i did a quick search for any mention of the k701 on this thread and i see fairly positive reviews on the e7 + e9 combo. Anyone else who owns both the e9 and matrix mstage/canamp care to make a comparison and how well each of them synergise with the k701? it seems all good reviews so far are based on going from no amp -> e9.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Fiio are starting to freak me out ... Last post on 2/13/13 at 5:59pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- No Owner Manual for Fii0 and a Bit Lost Last post on 4/5/11 at 6:57pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- To be a headphone amp or not a headphone amp - that is thee question Last post on 5/23/12 at 2:43pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Good news about Android phone supports digital audio output Last post on 2/15/13 at 9:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
Introduction The easiest way to explain the Sennheiser CX-150's is that they do what you can reasonably expect. You can't really expect much from a pair of sub-50 dollar IEM's, and frankly, I...
- Headphone Impedance
The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review - Page 23
Gear mentioned in this thread:
We don't carry the adapters separately. Let me see if we can order some as spares from FiiO.
i want to use the E7 for my android incredible droid.. would SQ suffer from using the 3.5mm headphone jack on my phone to connect to the E7 and then my earphones as opposed to a LOD cable? sorry for noob question lol
Yes, quality will suffer. If there is a line out cable available it is strongly recommended you use that; only use the headphone jack as a last resort as you will be amplifying an already (poorly) amplified signal. >.<
Edited by Riku540 - 11/30/10 at 9:20pm
For those who didn't get to check out the impressions in the London Mini-Meet Thread:
despite it's deceptive price tag the FiiO E9/E7 combination was one of the surprise hits of the night.
A lot of people seemed as surprised as me that a desktop rig this cheap and this small was quite so good. The head-fi world is one where, to an extent, price tag and quality of product are a little conflated sometimes. We see amps and dacs for hundreds of pounds and assume anything less just can't be good, can it? Yes it can. FiiO have pulled off a product here that was not just holding its own but actulaly out performing a lot of the more expensive amps in the room and frankly at the price is a no-brainer. Funny thing is if they'd slapped a multi-hundred price tag on the unit it'd probably have generated a lot more interest and praise by now.
Well there is the subjective and the objective.
Objectively the FiiO combo had more power than the Apogee Duet, Corda Cantate.2 and the other Meier which I'm actually unsure of the model of. In terms of its ability to drive phones I can objectively say it out-peformed all those pricer models. I'm not very down on the technical side of things, ie. the difference between current and voltage swing and stuff like that, so can't give a lot of detail, all I know is that the T1 felt underpowered through those multi-hundred pound amps while it sung with the £120 FiiO combo.
Then there is the issue of features. It is very versatile with the two channel power output, dac section which doubles as a portable amp and so on. Although I do have some issues with the lack of RCA line in and pre amp output. Not really sure why they decided mini sockets were a better option there...
Subjectively I preferred the sound of it for more up-front fast music, while I felt my Cantate.2 had perhaps a little more grace and delicacy.
I'd need to do much more comparison with more controlled conditions. I'd like to try the same external dac with all the amps, for etc, to judge the quality of the amp and dac sections, compare using the same tracks and so on before saying for certain that the FiiO was "better" than those amps. But it is better at driving demanding phones than them, has an immensely enjoyable and involving sound signature and is absolutely worth the money. Since I've budgeted badly for christmas I'm considering getting a set so I can sell my Cantate..2 to generate a christmas present fund!
I've replaced the Logitech Z2300 computers speakers I had before with a pair of M-Audio BX5A monitors. I am using a mini-to-RCA cable and then a couple of RCA-to-TRS adapters to feed the sound from the E9 into the BX5A. Relying on the E9's volume control is critical in this case since the BX5A's volume control, like many other powered monitors, is not only on the back, but independently set for the left and right.
I will miss the low bass of the Z2300's, but the BX5A is just so much better at everything else.
The question I had was answered in another thread. I just want to point out that in order to use the E7/E9 as an amp and DAC, the E7 has to be on, even if it is docked. (the red charging light does not indicate that it is on, only charging)
Edited by lrawrl - 12/5/10 at 9:26pm
MP4Nation has the worst customer service on the internet ... bait and switch and terrible wait times ...
selling merchandise which they don't have ... deceptive ... borderline illegal if not downright illegal ...
they make absolutely NO effort to satisfy their customers ... who seem to be mostly adolescents ...
buy from them at your own risk ..... be warned !!!
... and I speak from first hand experience.
I've heard horrible horrible things about mp4nation. May I ask what happened to you? The more stories out here the better. We don't want our fellow Hi-Fiers to be ripped off by companies.
- The Official Fiio E9 Thread with Video Unbox-Review
- › Schiit Lyr - Excellent condition 15 seconds ago
- › Why would anyone want just one headphone? 17 seconds ago
- › The Stax thread (New) 19 seconds ago
- › ATH M50 - benchmarking for right sound 48 seconds ago
- › Is there an audible difference between HD and CD quality? 1 minute ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 1 minute ago
- › Review Decware Taboo. An Amazing Achievment 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW] Effect Audio Apollo and Rhea upgrade cable for IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot III amp and Zhaolu 2 DAC/AMP 3 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe