- 373 Posts. Joined 8/2011
- Location: cleveland ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) Last post on 2/17/15 at 8:51am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 11/10/14 at 12:54am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 555post #8311 of 92356/15/13 at 4:58pmNo ****.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #8312 of 92356/15/13 at 5:06pmpost #8313 of 92356/15/13 at 11:21pm
Yeah. $180 is just too much for Monsters, now. There are so many great sounding options now for $50 to $100 less.. My JVC HA-FX40's sound ridiculously good for $20.
MTC's do sound pretty good. But mine fell apart 4 months into owning them(I had Golds actually). Maybe if the build quality was better, I'd say go for it.post #8314 of 92356/16/13 at 6:17ampost #8315 of 92356/16/13 at 6:58ampost #8316 of 92356/16/13 at 7:49amI think that's one of those no questions asked style replacements, not having to do with damage falling under warranty, iirc. Like you have one bailout from Monster if you drop them and they break, which would normally not be covered under warranty.post #8317 of 92356/16/13 at 1:18pmpost #8318 of 92356/16/13 at 1:51pm
It is just the general nuisance of dealing with it. If they were spectacular sounding I would have continued to deal with it. They sound good, but for $180+ I can think of 6 or 7other IEM's I would rather have that don't fall apart and aren't sold by a company that tells little old ladies that buy a DVD player they need to spend an additional $50 on a cable for it to work(happened to my mother-in-law via Best Buy)
Edited by Painful Chafe - 6/16/13 at 1:59pmpost #8319 of 92356/16/13 at 1:58pmpost #8320 of 92356/16/13 at 2:14pmpost #8321 of 92356/16/13 at 6:06pmpost #8322 of 92356/16/13 at 6:52pmpost #8323 of 92356/16/13 at 9:02pm
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)post #8324 of 92356/16/13 at 9:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ivabign
OK - I heard these were not HORRIBLE - but ebay has the Monster Gratitude IEM - New w/blemished box normally $229 for $79 (They also have refurbs for $149 - if you're insane)
they actually sounded good to my ears, unfortunately, the ergonomics weren't there so I sold them off long ago.
EDIT: just realized you said they were NOT horrible, nevermind
Edited by wormsdriver - 6/16/13 at 9:25pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 4 Hours in a Japanese Headphone dreamland...hunting for a king 21 seconds ago
- › A closed back headphone to compliment my Sennheiser HD580? 55 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 1 minute ago
- › I just failed the Tidal streaming equipment test!!! 2 minutes ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 3 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2