for me fiio e9 change bass, mid, treble with my AKG
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S Quick Review Thanks to Hifiheadphones for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/770243/soundmagic-e50-e50s-review-by-mark2410 Brief: A middy...
Before I get into my review, some disclosure: I received a free loaner unit as part of a mini North American tour, set up and sponsored by @EmpJ of CTC Audio. I got to keep the unit for a...
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E9 has more midrange than any other source I've used.
And dont know how can people complain there's no bass boost. PLENTY of it.
Is there a 2nd gen item? cos mine came with the white notch in the volume nob and I think that was there originally?
I dunno about boosting, so much as it just somehow putting all things a bit more forward than other sources/amps, making the sound more aggressive. For example, my Lyr has less sub bass, more mid bass, less mids, and less treble, but everything sounds more organic than the E9. The E9 does sound artificially boosted, but it's more broad, so the effect isn't significant as say just a bass boost.
I prefer high gain vs low gain. High gain sounds more dynamic, while low gain sounds more polite, but better balanced. Stick to whatever gets you between 9 and 12. If its both, I'd use High Gain for personal preference.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 3:53pm
Thanks alot. All this is helpful, my first proper amp so wanna get the most out of it.
Maybe that explains why my cross fade is all in the left starting up and goes away the closer I get to 9. Thought it was a defect... A little inconvieniant because then I have to jank down my media player's volume to prevent my ears from bleeding.
Put in the order for my FIio E9, since the plan I had in place to save for it wasnt working. So the STX had to get the boot. For me to open the path for the E9.Later on I will put something in the place of my old Audigy 2 that I got in my computer.
That sounds like sarcasm....
I just got my E7/E9 and I'm having an issue. It might be an E7 issue, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to discuss it.
Setup: PC USB -> E7 docked on E9 -> Phones or Speakers
After a while of listening, I will notice a distinct and 10 out of 10 reproducible static sound at certain parts of songs. This issue is present both on my speakers (pre-out) and headphones (1/8th out). I can play the song back at certain parts and repeatedly hear the same static, so I'm definitely not imagining it.
I can clear the issue in a number of ways:
1) Unplug/replug the USB cable
2) Unplug/replug the speaker or headphone cable
3) Turn the potentiometer to zero to turn off the E9 and turn it back on again
The sound will go back to "normal," and it's uncertain when the static will return again. The next step would be to try the E7 alone, but I'd have to use it for several hours or more before determining whether the issue will pop up or not.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 38 seconds ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 48 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread Updated 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 3 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2