My question is broadly related. How do you like the E9 out of an ipod classic and LOD? Do you like it more or less than using the E7 as a dac and E9?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does anyone know if the E9 can accept an DC supply voltage above 15v? I have a 8000mAH battery pack with a 19v output, and I'd love to be able to use it to power my E9 in a portable fashion. If it has an internal voltage regulator, then it would work out. Otherwise, I'd need to resort to regulating the voltage down externally.
if your source is an ipod, BEST sound is obtained using a LOD
if your source is a PC, BEST sound is obtained using E7 (or any other dac, or a really nice soundcard)
Has anyone seen that the E9 is now being sold with the option of the iPhone dock up top instead of the E7?
Does that mean it is interchangeable, or what?
is it worth it, or will an LOD be just as effective?
The E9 is solid state. The iPod/Phone dock and an L3 will accomplish exactly the same thing - bypass the iPod amping section, but still use it's DAC. The dock will simply give a more convenient form factor. To bypass the iPod's DAC, you need something like an HRT iStreamer.
Jack- do you know where one could purchase an iPod dock for the E9? Thanks.
I checked and it said that the base for ipod/iphone 'must be bought seperately' meaning usability for standard E9 users. Concerning a shop that sells it (I've checked US and Non US), I'm not sure if Fiio have released it yet.
It's not a easy way to change the E9 into an E9i, FiiO thought about releasing a DIY kit but ultimately just decided to release the E9i as a separate product. So if you have a E9 already, my best recommendation is to get a L1 or L3 LOD cable and use it with the E9. If you don't ever plan on using a E7/E17 with the E9, then you can think about trading the E9 for a E9i.
Hey guys, I settled on a DT-880/600 and the E9/E7 combo but I can't really tell the difference between the high gain setting and about 10 o'clock on the volume knob and low gain with just before 12 o'clock. Any advice?
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › Questyle QP1 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 7 minutes ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 9 minutes ago
- › Classical Contemporary Music Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3