I just got the e7 e9 combo. Mainly I got this for the portable amplifier to make my headphones bump while on the bus, but oh what more I learned. I realize now that all the years I have been playing my media off of my computers that i have been amplifying crap. I have an ear for details, and right now I'm listening to some crystal clear audio coming from my laptop like i have never heard from a computer. For 200 bucks i am totally ecstatic about this product. It makes my home stereo rage, and my headphones sing. Gone are the days of amplifying microphone to rca adapters. Until someone comes out with some quality hifi computer sound output, this product is a must for anyone who wants to make there pc, laptop, or ipod the center of the entertainment. Maybe there is better stuff out there, but this sounds really ******* good to me. I'm hearing things in my music that I never knew where there. Fiio makes good stuff!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
These are my first pair of cans and straight out of the package they look pretty amazing. When I first put them on I thoroughly enjoyed what i heard. Works well for bluesy songs and there is an...
Overview: The Beats Pro is the Beats' top-of-the-line model, with a lofty price tag of $400. However, its price, along with Beats' reputation with being a hated-on brand, hides the fact that...
The full review can be seen http://www.head-fi.org/t/634760/resonessence-labs-concero-discussion-review-thead/630#post_9465130
Reposting my original review from Amazon.com - these headphones are just too good to be left in the dustbin of history - for instance, I just bought a pair of Monoprice MEP-933, listed everywhere...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 49
Gear mentioned in this thread:
So I got the L7 cable for the E7, and hooked it up to the line in on the E9 to see how it sounds undocked vs docked. Largely the same, though I do detect a hint of warmness over the more neutral sound when the E7 is docked. My guess is that the 3.5mm male/male cable I'm using adds a slight hint of warmth.
E7 docked to E9 ... or ... E7+L7 connected through 3.5mm with E9 is exactly the same (although 3.5mm cable introduces losses and/or colorisation).
Better replace E9 - it causes a lot of losses to music quality. Use L7 for connection to some new decent amp to skip unfaumous TPA6120 (the same is in E9) in E7 headphone output. High quality and shortness of this 3.5mm cable is really impotant.
Edited by borizm - 1/11/12 at 2:14pm
No loss of music quality here. Still like my E9 just by itself or with the E7. The E10 is another punchy , kicking butt for hard rock.
Anyone know what to do about the bad 3.5mm jack? So frustrating slight movement of the jack distorts the sound. I tried an adaptor for the 6.35mm jack and it also seems to have a problem to a smaller extent.
yeah, I would say the faulty 3.5mm jack is the only thing that has disappointed me with the E9 so far, I thought I was only one of the few who were unfortunate enough to have a model with this problem, as none of the reviews seem to mention it, but obviously its more widespread. However, I have found that rotating the plug clockwise once it is inside the jack until there is no noise distortion, does seem to solve the problem, even when there is a slight movement of the cord.
I was thinking the same thing for a while, and wasn't sure if the e17 would pair well with the e9 so I recently ordered the Hrt Music Streamer ii. I was worried about clipping and distortion at first but I haven't noticed any, it appears to work just fine for me at least. The higher voltage out of the Hrt msii also has given my e9 greater power in amplifying my hd650, as now the dial is turned to around 10 o'clock as opposed to 12 in low gain mode. Also I would hear a slight hiss from the e9/e7 combo which is now nonexistent. Overall I would say that the hrt msii is a nice, reasonably priced upgrade to the e7, with a noticeably larger soundstage, better instrument separation and tremble.
I am having an issue with the 1/4" jack on my E9. I first noticed that the line out of the E9 was not working but the headphone outputs work. After some debugging it became apparent that the auto-sensing of the jack seems to be broken (I can get line out to work if I fidget the jack a bit). Now the question is how good (or bad) is Fiio warranty service? If it was a huge hassle I might just try to repair it myself. Thanks.
Ok sorry for these noob questions, but I am confused. I have an Asus Xonar D1 sound card and fiio e9 amp. The instructions on the e9 are very basic so I am confused. If I wanted to have the capability of having my computer speakers and headphones hooked up at the same time how would I go about doing that? I just don't like the idea of having to fumble around and having to have one plugged in or the other. Can I run my speakers into my sound card? And have a line going to the amp? Then just plug my headphones into the amp when I wanna use them?
Do I lose volume capability through the amp for my speakers? How do I make sure I am utilizing the DAC in the sound card? Do I have to have things plugged into certain ports on the card? I also want to avoid double amping since my speakers have an amp. Thanks in advance.
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 : Will it achieve High End status ? 2 minutes ago
- › Most underrated/ Forgotten IEMs.....(only IEM please) 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - READ THE FIRST POST! 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Setup Questions 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 headphone Amp 6 minutes ago
- › Questions about Ohm 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new série Z 7 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Sennheiser Momentum by iSennheiser
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe