I just got the e7 e9 combo. Mainly I got this for the portable amplifier to make my headphones bump while on the bus, but oh what more I learned. I realize now that all the years I have been playing my media off of my computers that i have been amplifying crap. I have an ear for details, and right now I'm listening to some crystal clear audio coming from my laptop like i have never heard from a computer. For 200 bucks i am totally ecstatic about this product. It makes my home stereo rage, and my headphones sing. Gone are the days of amplifying microphone to rca adapters. Until someone comes out with some quality hifi computer sound output, this product is a must for anyone who wants to make there pc, laptop, or ipod the center of the entertainment. Maybe there is better stuff out there, but this sounds really ******* good to me. I'm hearing things in my music that I never knew where there. Fiio makes good stuff!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I got the L7 cable for the E7, and hooked it up to the line in on the E9 to see how it sounds undocked vs docked. Largely the same, though I do detect a hint of warmness over the more neutral sound when the E7 is docked. My guess is that the 3.5mm male/male cable I'm using adds a slight hint of warmth.
E7 docked to E9 ... or ... E7+L7 connected through 3.5mm with E9 is exactly the same (although 3.5mm cable introduces losses and/or colorisation).
Better replace E9 - it causes a lot of losses to music quality. Use L7 for connection to some new decent amp to skip unfaumous TPA6120 (the same is in E9) in E7 headphone output. High quality and shortness of this 3.5mm cable is really impotant.
Edited by borizm - 1/11/12 at 2:14pm
No loss of music quality here. Still like my E9 just by itself or with the E7. The E10 is another punchy , kicking butt for hard rock.
Anyone know what to do about the bad 3.5mm jack? So frustrating slight movement of the jack distorts the sound. I tried an adaptor for the 6.35mm jack and it also seems to have a problem to a smaller extent.
yeah, I would say the faulty 3.5mm jack is the only thing that has disappointed me with the E9 so far, I thought I was only one of the few who were unfortunate enough to have a model with this problem, as none of the reviews seem to mention it, but obviously its more widespread. However, I have found that rotating the plug clockwise once it is inside the jack until there is no noise distortion, does seem to solve the problem, even when there is a slight movement of the cord.
I was thinking the same thing for a while, and wasn't sure if the e17 would pair well with the e9 so I recently ordered the Hrt Music Streamer ii. I was worried about clipping and distortion at first but I haven't noticed any, it appears to work just fine for me at least. The higher voltage out of the Hrt msii also has given my e9 greater power in amplifying my hd650, as now the dial is turned to around 10 o'clock as opposed to 12 in low gain mode. Also I would hear a slight hiss from the e9/e7 combo which is now nonexistent. Overall I would say that the hrt msii is a nice, reasonably priced upgrade to the e7, with a noticeably larger soundstage, better instrument separation and tremble.
I am having an issue with the 1/4" jack on my E9. I first noticed that the line out of the E9 was not working but the headphone outputs work. After some debugging it became apparent that the auto-sensing of the jack seems to be broken (I can get line out to work if I fidget the jack a bit). Now the question is how good (or bad) is Fiio warranty service? If it was a huge hassle I might just try to repair it myself. Thanks.
Ok sorry for these noob questions, but I am confused. I have an Asus Xonar D1 sound card and fiio e9 amp. The instructions on the e9 are very basic so I am confused. If I wanted to have the capability of having my computer speakers and headphones hooked up at the same time how would I go about doing that? I just don't like the idea of having to fumble around and having to have one plugged in or the other. Can I run my speakers into my sound card? And have a line going to the amp? Then just plug my headphones into the amp when I wanna use them?
Do I lose volume capability through the amp for my speakers? How do I make sure I am utilizing the DAC in the sound card? Do I have to have things plugged into certain ports on the card? I also want to avoid double amping since my speakers have an amp. Thanks in advance.
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 55 seconds ago
- › Serious question: Why is the AK380 four thousand dollars? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Campfire Audio Andromeda 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 12 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...