does it matter what volume i have it at the nfb and what volume i keep in windows? like should i set my windows level high and amp level low or the other way around?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- $2000 Setup. Help me complete it! Last post on 8/19/12 at 10:36am in Computer Audio
- <$600 AMP/DAC for the Sennheiser HD800's Last post on 12/5/12 at 11:59am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- People using the Audio-gd NFB-10.2 Last post on 8/8/12 at 9:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Audio-GD NFB 12.1 driver prevents windows from sleep/shut down? Last post on 7/23/12 at 10:31am in Dedicated Source Components
- audio interface or DAC Last post on 7/11/12 at 10:46am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Audio-gd NFB-10 - Page 169
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2522 of 28534/19/13 at 3:43ampost #2523 of 28534/22/13 at 10:12pmpost #2524 of 28535/21/13 at 8:26am
I am facing a problem with my NFB10SE.
Recently i found that after i turn on the unit i have to wait for min 20mins to get the blinking blue screen.
Anyone facing this issue? What is the problem?post #2525 of 28535/22/13 at 8:12amQuote:
It does affect the sound signature for sure. I found it to provide a more musical, slightly less harsh/digital sound over the older Tenor USB implementations when I installed it in my older NFB-10WM. However, some might not find the difference to be that significant. It really is only something you can judge for yourself. Then again, if looking to experiment with/upgrade your DAC, the USB-32 module is not the most expensive option route out there. And if all else fails, it should end up making your DAC a bit more future proof due to supported bit rate/depthpost #2526 of 28535/27/13 at 9:03pmHello all! I'm interested in the NFB-10 as a pre amp for my living room. Can anyone clarify what happens to the sound when you press a volume button? Is there a momentary drop-out , a click, or other nasty? Also what does the display show? Anything apart from IHH200 whatever that means!?
Thanks.post #2527 of 28535/27/13 at 9:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by growers
Hello all! I'm interested in the NFB-10 as a pre amp for my living room. Can anyone clarify what happens to the sound when you press a volume button? Is there a momentary drop-out , a click, or other nasty? Also what does the display show? Anything apart from IHH200 whatever that means!?
The volume either increases or decreases. There's no drop-out.post #2528 of 28535/28/13 at 2:01pmQuote:
Thanks that's good to know. How does the Gain button work? Is it either silent --> 0dB or silent+12dB --> +12dB depending on the state of the button? Anyone have experience of this in practice when directly driving a power amp?post #2529 of 28536/6/13 at 7:23pmpost #2530 of 28536/15/13 at 7:58pmpost #2531 of 28537/2/13 at 8:42pm
I've got a NFB-10SE running with hd650/he400s and looking to upgrade. Any ideas? Thinking of using the nfb as a preamp and buying another amp? Or how much around would i need to spend on a new dac/amp to get a improvement over it.
Cheerspost #2532 of 28537/2/13 at 9:04pmQuote:
I know this was posted awhile ago, but I think the Q701 would go very very well with the NFB-10. Having a balanced operation would really open up the sound and show that headphone's potential. I'm not too sure what you mean by "alternative solutions" :/Quote:
The NFB-10 has a really great DAC in it. Not to mention the fact that it's balanced means it's a killer unit as a stand alone DAC. I would tell you to aim for a Mjolnir or Bryston-BHA-1 to really see a big improvement in sound. But, as you can see you are kind of jumping up into a higher tier of audio.post #2533 of 28537/5/13 at 1:28am
Yeah probably not prepared to take that leap yet. Also just a quick question. Atm i'm running it off usb, is there any advantage/disadvantage of using optical instead running it into my forte soundcard?
Cheerspost #2534 of 28537/9/13 at 6:03ampost #2535 of 28537/9/13 at 6:54am
I just see it simply as an ES9018 version of the NFB-10.32.
Or an NFB-1.32 with HPA section integrated (balanced and unbalanced) and less toslink/coax inputs.
They gave me an email reply saying the 1.32 and 10ES2 DAC output sounds pretty much the same, so I'm quite tempted.
Edited by zenki14 - 7/9/13 at 6:57am
- Audio-gd NFB-10
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › Open-back Headphones Recommendations - Beyer T90? 2 minutes ago
- › EMU 0404 USB - really the best? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear