Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 477  

post #7141 of 9236
Are the UE600's worth it for $80?

JJ
post #7142 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jumper View Post

Are the UE600's worth it for $80?
JJ

 

I bought mine for $50

post #7143 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Jumper View Post

Are the UE600's worth it for $80?
JJ

I got the UE 700 from amazon for $75
post #7144 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 I see  $89.99 at JRs.

Amazon is selling them for 79.95, but they are out of stock until Jan. 12.  To order them directly from Amazon for this price, click on the 'new' sellers link.

post #7145 of 9236

Could you provide a link? I am unable to get to the location you mention...

post #7146 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 I see  $89.99 at JRs.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhtpc View Post

Amazon is selling them for 79.95, but they are out of stock until Jan. 12.  To order them directly from Amazon for this price, click on the 'new' sellers link.

 

This is what I see.......

post #7147 of 9236

Amazing - I use the link and the UE700 was in stock at Amazon for $79 - I open another browser window and look up UE700 and it shows another company selling (with Prime service) for $100 - no mention of Amazon stock...

 

These are a gift for my daughter's birthday - I needed something nice, but reasonably priced - these fit the bill (my wife loves hers)

post #7148 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

Amazing - I use the link and the UE700 was in stock at Amazon for $79 - I open another browser window and look up UE700 and it shows another company selling (with Prime service) for $100 - no mention of Amazon stock...

 

These are a gift for my daughter's birthday - I needed something nice, but reasonably priced - these fit the bill (my wife loves hers)

 

I cannot explain it. Amazon direct says $100. opened in both Safari and Firefox. LOL

 

It's great you got them for $79.......now you can buy a extra special birthday cake with the money you saved!

post #7149 of 9236
post #7150 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Vsonic GR01 for $169.
http://www.headphonebar.com/vsonic-gr01/

I thought its always been that price...

post #7151 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkoudai View Post

I thought its always been that price...

They used to be, they went up a few months ago. Here's the going rate now at lendmeurears. Thanks for checking up on it though. tongue_smile.gif

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vsonic-GR01-/320834488127?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab339c73f

Can't have an invalid deal in the thread now can we?
post #7152 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


They used to be, they went up a few months ago. Here's the going rate now at lendmeurears. Thanks for checking up on it though. tongue_smile.gif
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vsonic-GR01-/320834488127?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item4ab339c73f
Can't have an invalid deal in the thread now can we?

Wow, didnt know the price went up.

 

Guess Vsonic has realised that their brand name is good now.

 

Thanks

post #7153 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

This is what I see.......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

I cannot explain it. Amazon direct says $100. opened in both Safari and Firefox. LOL

 

It's great you got them for $79.......now you can buy a extra special birthday cake with the money you saved!

I think I have an explanation for why we're getting different prices from the same site -- it's based on your location. Amazon is likely pricing items differently based on where a customer lives, which they can tell from a variety of ways. Obviously, they know if you log in as Prime User where you live and they know when you select the shipping location, but they can also tell from your IP address and your cookies.

 

The Wall Street Journal did a story on Dec. 24, 2012, that showed that Staples, Lowes, Rosetta Stone and other companies charge customers different price based on their ZIP codes. These companies were adjusting prices based on how far you lived from a brick-and-mortar competitor, but some were just charging more all the time to anyone who lived in Puerto Rico or New York City. I have no evidence that Amazon does the same thing -- they weren't mentioned in the story -- but you think if Lowe's can figure this stuff out, Amazon has had it nailed for years.

 

There may be some sort of technical workaround in which you adjust your browser settings to show you live somewhere else, but I would imagine Amazon would get you anyway once you entered your shipping address. But if my theory is correct, at least it helps us understand why we don't see the same deals that others are seeing. The only response that we collectively might want to consider is to agree to buy the deal that we're getting in our location for someone who lives elsewhere and send the product to the person who would otherwise get the higher price. Obviously, it has to be a pretty huge savings to be worthwhile and you have to have a fair amount of trust between members, but it's probably too much of a headache to be switching your computer settings all the time to catch a bargain. Maybe someone with deeper IT skills than mine can suggest an answer along those lines. 

post #7154 of 9236

check your local Marshalls/TJMaxx, i saw a bunch of Philips O'NEIL Stretch, with cell phone mic, for $29.99

not really high end phone, but great deal for beater headphone/set

post #7155 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

This is what I see.......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

I cannot explain it. Amazon direct says $100. opened in both Safari and Firefox. LOL

 

It's great you got them for $79.......now you can buy a extra special birthday cake with the money you saved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gone View Post

 

I think I have an explanation for why we're getting different prices from the same site -- it's based on your location. Amazon is likely pricing items differently based on where a customer lives, which they can tell from a variety of ways. Obviously, they know if you log in as Prime User where you live and they know when you select the shipping location, but they can also tell from your IP address and your cookies.

 

The Wall Street Journal did a story on Dec. 24, 2012, that showed that Staples, Lowes, Rosetta Stone and other companies charge customers different price based on their ZIP codes. These companies were adjusting prices based on how far you lived from a brick-and-mortar competitor, but some were just charging more all the time to anyone who lived in Puerto Rico or New York City. I have no evidence that Amazon does the same thing -- they weren't mentioned in the story -- but you think if Lowe's can figure this stuff out, Amazon has had it nailed for years.

 

There may be some sort of technical workaround in which you adjust your browser settings to show you live somewhere else, but I would imagine Amazon would get you anyway once you entered your shipping address. But if my theory is correct, at least it helps us understand why we don't see the same deals that others are seeing. The only response that we collectively might want to consider is to agree to buy the deal that we're getting in our location for someone who lives elsewhere and send the product to the person who would otherwise get the higher price. Obviously, it has to be a pretty huge savings to be worthwhile and you have to have a fair amount of trust between members, but it's probably too much of a headache to be switching your computer settings all the time to catch a bargain. Maybe someone with deeper IT skills than mine can suggest an answer along those lines. 

 

Now 

Price: $101.79     LOL

 

I purchase a lot of items from Amazon. Perishable goods and certain other types of stuff, they will not even ship to HI. How it works though, is not until checkout, after log in, does the "No Can Do' message appear. And then I always have the option of shipping to a 48 State address which I have a few times.

For Amazon at lest, I do not think it works that way.  But hey......its all good between me and Amazon.......every-time I see "you've qualified for free shipping" I think I hit the jackpot!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.