I recently purchased some Audio Technica ANC25 noise cancelling headphones. They can be had for less than $40. I think they would work well for your situation.
Related Forum Threads
- Bassbuds 2012 : have you heard of them? Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yup... Another one of These threads. Last post on 7/15/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good in ear noise cancelling Ear Buds Last post on 6/6/11 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new portable audio equipment suggestions Last post on 7/30/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones? Last post on 7/18/10 at 12:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Preamble: Superlux – the Chinese/Taiwanese company really doesn’t need any further instruction for anyone who is at least just a little into audio and headphones. Being in the...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child - Page 2
might not have the best noise cancelling hardware, but noise cancelling is better than no noise cancelling
I ordered the ANC25 and also the pretty highly regarded AT ANC7b. The NC was about the same on both. The ANC25 is much more portable and did not have the sound leakage issues that the ANC7b had. i wonder if Audio Technica uses the same NC circuitry for both. I think the noise canceling works pretty well for airplane noise and the sound is wonderful too after a quick modification to the foam ear pad. They are a little tight on y adult head but I think they would be very comfortable for a child. They use an on ear foam pillow type ear pad.
First of all, bless you for being a wonderful parent of a child with autism. I have seen people park their children with autism. It sounds like you are giving this boy a full life. Truly wonderful stuff. I don't know how severe your boy's case of autism is, but are you concerned with him playing with them and pulling them out and playing with them or getting frustrated with them because they are uncomfortable?
I don't want to tell you to spend more money that you should, especially with a 6 year old that is still growing. But there is nothing more comfortable and thoughtless than custom IEMs. They fit in your ears and you never fidget with them. I have a 6 year old without autism and she plays with earphones nonstop.
I'm actually 100% serious. If you are affiliated with a charity that I can donate them to as a tax write off, I'd be happy to buy you a pair and donate them to your boy. If you happen to be loaded, well I'd rather not. But when it comes to children with challenges society needs to come together and give them the tools to be successful. PM me your contact info and lets get your boy taken care of.
It seems like people aren't really reading the posts lol. However to be truthful you might want to consider bose. I personally dislike bose, but I do have to admit that their noise canceling technology is pretty good. Their prices are pretty inflated but they are well worth it for the noise canceling feature. the QC3s get fairly uncomfortable after a while since it is an on-ear design and the QC15's are pretty comfortable. I don't know if you are worried about sound quality, but they kind of push alright sound quality. Wouldn't call it horrendous if you want me to put it nicely. I have tried both so I know these pretty well. (Audiophile point of view the Highs and mids are recessed hard core with an expression of the lows due to the active noise cancelling.) Both sets of cans have really good noise cancelling capabilities. (Not all the noise of course but a pretty good amount of it). If you want versatility so you can have your child be able to hear music without the noise canceling you might want to consider Sennheiser PXC 450s. I've only read about these but I heard they have pretty decent noise canceling abilities. These are all good choices but they run $300-350. The Senny 450s and Boses QC15s run on AAA batteries and the QC3 runs on a rechargable battery. If the rechargable battery dies the headphone doesn't really function... Keep this in mind. I believe the Sennys are able to run without batteries but the QC15s can't.
Edited by QuantumXL - 12/21/10 at 1:52pm
Sony MDR-NC60. It's what I use anyway. Ample earcup room, doesn't sweat (especially not with those levels of A/C anyway) and I would assume that your child does not have strict sound quality requirements.
Edited by 3602 - 12/21/10 at 4:35pm
- Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread just now
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 20 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 22 seconds ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 59 seconds ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Can't decide, DT770 250OHM right now or K7xx in a month and a half? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 1 minute ago
- › "Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation &... 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Review tour for SOUNDAWARE 2016M1 / M1Pro(femto)... 3 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...