I recently purchased some Audio Technica ANC25 noise cancelling headphones. They can be had for less than $40. I think they would work well for your situation.
Related Forum Threads
- Bassbuds 2012 : have you heard of them? Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yup... Another one of These threads. Last post on 7/15/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good in ear noise cancelling Ear Buds Last post on 6/6/11 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new portable audio equipment suggestions Last post on 7/30/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones? Last post on 7/18/10 at 12:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
i bought it this buletooth headphone 1 week ago. when i received it, i found it's very weightless, i think it's about half an ounce weight. about the performace, it can play 7 hours or more, the...
Introduction – Westone separate their universal range of iems into two categories, the consumer W series and the more professionally orientated UM Pro series that were designed for use during live...
First of all, I would like to thank Dimitri Trush, CEO of the MusicaAcoustics for providing me review sample of Oriolus in exchange of my honest opinion. Oriolus’ official website:...
These are easily the best headphones I have. They are a strange set in that they have a nice flat neutral sound signature that gives great detailed mids and highs, but have great sub and mid bass,...
First of all I would like to thank the team at www.hifiheadphones.co.uk for the review sample I had the opportunity to test out and to write a bit about it. This is a good sounding music player...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
might not have the best noise cancelling hardware, but noise cancelling is better than no noise cancelling
I ordered the ANC25 and also the pretty highly regarded AT ANC7b. The NC was about the same on both. The ANC25 is much more portable and did not have the sound leakage issues that the ANC7b had. i wonder if Audio Technica uses the same NC circuitry for both. I think the noise canceling works pretty well for airplane noise and the sound is wonderful too after a quick modification to the foam ear pad. They are a little tight on y adult head but I think they would be very comfortable for a child. They use an on ear foam pillow type ear pad.
First of all, bless you for being a wonderful parent of a child with autism. I have seen people park their children with autism. It sounds like you are giving this boy a full life. Truly wonderful stuff. I don't know how severe your boy's case of autism is, but are you concerned with him playing with them and pulling them out and playing with them or getting frustrated with them because they are uncomfortable?
I don't want to tell you to spend more money that you should, especially with a 6 year old that is still growing. But there is nothing more comfortable and thoughtless than custom IEMs. They fit in your ears and you never fidget with them. I have a 6 year old without autism and she plays with earphones nonstop.
I'm actually 100% serious. If you are affiliated with a charity that I can donate them to as a tax write off, I'd be happy to buy you a pair and donate them to your boy. If you happen to be loaded, well I'd rather not. But when it comes to children with challenges society needs to come together and give them the tools to be successful. PM me your contact info and lets get your boy taken care of.
It seems like people aren't really reading the posts lol. However to be truthful you might want to consider bose. I personally dislike bose, but I do have to admit that their noise canceling technology is pretty good. Their prices are pretty inflated but they are well worth it for the noise canceling feature. the QC3s get fairly uncomfortable after a while since it is an on-ear design and the QC15's are pretty comfortable. I don't know if you are worried about sound quality, but they kind of push alright sound quality. Wouldn't call it horrendous if you want me to put it nicely. I have tried both so I know these pretty well. (Audiophile point of view the Highs and mids are recessed hard core with an expression of the lows due to the active noise cancelling.) Both sets of cans have really good noise cancelling capabilities. (Not all the noise of course but a pretty good amount of it). If you want versatility so you can have your child be able to hear music without the noise canceling you might want to consider Sennheiser PXC 450s. I've only read about these but I heard they have pretty decent noise canceling abilities. These are all good choices but they run $300-350. The Senny 450s and Boses QC15s run on AAA batteries and the QC3 runs on a rechargable battery. If the rechargable battery dies the headphone doesn't really function... Keep this in mind. I believe the Sennys are able to run without batteries but the QC15s can't.
Edited by QuantumXL - 12/21/10 at 1:52pm
Sony MDR-NC60. It's what I use anyway. Ample earcup room, doesn't sweat (especially not with those levels of A/C anyway) and I would assume that your child does not have strict sound quality requirements.
Edited by 3602 - 12/21/10 at 4:35pm
- Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child
- › MINT Audioengine D3 - DAC only, better than dragonfly :) 2 seconds ago
- › Brainstorming concepts for newly designed headphones. 5 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 41 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 54 seconds ago
- › Which one of these have the brightest trebles? 1 minute ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 1 minute ago
- › Beats headphone teardown 2 minutes ago
- › FS: HE-400i modded 2 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hunter Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Sports 4.1 Bluetooth Headset... by Shobin Wang
- › Westone Um Pro 50 Clear Earbuds by ryanjsoo
- › Oriolus In-Ear Monitors (v2) by Aerosphere
- › SoundMAGIC HP100 Premium Over-the-Ear Folding Headphone by harry501501
- › Audio-Opus Opus#1 by musicday
- › Wired 3.5MM Headphones Earphones, Ghostek® Turbine Series Wired... by Cinder
- › Cleer DU High-Definition Dual Driver Headphone by moedawg140
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by thingol
- › Effect Audio Thor Coper IEM Upgrade Cable by Vitor Valeri
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...