Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 41

post #601 of 752

I'll be looking forward to reading all the reviews in the coming days to see if the L7 is worth the $10 :)

post #602 of 752
Well it should for those without a DAC that don't wanna be force to buy the E9 with the E7.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnagali View Post

I'll be looking forward to reading all the reviews in the coming days to see if the L7 is worth the $10 :)



 

 

post #603 of 752

Hey guys, any advice on how to hook up my Samsung LCD TV's digital audio out (optical) port to my Fiio E9/E7 combo? I figured that would be the easiest way to amplify and use my DT880s with an Xbox 360.

post #604 of 752
You're better off using the TV's RCA Out (or better yet, use the XBox 360's audio dongle, and hook up the red/white audio out to an RCA female to 3.5mm male cable straight to the E9's 3.5mm line in). The latter method is better because you're skipping the TV's processing. Get monoprice's RCA to 3.5mm male and hook that up to the E9's 3.5mm Line In. BTW, the E7 is doing NOTHING in this equation.

The E7/E9 only has analog inputs.

The good thing about the XB360 is that it outputs audio from the all connections, even if you're using an HDMI cable for video.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/23/11 at 3:00pm
post #605 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy View Post

You're better off using the TV's RCA Out (or better yet, use the XBox 360's audio dongle, and hook up the red/white audio out to an RCA female to 3.5mm male cable straight to the E9's 3.5mm line in). The latter method is better because you're skipping the TV's processing. Get monoprice's RCA to 3.5mm male and hook that up to the E9's 3.5mm Line In. BTW, the E7 is doing NOTHING in this equation.

The E7/E9 only has analog inputs.

The good thing about the XB360 is that it outputs audio from the all connections, even if you're using an HDMI cable for video.

 

^ This.

 

To save you some time, here's the cable:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5611&seq=1&format=2

I'm actually about to buy one myself to use with my PS3.
 

 

post #606 of 752

Thanks for the advice! Is there any difference between the genuine Xbox  360 Audio adapter or should I just one of the cheap ones from eBay?

By the way, excuse me for the probably very dumb question but how do I plug the RCA to 3.5mm male cable in the Xbox audio adapter since both RCAs are female? 


Edited by substance90 - 4/24/11 at 4:24am
post #607 of 752
Actually, using a dongle may force the 360's HDMI to reset, (due to hacked component cables out there). So personally, if I were in your shoes...

System ---> HDMI ---> TV ---> TV Audio out ---> RCA male to 3.5mm male (make sure it's long enough for your use) ---> E9 Line in

Tried it... it sounds fine.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=5599&seq=1&format=2 (10 feet... though they have shorter 6, 3, or 1.5ft feet runs... ). For long runs, I think I'd just buy a longer RCA male/male, and a very short RCA female to 3.5mm male cable.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 4/24/11 at 5:14am
post #608 of 752

I guess you're right that this would be easiest way to achieve what I need. I ordered a 21 feet 2 RCA male to 3.5 mm male cable from eBay in order to get it behind quite a few pieces of furniture and not have to constantly change the place of my Fiio. Thanks for the assistance!

post #609 of 752
That's quite a long run. Analog connections like that may suffer with such long runs. I never had such a long run, but I hope it works out for you.
post #610 of 752
Can I replace the OP2134 with any 8pin OPAMP perhaps LM4562?
Will I need a soldering gun? I know how but don't have one.
Thanks:)
post #611 of 752

Hi!

 

I'm new here, wish me welcome! bigsmile_face.gif

 

I have very recently purchased the AKG Q701, the FiiO E7, and the FiiO E9.

The purchase is so fresh in fact, that I'm still waiting for the FiiO products to be shipped.(dx is so slow)

 

Anyhoo, I'm also wondering about the possibilities of connecting the E9 to a PS3. I have one of these:http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-PS3-HDTV-READY-TV-HD-COMPONENT-AV-CABLE-5-WIRE-/400212830422?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5d2e8b28d6

 

Can I simply connect the red and white cables directly into the back of the E9?

I've obviously read the previous posts, but couldn't figure it out.

 

Please be gentle with a common n00b! k701smile.gif

post #612 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanK View Post

Hi!

 

I'm new here, wish me welcome! bigsmile_face.gif

 

I have very recently purchased the AKG Q701, the FiiO E7, and the FiiO E9.

The purchase is so fresh in fact, that I'm still waiting for the FiiO products to be shipped.(dx is so slow)

 

Anyhoo, I'm also wondering about the possibilities of connecting the E9 to a PS3. I have one of these:http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-PS3-HDTV-READY-TV-HD-COMPONENT-AV-CABLE-5-WIRE-/400212830422?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item5d2e8b28d6

 

Can I simply connect the red and white cables directly into the back of the E9?

I've obviously read the previous posts, but couldn't figure it out.

 

Please be gentle with a common n00b! k701smile.gif



The RCA jacks on the back of the E9 are actually outputs. What you would need is something like an RCA to 3.5 mini adapter / cable like the BJC cable I have in my signature.

post #613 of 752

Oh, I see!

 

Thank you for the assistance!

post #614 of 752

Does anyone have any idea of the release date of new Fiio products? Was gonna get the E9, but as it will mainly be coming from a DAC (gonna b used with my pc) maybe I should wait until Fiio comes out with their new line of amps with the better DAC?

post #615 of 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHouse View Post

Does anyone have any idea of the release date of new Fiio products? Was gonna get the E9, but as it will mainly be coming from a DAC (gonna b used with my pc) maybe I should wait until Fiio comes out with their new line of amps with the better DAC?



New desktop DAC+AMP is just start developing. we do have schedule but it is not suitable to reply now because sometimes it is hard to control the schedule.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review