On the other hand, I really like the HD600's, and the T1's.....
Related Forum Threads
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear? Last post on 7/3/11 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for headphones with great clarity and transparency Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?post #1 of 4510/21/10 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4510/21/10 at 9:15pmpost #3 of 4510/21/10 at 9:46pmpost #4 of 4510/21/10 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 4510/21/10 at 9:58pmpost #6 of 4510/21/10 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 4510/21/10 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 4510/21/10 at 11:02pm
I thought the peak of the HD600 is at 1.7k, the 8.6k peak is much smaller.
If you can't hear that, you'd probably won't hear much else.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/21/10 at 11:05pmpost #9 of 4510/21/10 at 11:08pmpost #10 of 4510/21/10 at 11:25pmLet's get the usual responses out of the way:
1. You need to upgrade your amp
2. You need to upgrade your source
3. There's something wrong with your hearing
4. The HD-800 isn't for you
I'm going with number fourpost #11 of 4510/21/10 at 11:59pm
I do think they are bright, irritating, and fatiguing to listen to for some types of music, notably dance and hip-hop. But they are very good for listening to classical, jazz, acoustic and New Age, I think, general the kind of music that doesn't have a lot of unusually high frequency contents in the mix. tisb0b is right though, you should sell them and get a pair of LCD-2s.post #12 of 4510/22/10 at 12:06ampost #13 of 4510/22/10 at 1:09ampost #14 of 4510/22/10 at 4:32pmpost #15 of 4510/22/10 at 5:09pm
- Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Is anyone building the KGSSHV? 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 4 minutes ago
- › Vivo Xplay 3S with ESS9018 and OPA2604 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)