I recently purchased some Audio Technica ANC25 noise cancelling headphones. They can be had for less than $40. I think they would work well for your situation.
Related Forum Threads
- Bassbuds 2012 : have you heard of them? Last post on 7/30/13 at 3:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yup... Another one of These threads. Last post on 7/15/11 at 1:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for good in ear noise cancelling Ear Buds Last post on 6/6/11 at 8:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking for new portable audio equipment suggestions Last post on 7/30/10 at 8:37am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best headphones? Last post on 7/18/10 at 12:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child - Page 2
might not have the best noise cancelling hardware, but noise cancelling is better than no noise cancelling
I ordered the ANC25 and also the pretty highly regarded AT ANC7b. The NC was about the same on both. The ANC25 is much more portable and did not have the sound leakage issues that the ANC7b had. i wonder if Audio Technica uses the same NC circuitry for both. I think the noise canceling works pretty well for airplane noise and the sound is wonderful too after a quick modification to the foam ear pad. They are a little tight on y adult head but I think they would be very comfortable for a child. They use an on ear foam pillow type ear pad.
First of all, bless you for being a wonderful parent of a child with autism. I have seen people park their children with autism. It sounds like you are giving this boy a full life. Truly wonderful stuff. I don't know how severe your boy's case of autism is, but are you concerned with him playing with them and pulling them out and playing with them or getting frustrated with them because they are uncomfortable?
I don't want to tell you to spend more money that you should, especially with a 6 year old that is still growing. But there is nothing more comfortable and thoughtless than custom IEMs. They fit in your ears and you never fidget with them. I have a 6 year old without autism and she plays with earphones nonstop.
I'm actually 100% serious. If you are affiliated with a charity that I can donate them to as a tax write off, I'd be happy to buy you a pair and donate them to your boy. If you happen to be loaded, well I'd rather not. But when it comes to children with challenges society needs to come together and give them the tools to be successful. PM me your contact info and lets get your boy taken care of.
It seems like people aren't really reading the posts lol. However to be truthful you might want to consider bose. I personally dislike bose, but I do have to admit that their noise canceling technology is pretty good. Their prices are pretty inflated but they are well worth it for the noise canceling feature. the QC3s get fairly uncomfortable after a while since it is an on-ear design and the QC15's are pretty comfortable. I don't know if you are worried about sound quality, but they kind of push alright sound quality. Wouldn't call it horrendous if you want me to put it nicely. I have tried both so I know these pretty well. (Audiophile point of view the Highs and mids are recessed hard core with an expression of the lows due to the active noise cancelling.) Both sets of cans have really good noise cancelling capabilities. (Not all the noise of course but a pretty good amount of it). If you want versatility so you can have your child be able to hear music without the noise canceling you might want to consider Sennheiser PXC 450s. I've only read about these but I heard they have pretty decent noise canceling abilities. These are all good choices but they run $300-350. The Senny 450s and Boses QC15s run on AAA batteries and the QC3 runs on a rechargable battery. If the rechargable battery dies the headphone doesn't really function... Keep this in mind. I believe the Sennys are able to run without batteries but the QC15s can't.
Edited by QuantumXL - 12/21/10 at 1:52pm
Sony MDR-NC60. It's what I use anyway. Ample earcup room, doesn't sweat (especially not with those levels of A/C anyway) and I would assume that your child does not have strict sound quality requirements.
Edited by 3602 - 12/21/10 at 4:35pm
- Desperately need noise cancelling HP for child
- › Shanling M2 DAP 23 seconds ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears - Introducing "ARTHUR" , [USA & Europe... 1 minute ago
- › BeyerDynamic DT770 PRO 80/250 Ohms + AMP 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Ie800 check 3 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 4 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 4 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...