On the other hand, I really like the HD600's, and the T1's.....
Related Forum Threads
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear? Last post on 7/3/11 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for headphones with great clarity and transparency Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Not a whole lot to add that others have mentioned. I would have liked a traveling case included instead of a pouch, but I will let that slide for a couple of reasons. First is that the box that...
First, I would like to thank Shozy for sending me a pre-production model of the Zero in exchange for my honest opinion. My pre-production model arrived in a small package. Inside was the Zero...
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?post #1 of 4510/21/10 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4510/21/10 at 9:15pmpost #3 of 4510/21/10 at 9:46pmpost #4 of 4510/21/10 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 4510/21/10 at 9:58pmpost #6 of 4510/21/10 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 4510/21/10 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 4510/21/10 at 11:02pm
I thought the peak of the HD600 is at 1.7k, the 8.6k peak is much smaller.
If you can't hear that, you'd probably won't hear much else.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/21/10 at 11:05pmpost #9 of 4510/21/10 at 11:08pmpost #10 of 4510/21/10 at 11:25pmLet's get the usual responses out of the way:
1. You need to upgrade your amp
2. You need to upgrade your source
3. There's something wrong with your hearing
4. The HD-800 isn't for you
I'm going with number fourpost #11 of 4510/21/10 at 11:59pm
I do think they are bright, irritating, and fatiguing to listen to for some types of music, notably dance and hip-hop. But they are very good for listening to classical, jazz, acoustic and New Age, I think, general the kind of music that doesn't have a lot of unusually high frequency contents in the mix. tisb0b is right though, you should sell them and get a pair of LCD-2s.post #12 of 4510/22/10 at 12:06ampost #13 of 4510/22/10 at 1:09ampost #14 of 4510/22/10 at 4:32pmpost #15 of 4510/22/10 at 5:09pm
- Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 second ago
- › Anyone heard of these new Ted Baker Rockall headphones? They look... 18 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 1 minute ago
- › Newbie needs help measuring headphone jack output voltage 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 7 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 9 minutes ago
- › Help in planning my desktop setup 10 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 11 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 by Brooko
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by ekolite
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...