My question is broadly related. How do you like the E9 out of an ipod classic and LOD? Do you like it more or less than using the E7 as a dac and E9?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandFiiOtagged by System, 10/22/10
- productFiiO E7 USB DAC and Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 11/10/10
- productFiiO E9 Desktop Headphone Amplifier and Dock for E7 USB DACtagged by System, 1/26/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 10/22/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/2/11
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 7/16/13 at 6:08pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Before I begin, I want to thank @H20Fidelity for providing me this review sample. Also want to thank Fidue for creating such a great product. I did not purchase the Fidue A71 but I will not let...
These have been part of my set-up for about 2 months. The set-up has consisted mainly of: Phonitor 2 fed by a Mdac or Dacmagic (Main Rig) Portable use saw it used with a NuForce Udac Gaming...
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 39
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Does anyone know if the E9 can accept an DC supply voltage above 15v? I have a 8000mAH battery pack with a 19v output, and I'd love to be able to use it to power my E9 in a portable fashion. If it has an internal voltage regulator, then it would work out. Otherwise, I'd need to resort to regulating the voltage down externally.
if your source is an ipod, BEST sound is obtained using a LOD
if your source is a PC, BEST sound is obtained using E7 (or any other dac, or a really nice soundcard)
Has anyone seen that the E9 is now being sold with the option of the iPhone dock up top instead of the E7?
Does that mean it is interchangeable, or what?
is it worth it, or will an LOD be just as effective?
The E9 is solid state. The iPod/Phone dock and an L3 will accomplish exactly the same thing - bypass the iPod amping section, but still use it's DAC. The dock will simply give a more convenient form factor. To bypass the iPod's DAC, you need something like an HRT iStreamer.
Jack- do you know where one could purchase an iPod dock for the E9? Thanks.
I checked and it said that the base for ipod/iphone 'must be bought seperately' meaning usability for standard E9 users. Concerning a shop that sells it (I've checked US and Non US), I'm not sure if Fiio have released it yet.
It's not a easy way to change the E9 into an E9i, FiiO thought about releasing a DIY kit but ultimately just decided to release the E9i as a separate product. So if you have a E9 already, my best recommendation is to get a L1 or L3 LOD cable and use it with the E9. If you don't ever plan on using a E7/E17 with the E9, then you can think about trading the E9 for a E9i.
Hey guys, I settled on a DT-880/600 and the E9/E7 combo but I can't really tell the difference between the high gain setting and about 10 o'clock on the volume knob and low gain with just before 12 o'clock. Any advice?
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 46 seconds ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 53 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 57 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 6 minutes ago
- › The headphones for movies thread 7 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by DJScope
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by CJ09
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3