- 229 Posts. Joined 2/2006
- Location: Tampa, FL
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live! 2 added 02/25/14) Last post on 4/9/14 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 593post #8881 of 92369/10/13 at 1:39pmNo more portas at my local Sears. Checked KMart and though advertised for 29.99 in store and online they actually ring up for 25.04. So not nearly as great a deal as $12 but still cheaper than most.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8882 of 92369/10/13 at 1:42pmQuote:
to be fair those cost the same as basic replacement stock cables so yeah... but the importance of replaceable cables increases with the price of iems. For me, at least, 120$ is significant amount and having such feature at this price point is very welcomepost #8883 of 92369/10/13 at 1:48pmpost #8884 of 92369/10/13 at 2:05pm
Best Buy Store has 50% on the following Pioneer Headphones. Dont know why they are showing full price on the website.
Pioneer HDJ-500 - $49
Pioneer HDJ-1500 - $79
Pioneer HDJ-2000 - Sorry, I dont remember the exact amount but its 100 and something dollars.post #8885 of 92369/10/13 at 2:17pm
Monster Gratitude IEM, $50post #8886 of 92369/11/13 at 7:03ampost #8887 of 92369/11/13 at 7:06am
Westone W4R at B&H for $320. Don't know if they are an authorized dealer, but at this price, I would trade a 1 year warranty for a 2 year.post #8888 of 92369/11/13 at 10:05amMEElectronics Air-Fi Venture $70: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826735067&Tpk=MEElectronics%20Air-Fi%20Venturepost #8889 of 92369/11/13 at 10:52ampost #8890 of 92369/11/13 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by meat01
Westone W4R at B&H for $320. Don't know if they are an authorized dealer, but at this price, I would trade a 1 year warranty for a 2 year.
Even better, just contact ZZSounds or Samedaymusic and ask for a price match! Both are authorized dealers w/ a two year warranty and will beat the price.
INTERNATIONAL Headfiers: Last time this deal came around, I picked up a couple pairs for you and I had a line waiting! If you want, just send me a pm. Regular paypal w/ express mail international and insured comes to $380 if you're interested.
Edited by imackler - 9/11/13 at 2:27pmpost #8891 of 92369/11/13 at 12:44pmpost #8892 of 92369/11/13 at 1:05pmQuote:
BH was taken off of Westone's authorized online dealer listing recently, but they are still listed as an authorized dealer on Weston'es page where you can search by zipcode (10001). That being said, their customer service rep's response to me was cryptic: ". B&H Photo was an authorized reseller and we honoring the warranty on products purchased from them. "
I wonder if BH is underselling the MSRP so much that they are in trouble...post #8893 of 92369/11/13 at 5:04pmpost #8894 of 92369/11/13 at 5:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 21 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 38 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-1R series MK2 1 minute ago
- › iRiver Astell & Kern AK120 DAP ~ LIKE NEW 2 minutes ago
- › Alternatives to IEM's? 2 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. Phase 2: Desktop vs Portable listening... 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 3 minutes ago
- › Amp/DAC combinations for the future 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob