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by suman134
- › Fostex TH 900 by Scott Branham
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear