On the other hand, I really like the HD600's, and the T1's.....
Related Forum Threads
- so i just got some K 701's.... Last post on 10/6/11 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- TELL ME WHERE TO GO. PLEASE HELP!!! Last post on 8/30/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
- For Gaming: Open or Closed Ear? Last post on 7/3/11 at 11:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendations for headphones with great clarity and transparency Last post on 4/27/12 at 8:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?post #1 of 4510/21/10 at 9:11pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 4510/21/10 at 9:15pmpost #3 of 4510/21/10 at 9:46pmpost #4 of 4510/21/10 at 9:56pmThread Starterpost #5 of 4510/21/10 at 9:58pmpost #6 of 4510/21/10 at 10:37pmpost #7 of 4510/21/10 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #8 of 4510/21/10 at 11:02pm
I thought the peak of the HD600 is at 1.7k, the 8.6k peak is much smaller.
If you can't hear that, you'd probably won't hear much else.
Edited by Danz03 - 10/21/10 at 11:05pmpost #9 of 4510/21/10 at 11:08pmpost #10 of 4510/21/10 at 11:25pmLet's get the usual responses out of the way:
1. You need to upgrade your amp
2. You need to upgrade your source
3. There's something wrong with your hearing
4. The HD-800 isn't for you
I'm going with number fourpost #11 of 4510/21/10 at 11:59pm
I do think they are bright, irritating, and fatiguing to listen to for some types of music, notably dance and hip-hop. But they are very good for listening to classical, jazz, acoustic and New Age, I think, general the kind of music that doesn't have a lot of unusually high frequency contents in the mix. tisb0b is right though, you should sell them and get a pair of LCD-2s.post #12 of 4510/22/10 at 12:06ampost #13 of 4510/22/10 at 1:09ampost #14 of 4510/22/10 at 4:32pmpost #15 of 4510/22/10 at 5:09pm
- Why oh why do these 800s suck so bad?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Selling 1 month old Burson Audio Conductor SL S9018 $850 one time... 1 minute ago
- › Visit to the Schiit Box - Schiit Factory Tour 2 minutes ago
- › The Apex Teton Review and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › New England Headfi Meet - Saturday December 6th, 2014! 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 6 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 8 minutes ago
- › ios7, iPhone and Apple CCK 8 minutes ago
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)