for me fiio e9 change bass, mid, treble with my AKG
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E9 has more midrange than any other source I've used.
And dont know how can people complain there's no bass boost. PLENTY of it.
Is there a 2nd gen item? cos mine came with the white notch in the volume nob and I think that was there originally?
I dunno about boosting, so much as it just somehow putting all things a bit more forward than other sources/amps, making the sound more aggressive. For example, my Lyr has less sub bass, more mid bass, less mids, and less treble, but everything sounds more organic than the E9. The E9 does sound artificially boosted, but it's more broad, so the effect isn't significant as say just a bass boost.
I prefer high gain vs low gain. High gain sounds more dynamic, while low gain sounds more polite, but better balanced. Stick to whatever gets you between 9 and 12. If its both, I'd use High Gain for personal preference.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 3:53pm
Thanks alot. All this is helpful, my first proper amp so wanna get the most out of it.
Maybe that explains why my cross fade is all in the left starting up and goes away the closer I get to 9. Thought it was a defect... A little inconvieniant because then I have to jank down my media player's volume to prevent my ears from bleeding.
Put in the order for my FIio E9, since the plan I had in place to save for it wasnt working. So the STX had to get the boot. For me to open the path for the E9.Later on I will put something in the place of my old Audigy 2 that I got in my computer.
That sounds like sarcasm....
I just got my E7/E9 and I'm having an issue. It might be an E7 issue, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to discuss it.
Setup: PC USB -> E7 docked on E9 -> Phones or Speakers
After a while of listening, I will notice a distinct and 10 out of 10 reproducible static sound at certain parts of songs. This issue is present both on my speakers (pre-out) and headphones (1/8th out). I can play the song back at certain parts and repeatedly hear the same static, so I'm definitely not imagining it.
I can clear the issue in a number of ways:
1) Unplug/replug the USB cable
2) Unplug/replug the speaker or headphone cable
3) Turn the potentiometer to zero to turn off the E9 and turn it back on again
The sound will go back to "normal," and it's uncertain when the static will return again. The next step would be to try the E7 alone, but I'd have to use it for several hours or more before determining whether the issue will pop up or not.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AKG K3003 (non-remote version) 11 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 38 seconds ago
- › In-ears for female friend under $100? 38 seconds ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › What does science think I should buy in the head fi market? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Spacious Cups? 6 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 7 minutes ago
- › The ATH-AD700 Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2