I recently purchased some Audio Technica ANC25 noise cancelling headphones. They can be had for less than $40. I think they would work well for your situation.
Related Forum Threads
- Bassbuds 2012 : have you heard of them? Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yup... Another one of These threads. Last post on 7/15/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good in ear noise cancelling Ear Buds Last post on 6/6/11 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new portable audio equipment suggestions Last post on 7/30/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones? Last post on 7/18/10 at 12:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child - Page 2
might not have the best noise cancelling hardware, but noise cancelling is better than no noise cancelling
I ordered the ANC25 and also the pretty highly regarded AT ANC7b. The NC was about the same on both. The ANC25 is much more portable and did not have the sound leakage issues that the ANC7b had. i wonder if Audio Technica uses the same NC circuitry for both. I think the noise canceling works pretty well for airplane noise and the sound is wonderful too after a quick modification to the foam ear pad. They are a little tight on y adult head but I think they would be very comfortable for a child. They use an on ear foam pillow type ear pad.
First of all, bless you for being a wonderful parent of a child with autism. I have seen people park their children with autism. It sounds like you are giving this boy a full life. Truly wonderful stuff. I don't know how severe your boy's case of autism is, but are you concerned with him playing with them and pulling them out and playing with them or getting frustrated with them because they are uncomfortable?
I don't want to tell you to spend more money that you should, especially with a 6 year old that is still growing. But there is nothing more comfortable and thoughtless than custom IEMs. They fit in your ears and you never fidget with them. I have a 6 year old without autism and she plays with earphones nonstop.
I'm actually 100% serious. If you are affiliated with a charity that I can donate them to as a tax write off, I'd be happy to buy you a pair and donate them to your boy. If you happen to be loaded, well I'd rather not. But when it comes to children with challenges society needs to come together and give them the tools to be successful. PM me your contact info and lets get your boy taken care of.
It seems like people aren't really reading the posts lol. However to be truthful you might want to consider bose. I personally dislike bose, but I do have to admit that their noise canceling technology is pretty good. Their prices are pretty inflated but they are well worth it for the noise canceling feature. the QC3s get fairly uncomfortable after a while since it is an on-ear design and the QC15's are pretty comfortable. I don't know if you are worried about sound quality, but they kind of push alright sound quality. Wouldn't call it horrendous if you want me to put it nicely. I have tried both so I know these pretty well. (Audiophile point of view the Highs and mids are recessed hard core with an expression of the lows due to the active noise cancelling.) Both sets of cans have really good noise cancelling capabilities. (Not all the noise of course but a pretty good amount of it). If you want versatility so you can have your child be able to hear music without the noise canceling you might want to consider Sennheiser PXC 450s. I've only read about these but I heard they have pretty decent noise canceling abilities. These are all good choices but they run $300-350. The Senny 450s and Boses QC15s run on AAA batteries and the QC3 runs on a rechargable battery. If the rechargable battery dies the headphone doesn't really function... Keep this in mind. I believe the Sennys are able to run without batteries but the QC15s can't.
Edited by QuantumXL - 12/21/10 at 1:52pm
Sony MDR-NC60. It's what I use anyway. Ample earcup room, doesn't sweat (especially not with those levels of A/C anyway) and I would assume that your child does not have strict sound quality requirements.
Edited by 3602 - 12/21/10 at 4:35pm
- Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › [Help needed!] Westone Um pro 30 + iPhone 5 + mp3 6 minutes ago
- › Beats by Dre question, could you like them if.. 6 minutes ago
- › HD700 vs HD650 vs X1 vs AKG 701/02/12 arrrrgh! what to go for 7 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Vali/Magni + Modi combo or Audio-GD NFB-11/NFB-15 (EU... 7 minutes ago
- › Alternate cable for HE-400. 8 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 8 minutes ago
- › WTB: Schiit Vali/Magni + Modi combo or Audio-GD NFB-11/NFB-15 (EU... 9 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)