- 607 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: cleveland ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 555post #8311 of 92356/15/13 at 4:58pmNo ****.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8312 of 92356/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #8313 of 92356/15/13 at 11:21pm
Yeah. $180 is just too much for Monsters, now. There are so many great sounding options now for $50 to $100 less.. My JVC HA-FX40's sound ridiculously good for $20.
MTC's do sound pretty good. But mine fell apart 4 months into owning them(I had Golds actually). Maybe if the build quality was better, I'd say go for it.post #8314 of 92356/16/13 at 6:17ampost #8315 of 92356/16/13 at 6:58ampost #8316 of 92356/16/13 at 7:49amI think that's one of those no questions asked style replacements, not having to do with damage falling under warranty, iirc. Like you have one bailout from Monster if you drop them and they break, which would normally not be covered under warranty.post #8317 of 92356/16/13 at 1:18pmpost #8318 of 92356/16/13 at 1:51pm
It is just the general nuisance of dealing with it. If they were spectacular sounding I would have continued to deal with it. They sound good, but for $180+ I can think of 6 or 7other IEM's I would rather have that don't fall apart and aren't sold by a company that tells little old ladies that buy a DVD player they need to spend an additional $50 on a cable for it to work(happened to my mother-in-law via Best Buy)
Edited by Painful Chafe - 6/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #8319 of 92356/16/13 at 1:58pmpost #8320 of 92356/16/13 at 2:14pmpost #8321 of 92356/16/13 at 6:06pmpost #8322 of 92356/16/13 at 6:52pmpost #8323 of 92356/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)post #8324 of 92356/16/13 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)
they actually sounded good to my ears, unfortunately, the ergonomics weren't there so I sold them off long ago.
EDIT: just realized you said they were NOT horrible, nevermind
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/16/13 at 9:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 14 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Edition S - NEW Closed Portable 59 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ether C - Version 1.1 with 10" DUM cable 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic T51p & T51i impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 7 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 8 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear