My question is broadly related. How do you like the E9 out of an ipod classic and LOD? Do you like it more or less than using the E7 as a dac and E9?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does anyone know if the E9 can accept an DC supply voltage above 15v? I have a 8000mAH battery pack with a 19v output, and I'd love to be able to use it to power my E9 in a portable fashion. If it has an internal voltage regulator, then it would work out. Otherwise, I'd need to resort to regulating the voltage down externally.
if your source is an ipod, BEST sound is obtained using a LOD
if your source is a PC, BEST sound is obtained using E7 (or any other dac, or a really nice soundcard)
Has anyone seen that the E9 is now being sold with the option of the iPhone dock up top instead of the E7?
Does that mean it is interchangeable, or what?
is it worth it, or will an LOD be just as effective?
The E9 is solid state. The iPod/Phone dock and an L3 will accomplish exactly the same thing - bypass the iPod amping section, but still use it's DAC. The dock will simply give a more convenient form factor. To bypass the iPod's DAC, you need something like an HRT iStreamer.
Jack- do you know where one could purchase an iPod dock for the E9? Thanks.
I checked and it said that the base for ipod/iphone 'must be bought seperately' meaning usability for standard E9 users. Concerning a shop that sells it (I've checked US and Non US), I'm not sure if Fiio have released it yet.
It's not a easy way to change the E9 into an E9i, FiiO thought about releasing a DIY kit but ultimately just decided to release the E9i as a separate product. So if you have a E9 already, my best recommendation is to get a L1 or L3 LOD cable and use it with the E9. If you don't ever plan on using a E7/E17 with the E9, then you can think about trading the E9 for a E9i.
Hey guys, I settled on a DT-880/600 and the E9/E7 combo but I can't really tell the difference between the high gain setting and about 10 o'clock on the volume knob and low gain with just before 12 o'clock. Any advice?
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Xbox ONE 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar F111 — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion (previously TO GO!... 3 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated: 5/17/13.... 6 minutes ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 6 minutes ago
- › Is burn in real or placebo? 6 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535 replacement cable 8 minutes ago
- › "You have sent your daily allotment of 2 messages" 9 minutes ago
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe