On the other hand, I really like the HD600's, and the T1's.....
Related Forum Threads
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear? Last post on 7/3/11 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for headphones with great clarity and transparency Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?post #1 of 4510/21/10 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4510/21/10 at 9:15pmpost #3 of 4510/21/10 at 9:46pmpost #4 of 4510/21/10 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 4510/21/10 at 9:58pmpost #6 of 4510/21/10 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 4510/21/10 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 4510/21/10 at 11:02pm
I thought the peak of the HD600 is at 1.7k, the 8.6k peak is much smaller.
If you can't hear that, you'd probably won't hear much else.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/21/10 at 11:05pmpost #9 of 4510/21/10 at 11:08pmpost #10 of 4510/21/10 at 11:25pmLet's get the usual responses out of the way:
1. You need to upgrade your amp
2. You need to upgrade your source
3. There's something wrong with your hearing
4. The HD-800 isn't for you
I'm going with number fourpost #11 of 4510/21/10 at 11:59pm
I do think they are bright, irritating, and fatiguing to listen to for some types of music, notably dance and hip-hop. But they are very good for listening to classical, jazz, acoustic and New Age, I think, general the kind of music that doesn't have a lot of unusually high frequency contents in the mix. tisb0b is right though, you should sell them and get a pair of LCD-2s.post #12 of 4510/22/10 at 12:06ampost #13 of 4510/22/10 at 1:09ampost #14 of 4510/22/10 at 4:32pmpost #15 of 4510/22/10 at 5:09pm
- Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › NAD HP50 23 seconds ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Was there a Sony MDR-V7? 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › sehhheiser hd800 what amp to pair up to bring out the MOSt out of it? 2 minutes ago
- › Help deciding on which headphones to try 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)