- 598 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: cleveland ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 9/19/16 at 5:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/30/15
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 555post #8311 of 92356/15/13 at 4:58pmNo ****.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8312 of 92356/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #8313 of 92356/15/13 at 11:21pm
Yeah. $180 is just too much for Monsters, now. There are so many great sounding options now for $50 to $100 less.. My JVC HA-FX40's sound ridiculously good for $20.
MTC's do sound pretty good. But mine fell apart 4 months into owning them(I had Golds actually). Maybe if the build quality was better, I'd say go for it.post #8314 of 92356/16/13 at 6:17ampost #8315 of 92356/16/13 at 6:58ampost #8316 of 92356/16/13 at 7:49amI think that's one of those no questions asked style replacements, not having to do with damage falling under warranty, iirc. Like you have one bailout from Monster if you drop them and they break, which would normally not be covered under warranty.post #8317 of 92356/16/13 at 1:18pmpost #8318 of 92356/16/13 at 1:51pm
It is just the general nuisance of dealing with it. If they were spectacular sounding I would have continued to deal with it. They sound good, but for $180+ I can think of 6 or 7other IEM's I would rather have that don't fall apart and aren't sold by a company that tells little old ladies that buy a DVD player they need to spend an additional $50 on a cable for it to work(happened to my mother-in-law via Best Buy)
Edited by Painful Chafe - 6/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #8319 of 92356/16/13 at 1:58pmpost #8320 of 92356/16/13 at 2:14pmpost #8321 of 92356/16/13 at 6:06pmpost #8322 of 92356/16/13 at 6:52pmpost #8323 of 92356/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)post #8324 of 92356/16/13 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)
they actually sounded good to my ears, unfortunately, the ergonomics weren't there so I sold them off long ago.
EDIT: just realized you said they were NOT horrible, nevermind
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/16/13 at 9:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Band Name Game II 37 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › sound card for k240 1 minute ago
- › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD XC 3 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for great desktop speakers 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...