for me fiio e9 change bass, mid, treble with my AKG
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Intro:- I was really excited when SoundMAGIC announced a couple of new earphones with a new “Reference” line up, Led by E80, their flagship, and subordinate E50( like Bumblebee), what I...
I was invited by Noontec to write a honest review of their Hammo S headphone. I tend to be very skeptical about lower-priced headphones, since the bottom tier of headphones/speakers tend to...
RHA T20 Review Tour Many thanks to RHA and forum member Rearwing for arranging the tour and the generosity of a 10-day listening period (my suspicion though is to pass some thanks to reviewer...
Construction, Materials, and Comfort: For starters, the protein leather is extremely soft and supple, and makes the ear pads and headband luxurious to touch. Heat retention actually isn't as bad...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The E9 has more midrange than any other source I've used.
And dont know how can people complain there's no bass boost. PLENTY of it.
Is there a 2nd gen item? cos mine came with the white notch in the volume nob and I think that was there originally?
I dunno about boosting, so much as it just somehow putting all things a bit more forward than other sources/amps, making the sound more aggressive. For example, my Lyr has less sub bass, more mid bass, less mids, and less treble, but everything sounds more organic than the E9. The E9 does sound artificially boosted, but it's more broad, so the effect isn't significant as say just a bass boost.
I prefer high gain vs low gain. High gain sounds more dynamic, while low gain sounds more polite, but better balanced. Stick to whatever gets you between 9 and 12. If its both, I'd use High Gain for personal preference.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 5/19/11 at 3:53pm
Thanks alot. All this is helpful, my first proper amp so wanna get the most out of it.
Maybe that explains why my cross fade is all in the left starting up and goes away the closer I get to 9. Thought it was a defect... A little inconvieniant because then I have to jank down my media player's volume to prevent my ears from bleeding.
Put in the order for my FIio E9, since the plan I had in place to save for it wasnt working. So the STX had to get the boot. For me to open the path for the E9.Later on I will put something in the place of my old Audigy 2 that I got in my computer.
That sounds like sarcasm....
I just got my E7/E9 and I'm having an issue. It might be an E7 issue, so I apologize if this is the wrong place to discuss it.
Setup: PC USB -> E7 docked on E9 -> Phones or Speakers
After a while of listening, I will notice a distinct and 10 out of 10 reproducible static sound at certain parts of songs. This issue is present both on my speakers (pre-out) and headphones (1/8th out). I can play the song back at certain parts and repeatedly hear the same static, so I'm definitely not imagining it.
I can clear the issue in a number of ways:
1) Unplug/replug the USB cable
2) Unplug/replug the speaker or headphone cable
3) Turn the potentiometer to zero to turn off the E9 and turn it back on again
The sound will go back to "normal," and it's uncertain when the static will return again. The next step would be to try the E7 alone, but I'd have to use it for several hours or more before determining whether the issue will pop up or not.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › KOSS ESP6 REFURBISHED VINTAGE ELECTROSTATICS 50 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Please recommend an mp3 player that plays music from folders 4 minutes ago
- › WANTED: Chord HUGO Brown Leather case 4 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › What's a good DAC for my DarkVoice 336SE ? 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › Closed Back Headphones: Stepping Up From A Lawton TH600 Advice Needed 7 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)