- 609 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: cleveland ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 3/1/17 at 3:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 555post #8311 of 92356/15/13 at 4:58pmNo ****.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8312 of 92356/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #8313 of 92356/15/13 at 11:21pm
Yeah. $180 is just too much for Monsters, now. There are so many great sounding options now for $50 to $100 less.. My JVC HA-FX40's sound ridiculously good for $20.
MTC's do sound pretty good. But mine fell apart 4 months into owning them(I had Golds actually). Maybe if the build quality was better, I'd say go for it.post #8314 of 92356/16/13 at 6:17ampost #8315 of 92356/16/13 at 6:58ampost #8316 of 92356/16/13 at 7:49amI think that's one of those no questions asked style replacements, not having to do with damage falling under warranty, iirc. Like you have one bailout from Monster if you drop them and they break, which would normally not be covered under warranty.post #8317 of 92356/16/13 at 1:18pmpost #8318 of 92356/16/13 at 1:51pm
It is just the general nuisance of dealing with it. If they were spectacular sounding I would have continued to deal with it. They sound good, but for $180+ I can think of 6 or 7other IEM's I would rather have that don't fall apart and aren't sold by a company that tells little old ladies that buy a DVD player they need to spend an additional $50 on a cable for it to work(happened to my mother-in-law via Best Buy)
Edited by Painful Chafe - 6/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #8319 of 92356/16/13 at 1:58pmpost #8320 of 92356/16/13 at 2:14pmpost #8321 of 92356/16/13 at 6:06pmpost #8322 of 92356/16/13 at 6:52pmpost #8323 of 92356/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)post #8324 of 92356/16/13 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)
they actually sounded good to my ears, unfortunately, the ergonomics weren't there so I sold them off long ago.
EDIT: just realized you said they were NOT horrible, nevermind
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/16/13 at 9:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › COMING SOON: Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth,... 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › MYSPHERE 3.1-UNIQUE in SOUND&DESIGN&BUILD QUALITY 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 5 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › xuelin ihifi780 7 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT vs Simaudio Moon HAD 430 10 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 10 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear