I am really stuck on this one. I am getting a new amp for sure but am only going to spend around 100 to 150 bucks (I know the Bithead is 159$). What do you guys think is the better choose, or if there are any others that are better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Related Forum Threads
- need a portable amp to drive the FA-011's Last post on 3/20/12 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DT770 pro 80 portible amp selection? ~$100 Last post on 12/3/10 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO e7 vs. Headroom Total Bit Last post on 11/27/11 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/26/13 at 7:09pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
This is one of the last things you need to upgrade when your making your portable rig. Vs the fiio L9 this lod cable was a big step up. The first thing that will hit you is the increase in...
Thanks to NoiseHush for the review sample!! Here we have the NoiseHush i7 Noise Cancelling headphones. These headphones have some high points, but fall a bit short in terms of...
Introduction First off, I’d like to thank the folks at Audio-Technica for the sample of the WS77 for review. Yes, I’ve been on something of a roll recently with Audio-Technica...
(caution: this is a long review (I know this because I just typed it out in Word and it spanned 7 pages!) I think this is a long awaited review of the 1Plus2s. I've had the stock cable for...
I have been looking for "THAT" amp, the one for me. I tried a WA6SE, and it had a problem with distorted bass. I have the Lyr, but looking to upgrade. The soloist is really the only other amp...
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
+ I was looking at some of the iBasso stuff as well. Can any one compare the iBasso D2+ Boa to the Total BitHead?
P.S. I will be using a pair of Grado sr225i's and it will mostly be playing ALAC from my MacBook.
Your Grados should be fine with the Bithead. I use to have some SR80s that worked well with my Bithead.
Never heard the other amps you're considering so I can't help you with that.
Get a DIYed mini^3. I currently own E7 and D2+, and had owned Total BitHead, but all of three can't compete with mini^3 regarding sound amplifying and tuning. Though D2+ and Total BitHead have advantage of UBS DAC if you want to use with PC.
- FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
- › Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START... 8 seconds ago
- › Sunglass-Fi, The Optics Info Thread 46 seconds ago
- › post your grado mods.... 1 minute ago
- › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › I Basso HDP R 10 is IBasso DX 100 Japan Version impression and... 3 minutes ago
- › worst date stories 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Will using a 1/4 jack to 3.5mm effect SQ? 5 minutes ago
- › ~AKG K618DJ~ Discussion & Review Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › ALO audio 22awg OCC Cryo Dock by David Chavez
- › NoiseHush i7 Active Noise-Cancelling Headphones - Black - Retail by pro1137
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 | SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan... by TheGame21x
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 by cravenz
- › Burson Audio Soloist Amp by DutchGFX
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by shdl83
- › Beats Pro (High Performance Professional Headphones From... by thatBeatsguy
- › Resonessence Labs Concero by planx
- › Philips in-Ear Headphones Crystal Sound SHE9620/28 (Rose Gold) by DozerCSX
- › Sony MDR-NC40 Noise Canceling Headphone (Black) by UmustBKidn
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe