- 388 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: cleveland ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 4/30/15 at 4:45am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Intro/Setup The on-ear open-back design is not a very popular segment. I suspect most overlook this category largely because of the lack of isolation compared to the many closed-back...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 555post #8311 of 92356/15/13 at 4:58pmNo ****.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8312 of 92356/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #8313 of 92356/15/13 at 11:21pm
Yeah. $180 is just too much for Monsters, now. There are so many great sounding options now for $50 to $100 less.. My JVC HA-FX40's sound ridiculously good for $20.
MTC's do sound pretty good. But mine fell apart 4 months into owning them(I had Golds actually). Maybe if the build quality was better, I'd say go for it.post #8314 of 92356/16/13 at 6:17ampost #8315 of 92356/16/13 at 6:58ampost #8316 of 92356/16/13 at 7:49amI think that's one of those no questions asked style replacements, not having to do with damage falling under warranty, iirc. Like you have one bailout from Monster if you drop them and they break, which would normally not be covered under warranty.post #8317 of 92356/16/13 at 1:18pmpost #8318 of 92356/16/13 at 1:51pm
It is just the general nuisance of dealing with it. If they were spectacular sounding I would have continued to deal with it. They sound good, but for $180+ I can think of 6 or 7other IEM's I would rather have that don't fall apart and aren't sold by a company that tells little old ladies that buy a DVD player they need to spend an additional $50 on a cable for it to work(happened to my mother-in-law via Best Buy)
Edited by Painful Chafe - 6/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #8319 of 92356/16/13 at 1:58pmpost #8320 of 92356/16/13 at 2:14pmpost #8321 of 92356/16/13 at 6:06pmpost #8322 of 92356/16/13 at 6:52pmpost #8323 of 92356/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)post #8324 of 92356/16/13 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)
they actually sounded good to my ears, unfortunately, the ergonomics weren't there so I sold them off long ago.
EDIT: just realized you said they were NOT horrible, nevermind
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/16/13 at 9:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 28 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 36 seconds ago
- › SF Bay Area Meet impressions (May 2, 2015) 51 seconds ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 1 minute ago
- › The Answer to $400 Smooth & Warm Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Have you ever heard sound coming from the front with headphones. 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2