for me fiio e9 change bass, mid, treble with my AKG
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This Headphone have Very Good and Smooth Mid / High, Good Bass response. Cold-side, Analytical, Overall Clarity made this Headphone Shine, Bass may lack on some track or Not enough for some...
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 43post #631 of 7515/18/11 at 5:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 7515/18/11 at 8:34pmQuote:
The E9 has more midrange than any other source I've used.post #633 of 7515/18/11 at 11:42pmQuote:
And dont know how can people complain there's no bass boost. PLENTY of it.
Is there a 2nd gen item? cos mine came with the white notch in the volume nob and I think that was there originally?post #634 of 7515/18/11 at 11:48pmThe initial E9's didn't have the white marking.
I dunno about boosting, so much as it just somehow putting all things a bit more forward than other sources/amps, making the sound more aggressive. For example, my Lyr has less sub bass, more mid bass, less mids, and less treble, but everything sounds more organic than the E9. The E9 does sound artificially boosted, but it's more broad, so the effect isn't significant as say just a bass boost.post #635 of 7515/19/11 at 2:05pmpost #636 of 7515/19/11 at 3:50pmThe noise when turning the volume knob seems to be something we are all experiencing. Its not a dealbreaker to me as it only occurs when adjusting the volume, which is like 1% of the time.
I prefer high gain vs low gain. High gain sounds more dynamic, while low gain sounds more polite, but better balanced. Stick to whatever gets you between 9 and 12. If its both, I'd use High Gain for personal preference.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 3:53pmpost #637 of 7515/19/11 at 11:51pmpost #638 of 7515/19/11 at 11:54pmpost #639 of 7515/20/11 at 8:49amQuote:
Thanks alot. All this is helpful, my first proper amp so wanna get the most out of it.post #640 of 7515/21/11 at 12:30pmQuote:
Maybe that explains why my cross fade is all in the left starting up and goes away the closer I get to 9. Thought it was a defect... A little inconvieniant because then I have to jank down my media player's volume to prevent my ears from bleeding.post #641 of 7515/23/11 at 12:23pm
Put in the order for my FIio E9, since the plan I had in place to save for it wasnt working. So the STX had to get the boot. For me to open the path for the E9.Later on I will put something in the place of my old Audigy 2 that I got in my computer.post #642 of 7515/23/11 at 12:28pmpost #643 of 7515/23/11 at 6:34pmpost #644 of 7515/23/11 at 9:13pmQuote:
That sounds like sarcasm....post #645 of 7515/23/11 at 9:33pm
I just got my E7/E9 and I'm having an issue. It might be an E7 issue, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to discuss it.
Setup: PC USB -> E7 docked on E9 -> Phones or Speakers
After a while of listening, I will notice a distinct and 10 out of 10 reproducible static sound at certain parts of songs. This issue is present both on my speakers (pre-out) and headphones (1/8th out). I can play the song back at certain parts and repeatedly hear the same static, so I'm definitely not imagining it.
I can clear the issue in a number of ways:
1) Unplug/replug the USB cable
2) Unplug/replug the speaker or headphone cable
3) Turn the potentiometer to zero to turn off the E9 and turn it back on again
The sound will go back to "normal," and it's uncertain when the static will return again. The next step would be to try the E7 alone, but I'd have to use it for several hours or more before determining whether the issue will pop up or not.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 46 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 58 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › WTB: Best headphones you have that do not need an amp at all 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 305 IEMs compared (Moe Audio MOE-SS01 Added... 4 minutes ago
- › MHDT Havana DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital