On the other hand, I really like the HD600's, and the T1's.....
Related Forum Threads
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear? Last post on 7/3/11 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for headphones with great clarity and transparency Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?post #1 of 4510/21/10 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4510/21/10 at 9:15pmpost #3 of 4510/21/10 at 9:46pmpost #4 of 4510/21/10 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 4510/21/10 at 9:58pmpost #6 of 4510/21/10 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 4510/21/10 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 4510/21/10 at 11:02pm
I thought the peak of the HD600 is at 1.7k, the 8.6k peak is much smaller.
If you can't hear that, you'd probably won't hear much else.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/21/10 at 11:05pmpost #9 of 4510/21/10 at 11:08pmpost #10 of 4510/21/10 at 11:25pmLet's get the usual responses out of the way:
1. You need to upgrade your amp
2. You need to upgrade your source
3. There's something wrong with your hearing
4. The HD-800 isn't for you
I'm going with number fourpost #11 of 4510/21/10 at 11:59pm
I do think they are bright, irritating, and fatiguing to listen to for some types of music, notably dance and hip-hop. But they are very good for listening to classical, jazz, acoustic and New Age, I think, general the kind of music that doesn't have a lot of unusually high frequency contents in the mix. tisb0b is right though, you should sell them and get a pair of LCD-2s.post #12 of 4510/22/10 at 12:06ampost #13 of 4510/22/10 at 1:09ampost #14 of 4510/22/10 at 4:32pmpost #15 of 4510/22/10 at 5:09pm
- Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › [AAW A3H-Pro Review] The CIEM rabbit hole just got a little bigger. 52 seconds ago
- › Ie800 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 2 minutes ago
- › Wired Headphones is Dead the future is wireless 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › TTVJ Flat Pad test original vs deluxe 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! New NiceHCK DZ7 1DD+6 BA iem impression by... 5 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 6 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 9 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...