Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 552  

post #8266 of 9236

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27

 

Jabra Revo Wireless Bluetooth headphones on Amazon Lightning Deals- 1 hour left! (21% claimed): $180

post #8267 of 9236

For anyone considering the Sound Earphones deal on the Phonak Audeo PFE 122 and 132, please note that the 122 is an "In-Flight Edition" that does not come with the extra filters, silicone ear guides, and case that the "usual" PFE 122 comes with.  In other words, the PFE 122 that Sound Earphones is selling is more similar to the 02X models than to the other 12X models in terms of accessories.  I missed this when I ordered it a few days ago.

 

Still a good deal, but I now think the 132 is a better deal overall even if you don't need/want the volume buttons.  I returned the 122 In Flight Edition and exchanged it for a 132.

post #8268 of 9236
What filters does it come with installed then? I think my father ordered a set, but hasn't received it. Wondering if its worth opening.

I believe the filters can be purchased online separately.
post #8269 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oof Oink View Post


Ah, yes. Right you are.

Beware, the 122 at soundearphones is the in flight version, which apparently comes with nothing but the tips, cleaning tool, and airline adapter.  I'm pretty bummed that I didn't know that, I would have spent the extra 20 to get the better remote and other accessories since the filters are 20 bucks on their own.  Just get the 132 people. 

 

By the way, they sound GREAT!  I really love their sound and am thinking about getting the 132 anyway.

 

EDIT: Sorry ephemere, I didn't notice your post about this already.


Edited by Sladeophile - 6/13/13 at 2:23pm
post #8270 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

What filters does it come with installed then? I think my father ordered a set, but hasn't received it. Wondering if its worth opening.

I believe the filters can be purchased online separately.

Grey. I received mine.
post #8271 of 9236

are the grey filters the better ones? i know the green filters are the perfect bass ones.

 

Do they come with any case at all?

post #8272 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnullify View Post

are the grey filters the better ones? i know the green filters are the perfect bass ones.

 

Do they come with any case at all?

The grey ones sound really good.  From what I've read, they have the most balanced sound.  I've read some prefer the black because it rolls off the top end a bit and adds more bass, but I really like the top end with the grey.  I would consider them to be my preferred sound even before I hear the others because the bass is already pretty much where I like it %95 of the time and I don't want less top end, I think it sounds fantastic.  I do want to have some black ones to play around with too though.

 

No case whatsoever.  You get the IEMs, all the tips, cleaning tool, airline adapter and that's it.  Still a very good deal for $80 IMO, but I would have spent the extra $20 had I known that.

 

epehmere, was it easy to get them to do a return and exchange?  I contacted them after hours so I haven't heard back.


Edited by Sladeophile - 6/13/13 at 3:22pm
post #8273 of 9236

http://www.wwstereo.com/AKG/K142HD?source=pepperjam&publisherId=35404&clickId=624679030

 

WorldWideStereo (PA tax) (through techbargains.com) is selling the AKG K142HD for $70 after coupon code TECHBARGAINS

 

J&R store (NY tax) also selling for $70 without the need for coupon code

 

http://www.jr.com/akg-acoustics/pe/AKG_K142HD/?SiteID=Es5Ekr9eEBk-e9b1nnazg%2Fu1bdw76WkV1A&JRSource=linkshare

post #8274 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladeophile View Post

 

epehmere, was it easy to get them to do a return and exchange?  I contacted them after hours so I haven't heard back.

 

It was no problem to return it.  I didn't even break the shrink wrap on mine, once I saw what it was.  Honestly, it's still a great deal at $80, given how good these are.

 

Some do prefer the black filters, but many (most?) prefer grey.  I've never heard of anyone preferring green.  My first PFE was a 022 that I got a few weeks ago (before this deal) on ebay.  The first thing I did was to replace the green filters with grey that I bought from audeoworld.  I loved it so much that I immediately ordered another 022 from ebay as a backup.  And now the 132 on the way will let me experiment with the black filters.  I definitely want backups, given that they're no longer being made.  I'll be using these for many years.

post #8275 of 9236

UE500 for $24.88, not sure if it is a repost.

 

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Ultimate-Ears-Noise-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B003YKG2XM/ref=sr_1_1?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&ascsubtag=YGvxQNUHEeK72ur7UEsVTAEvL5_GZGb3_0_0_0&ie=UTF8&qid=1314872153&sr=8-1

post #8276 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladeophile View Post

Beware, the 122 at soundearphones is the in flight version, which apparently comes with nothing but the tips, cleaning tool, and airline adapter.  I'm pretty bummed that I didn't know that, I would have spent the extra 20 to get the better remote and other accessories since the filters are 20 bucks on their own.  Just get the 132 people. 

 

By the way, they sound GREAT!  I really love their sound and am thinking about getting the 132 anyway.

 

EDIT: Sorry ephemere, I didn't notice your post about this already.


I ordered the PFE 122s on Wednesday. Didn't know that basic accessories were not included.

Not too worried because I have left over PFE accessories for 2 pairs of 112s that I returned for warranty service in 2009 and 2010.

Although, I do wish I could find a set of black filters for under $20. I recall buying a set of black filters for $10 shipped in 2009.

The 100% mark up on filters makes no sense.

 

BTW, I've just noticed that the PFE132s are no longer available at soundearphones.com

 

http://www.soundearphones.com/search?s=&q=phonak+pfe

post #8277 of 9236

FiiO E17- $94.99 Ebay Daily Deal sold by Buydig.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FiiO-E17-USB-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier/310682265212

post #8278 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockphantom View Post


I ordered the PFE 122s on Wednesday. Didn't know that basic accessories were not included.

Not too worried because I have left over PFE accessories for 2 pairs of 112s that I returned for warranty service in 2009 and 2010.

Although, I do wish I could find a set of black filters for under $20. I recall buying a set of black filters for $10 shipped in 2009.

The 100% mark up on filters makes no sense.

 

BTW, I've just noticed that the PFE132s are no longer available at soundearphones.com

 

http://www.soundearphones.com/search?s=&q=phonak+pfe

Yes, it looks like I got the last set.  Really happy, these are really excellent for that price.

post #8279 of 9236

There are lots of the 132's left. I went to Sound Earphones today, and they are totally worth it. The sound is very good, and the filters do really change the sound of the headphones. 

post #8280 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G-C View Post

There are lots of the 132's left. I went to Sound Earphones today, and they are totally worth it. The sound is very good, and the filters do really change the sound of the headphones. 


When I called about 80 minutes ago, I was told that Sound Earphones are out of the PFE 132s.

However, they may receive some more on Monday.

I was then instructed to place a pre-order on the Sound Earphones website.

However, there is no way to order the 132s from their website.

 

http://www.soundearphones.com/products/phonak-pfe-132

I get a 404 from the above URL.

 

Milan

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.