I am really stuck on this one. I am getting a new amp for sure but am only going to spend around 100 to 150 bucks (I know the Bithead is 159$). What do you guys think is the better choose, or if there are any others that are better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Related Forum Threads
- need a portable amp to drive the FA-011's Last post on 3/20/12 at 5:01pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- DT770 pro 80 portible amp selection? ~$100 Last post on 12/3/10 at 5:45pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- FiiO e7 vs. Headroom Total Bit Last post on 11/27/11 at 6:41pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New to amps...Help! Fiio E7 vs. Fiio E11 Last post on 1/27/14 at 10:17pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Fiio E17 does not seem to make a difference to audio experience Last post on 6/30/12 at 8:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
- Headphone Impedance
FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
+ I was looking at some of the iBasso stuff as well. Can any one compare the iBasso D2+ Boa to the Total BitHead?
P.S. I will be using a pair of Grado sr225i's and it will mostly be playing ALAC from my MacBook.
Your Grados should be fine with the Bithead. I use to have some SR80s that worked well with my Bithead.
Never heard the other amps you're considering so I can't help you with that.
Get a DIYed mini^3. I currently own E7 and D2+, and had owned Total BitHead, but all of three can't compete with mini^3 regarding sound amplifying and tuning. Though D2+ and Total BitHead have advantage of UBS DAC if you want to use with PC.
- FiiO E7 or Total Bithead?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Stax sr-007 omega II MK1 s/n 704XX for Stax sr-009 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 45 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › The Ponomusic PonoPlayer Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 8 minutes ago
- › X3 firmware 3.22-3.24beta--M3U playlists, 5-band EQ. #nooneleftbehind 12 minutes ago
- › Havi B6 ! 16 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 17 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Guarding oneself against insurance fraud
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3