I am really stuck on this one. I am getting a new amp for sure but am only going to spend around 100 to 150 bucks (I know the Bithead is 159$). What do you guys think is the better choose, or if there are any others that are better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Related Forum Threads
- need a portable amp to drive the FA-011's Last post on 3/20/12 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DT770 pro 80 portible amp selection? ~$100 Last post on 12/3/10 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO e7 vs. Headroom Total Bit Last post on 11/27/11 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+ I was looking at some of the iBasso stuff as well. Can any one compare the iBasso D2+ Boa to the Total BitHead?
P.S. I will be using a pair of Grado sr225i's and it will mostly be playing ALAC from my MacBook.
Your Grados should be fine with the Bithead. I use to have some SR80s that worked well with my Bithead.
Never heard the other amps you're considering so I can't help you with that.
Get a DIYed mini^3. I currently own E7 and D2+, and had owned Total BitHead, but all of three can't compete with mini^3 regarding sound amplifying and tuning. Though D2+ and Total BitHead have advantage of UBS DAC if you want to use with PC.
- FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 second ago
- › sony xperia z2 vs nw zx1 walkman 7 seconds ago
- › Eddie Current's upcoming SS amp called Red Top ?! 46 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrading Monoprice 8320s 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)