I just got the e7 e9 combo. Mainly I got this for the portable amplifier to make my headphones bump while on the bus, but oh what more I learned. I realize now that all the years I have been playing my media off of my computers that i have been amplifying crap. I have an ear for details, and right now I'm listening to some crystal clear audio coming from my laptop like i have never heard from a computer. For 200 bucks i am totally ecstatic about this product. It makes my home stereo rage, and my headphones sing. Gone are the days of amplifying microphone to rca adapters. Until someone comes out with some quality hifi computer sound output, this product is a must for anyone who wants to make there pc, laptop, or ipod the center of the entertainment. Maybe there is better stuff out there, but this sounds really ******* good to me. I'm hearing things in my music that I never knew where there. Fiio makes good stuff!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/3/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 75112/27/11 at 4:50pmStill very impressed with my E9 though I was having distortion issues with certain songs off my DT990/600 (didn't happen when I had my DT990/600 a year ago. I have abused the hell out of this E9, so I guess it's time for a replacement. Just when I want to replace it, it's behaving itself and sounds absolutely perfect now. ARGH.post #723 of 7511/4/12 at 12:02amSo I got the L7 cable for the E7, and hooked it up to the line in on the E9 to see how it sounds undocked vs docked. Largely the same, though I do detect a hint of warmness over the more neutral sound when the E7 is docked. My guess is that the 3.5mm male/male cable I'm using adds a slight hint of warmth.post #724 of 7511/11/12 at 2:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy
So I got the L7 cable for the E7, and hooked it up to the line in on the E9 to see how it sounds undocked vs docked. Largely the same, though I do detect a hint of warmness over the more neutral sound when the E7 is docked. My guess is that the 3.5mm male/male cable I'm using adds a slight hint of warmth.
E7 docked to E9 ... or ... E7+L7 connected through 3.5mm with E9 is exactly the same (although 3.5mm cable introduces losses and/or colorisation).
Better replace E9 - it causes a lot of losses to music quality. Use L7 for connection to some new decent amp to skip unfaumous TPA6120 (the same is in E9) in E7 headphone output. High quality and shortness of this 3.5mm cable is really impotant.
Edited by borizm - 1/11/12 at 2:14pmpost #725 of 7511/12/12 at 5:33amNo need to bash the E9, I've already compared it to the Schiit Lyr, and I still prefer the E9 for most headphones. Causes a lot of losses to music quality. WTF? Just...no.post #726 of 7511/12/12 at 7:20amQuote:
No loss of music quality here. Still like my E9 just by itself or with the E7. The E10 is another punchy , kicking butt for hard rock.post #727 of 7511/12/12 at 7:23amI've been holding out on replacing the E7... it's about that time, as it's definitely my bottleneck. Would've bought the E10 or Alpen/E17, but I'm going non-Fiio for my upgrades. I love Fiio, but I just wanna try something new. XDpost #728 of 7511/29/12 at 5:54pm
Anyone know what to do about the bad 3.5mm jack? So frustrating slight movement of the jack distorts the sound. I tried an adaptor for the 6.35mm jack and it also seems to have a problem to a smaller extent.post #729 of 7511/29/12 at 7:36pmpost #730 of 7511/31/12 at 3:50pm
yeah, I would say the faulty 3.5mm jack is the only thing that has disappointed me with the E9 so far, I thought I was only one of the few who were unfortunate enough to have a model with this problem, as none of the reviews seem to mention it, but obviously its more widespread. However, I have found that rotating the plug clockwise once it is inside the jack until there is no noise distortion, does seem to solve the problem, even when there is a slight movement of the cord.post #731 of 7513/15/12 at 10:17pmQuote:
I was thinking the same thing for a while, and wasn't sure if the e17 would pair well with the e9 so I recently ordered the Hrt Music Streamer ii. I was worried about clipping and distortion at first but I haven't noticed any, it appears to work just fine for me at least. The higher voltage out of the Hrt msii also has given my e9 greater power in amplifying my hd650, as now the dial is turned to around 10 o'clock as opposed to 12 in low gain mode. Also I would hear a slight hiss from the e9/e7 combo which is now nonexistent. Overall I would say that the hrt msii is a nice, reasonably priced upgrade to the e7, with a noticeably larger soundstage, better instrument separation and tremble.post #732 of 7513/25/12 at 2:03pm
I am having an issue with the 1/4" jack on my E9. I first noticed that the line out of the E9 was not working but the headphone outputs work. After some debugging it became apparent that the auto-sensing of the jack seems to be broken (I can get line out to work if I fidget the jack a bit). Now the question is how good (or bad) is Fiio warranty service? If it was a huge hassle I might just try to repair it myself. Thanks.post #733 of 7513/25/12 at 5:21pmpost #734 of 7513/30/12 at 5:39pm
Ok sorry for these noob questions, but I am confused. I have an Asus Xonar D1 sound card and fiio e9 amp. The instructions on the e9 are very basic so I am confused. If I wanted to have the capability of having my computer speakers and headphones hooked up at the same time how would I go about doing that? I just don't like the idea of having to fumble around and having to have one plugged in or the other. Can I run my speakers into my sound card? And have a line going to the amp? Then just plug my headphones into the amp when I wanna use them?
Do I lose volume capability through the amp for my speakers? How do I make sure I am utilizing the DAC in the sound card? Do I have to have things plugged into certain ports on the card? I also want to avoid double amping since my speakers have an amp. Thanks in advance.post #735 of 7514/13/12 at 9:46amBasic you have to turn off your speakers when your not using them when you go to use your headphones with the E9, when your not using your headphones.You gonna have to unplug them if you just want sound out your speakers. The E9 do not have a output switch.
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Philips Fidelio L2 27 seconds ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 51 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Autohotkey volume script/bar for Vista, 7, 8 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 1 minute ago
- › SkullCandy Gaming PLYR 1 Wireless Mic Headset 1 minute ago
- › Which budget headphone is best for listening across different... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE-535 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe