I am really stuck on this one. I am getting a new amp for sure but am only going to spend around 100 to 150 bucks (I know the Bithead is 159$). What do you guys think is the better choose, or if there are any others that are better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Related Forum Threads
- need a portable amp to drive the FA-011's Last post on 3/20/12 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DT770 pro 80 portible amp selection? ~$100 Last post on 12/3/10 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO e7 vs. Headroom Total Bit Last post on 11/27/11 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+ I was looking at some of the iBasso stuff as well. Can any one compare the iBasso D2+ Boa to the Total BitHead?
P.S. I will be using a pair of Grado sr225i's and it will mostly be playing ALAC from my MacBook.
Your Grados should be fine with the Bithead. I use to have some SR80s that worked well with my Bithead.
Never heard the other amps you're considering so I can't help you with that.
Get a DIYed mini^3. I currently own E7 and D2+, and had owned Total BitHead, but all of three can't compete with mini^3 regarding sound amplifying and tuning. Though D2+ and Total BitHead have advantage of UBS DAC if you want to use with PC.
- FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › to the moderator: time to create a database to test our gadget and... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? ( updated on 7/11/2014) 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.10 download and discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Report from Fall Metro N.Y. Head Fi Meet - 11/15/14 2 minutes ago
- › <$150 Open headphones suggestions? (gaming, sound stage, music,... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)