My question is broadly related. How do you like the E9 out of an ipod classic and LOD? Do you like it more or less than using the E7 as a dac and E9?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does anyone know if the E9 can accept an DC supply voltage above 15v? I have a 8000mAH battery pack with a 19v output, and I'd love to be able to use it to power my E9 in a portable fashion. If it has an internal voltage regulator, then it would work out. Otherwise, I'd need to resort to regulating the voltage down externally.
if your source is an ipod, BEST sound is obtained using a LOD
if your source is a PC, BEST sound is obtained using E7 (or any other dac, or a really nice soundcard)
Has anyone seen that the E9 is now being sold with the option of the iPhone dock up top instead of the E7?
Does that mean it is interchangeable, or what?
is it worth it, or will an LOD be just as effective?
The E9 is solid state. The iPod/Phone dock and an L3 will accomplish exactly the same thing - bypass the iPod amping section, but still use it's DAC. The dock will simply give a more convenient form factor. To bypass the iPod's DAC, you need something like an HRT iStreamer.
Jack- do you know where one could purchase an iPod dock for the E9? Thanks.
I checked and it said that the base for ipod/iphone 'must be bought seperately' meaning usability for standard E9 users. Concerning a shop that sells it (I've checked US and Non US), I'm not sure if Fiio have released it yet.
It's not a easy way to change the E9 into an E9i, FiiO thought about releasing a DIY kit but ultimately just decided to release the E9i as a separate product. So if you have a E9 already, my best recommendation is to get a L1 or L3 LOD cable and use it with the E9. If you don't ever plan on using a E7/E17 with the E9, then you can think about trading the E9 for a E9i.
Hey guys, I settled on a DT-880/600 and the E9/E7 combo but I can't really tell the difference between the high gain setting and about 10 o'clock on the volume knob and low gain with just before 12 o'clock. Any advice?
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 25 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 36 seconds ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 40 seconds ago
- › Disruptive Technology - A Frank(s) Discussion 49 seconds ago
- › Noble Seattle, WA Tour 50 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Perfect Sound d901 dido . . . Calling All Bassheads, your... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)