- 262 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) Last post on 8/21/14 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/24/14 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 593post #8881 of 92369/10/13 at 1:39pmNo more portas at my local Sears. Checked KMart and though advertised for 29.99 in store and online they actually ring up for 25.04. So not nearly as great a deal as $12 but still cheaper than most.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8882 of 92369/10/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
to be fair those cost the same as basic replacement stock cables so yeah... but the importance of replaceable cables increases with the price of iems. For me, at least, 120$ is significant amount and having such feature at this price point is very welcomepost #8883 of 92369/10/13 at 1:48pmpost #8884 of 92369/10/13 at 2:05pm
Best Buy Store has 50% on the following Pioneer Headphones. Dont know why they are showing full price on the website.
Pioneer HDJ-500 - $49
Pioneer HDJ-1500 - $79
Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Sorry, I dont remember the exact amount but its 100 and something dollars.post #8885 of 92369/10/13 at 2:17pm
Monster Gratitude IEM, $50post #8886 of 92369/11/13 at 7:03ampost #8887 of 92369/11/13 at 7:06am
Westone W4R at B&H for $320. Don't know if they are an authorized dealer, but at this price, I would trade a 1 year warranty for a 2 year.post #8888 of 92369/11/13 at 10:05amMEElectronics Air-Fi Venture $70: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826735067&Tpk=MEElectronics%20Air-Fi%20Venturepost #8889 of 92369/11/13 at 10:52ampost #8890 of 92369/11/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by meat01
Westone W4R at B&H for $320. Don't know if they are an authorized dealer, but at this price, I would trade a 1 year warranty for a 2 year.
Even better, just contact ZZSounds or Samedaymusic and ask for a price match! Both are authorized dealers w/ a two year warranty and will beat the price.
INTERNATIONAL Headfiers: Last time this deal came around, I picked up a couple pairs for you and I had a line waiting! If you want, just send me a pm. Regular paypal w/ express mail international and insured comes to $380 if you're interested.
Edited by imackler - 9/11/13 at 2:27pmpost #8891 of 92369/11/13 at 12:44pmpost #8892 of 92369/11/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
BH was taken off of Westone's authorized online dealer listing recently, but they are still listed as an authorized dealer on Weston'es page where you can search by zipcode (10001). That being said, their customer service rep's response to me was cryptic: ". B&H Photo was an authorized reseller and we honoring the warranty on products purchased from them. "
I wonder if BH is underselling the MSRP so much that they are in trouble...post #8893 of 92369/11/13 at 5:04pmpost #8894 of 92369/11/13 at 5:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › A Stack O' Schiit 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)