Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 466  

post #6976 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post

Which is a better IEM (especially for the money), a Klipsch X10 for $89 or a Westone Gold Edition for $239?

Im gonna take a wild stab, but I am pretty sure the Westone 3 is far superior to the x10. I don't havre the W3, but I do have the x10 and I find it to be pretty solid at $90.  However, I exchanged it for the A161p because the x10 has a slight more mid-bass hump than I would like (its good for dub-step, r&b and stuff but not as good for vocals) and slightly rolled off highs (but not nearly as bad as the s4i).  The x10 has a very smooth and addicting sound, and comfort is phenominal...you put it in your ears and you pretty much forget it.  It also has less microphonics than the A161.  

 

btw, where do you find a Westone 3 gold edition for $240?


Edited by thinh4u2 - 12/23/12 at 7:58pm
post #6977 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinh4u2 View Post

Im gonna take a wild stab, but I am pretty sure the Westone 3 is far superior to the x10. I don't havre the W3, but I do have the x10 and I find it to be pretty solid at $90.  However, I exchanged it for the A161p because the x10 has a slight more mid-bass hump than I would like (its good for dub-step, r&b and stuff but not as good for vocals) and slightly rolled off highs (but not nearly as bad as the s4i).  The x10 has a very smooth and addicting sound, and comfort is phenominal...you put it in your ears and you pretty much forget it.  It also has less microphonics than the A161.  

 

btw, where do you find a Westone 3 gold edition for $240?

I found it on this thread (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/w3gold.html) and then use "w3gold" for the code ($299 with an additional 20 percent off).

 

I know the W3 has 3 drivers (and is much more expensive MSRP), but I have read a lot of reviews that say it is not very comfortable, is difficult to get a good fit, and is bass heavy.  The X10 and W3 Gold are the best deals listed on the last couple pages.  Higher priced does not always equate to better, that is why I posted the question.  

 

For $239 are there better IEMs out there than the W3 Gold?  

post #6978 of 9236

Not sure if this is a good deal but I was at seattle premium outlets today and at the Sony Store they have the hybird tips for $0.78.

post #6979 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfapples View Post

Not sure if this is a good deal but I was at seattle premium outlets today and at the Sony Store they have the hybird tips for $0.78.

Damn, i was there few months ago, and they told me they don't carry it anymore.
post #6980 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtfapples View Post

Not sure if this is a good deal but I was at seattle premium outlets today and at the Sony Store they have the hybird tips for $0.78.

they're usually $0.99 at my local Sony Outlet Store. I went about 2 weeks ago and they were also $0.78 so I bought some. I was hoping to find a MDR EX 1000, but no such luck, the closest thing they had was a MDR EX-700Lp for like $115 I believe, and quite a few MDR EX-600 for about $120 if I remember correctly.

post #6981 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post

 

For $239 are there better IEMs out there than the W3 Gold?  

 

This is the deals thread, not the "help me find a set of IEMs"-thread redface.gif


Try here http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

post #6982 of 9236
post #6983 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staal View Post

 

This is the deals thread, not the "help me find a set of IEMs"-thread redface.gif


Try here http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Sorry, I am new here.  I read about the deal here and I was trying to make a decision.  I did decide to give the W3 a go.

post #6984 of 9236

For those in Canada, FS is selling the Klipsch X7i for $99

 

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/klipsch-klipsch-image-x7i-in-ear-headphones-black-imagex7ib/10218496.aspx?path=2fa5cb823051c1bc0289be5f378ec163en02

 

Also IE60 for 129.99 at NCIX

 

http://i2.minus.com/iePbpOT06TPiW.jpg


Edited by macbug - 12/24/12 at 4:59pm
post #6985 of 9236

This deal is okay. This year we've seen earphonesolutions give as much as 30% off site wide. Would have taken another $30 dollars (additional 10% off $300) off your $239. They did the 30% off one time, and 25% off multiple times. 

 

But if you really need some IEMs now, 20% off is still not bad. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post

I found it on this thread (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/w3gold.html) and then use "w3gold" for the code ($299 with an additional 20 percent off).

 

I know the W3 has 3 drivers (and is much more expensive MSRP), but I have read a lot of reviews that say it is not very comfortable, is difficult to get a good fit, and is bass heavy.  The X10 and W3 Gold are the best deals listed on the last couple pages.  Higher priced does not always equate to better, that is why I posted the question.  

 

For $239 are there better IEMs out there than the W3 Gold?  

post #6986 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinh4u2 View Post

Im gonna take a wild stab, but I am pretty sure the Westone 3 is far superior to the x10. I don't havre the W3, but I do have the x10 and I find it to be pretty solid at $90.  However, I exchanged it for the A161p because the x10 has a slight more mid-bass hump than I would like (its good for dub-step, r&b and stuff but not as good for vocals) and slightly rolled off highs (but not nearly as bad as the s4i).  The x10 has a very smooth and addicting sound, and comfort is phenominal...you put it in your ears and you pretty much forget it.  It also has less microphonics than the A161.  

 

btw, where do you find a Westone 3 gold edition for $240?

I found it on this thread (http://www.earphonesolutions.com/w3gold.html) and then use "w3gold" for the code ($299 with an additional 20 percent off).

 

I know the W3 has 3 drivers (and is much more expensive MSRP), but I have read a lot of reviews that say it is not very comfortable, is difficult to get a good fit, and is bass heavy.  The X10 and W3 Gold are the best deals listed on the last couple pages.  Higher priced does not always equate to better, that is why I posted the question.  

 

For $239 are there better IEMs out there than the W3 Gold?  

 

I have the W3, but not the gold version. Find them very enjoyable to listen to...pace, bass, doesn't muck up the midrange, though. Not sure how to rate these things as a value per dollar, but I think you'll enjoy them if they are as good as or better than my W3's. Ety 4's are in the price range, very different animal. Monster Gold and Brass sell at discount in the ballpark as well, have had them, like the W3 better.

post #6987 of 9236

I also have the x10's, nice headphones, but like the W3's better again. Here we get to the value thing...at less than half the price of the Westones, is one better off with the Klipsch? Diminishing returns always kicks in when you get to more expensive gear, but I do enjoy the W3 more than the x10 as well (not to put down the x10's, could live with them fine, if I were capable of settling down with 1 pair of 'phones...)

post #6988 of 9236

Amazon has Monster's Gel/Foam SuperTip Sampler Kit $14.60.  Not their lowest price ever, but the lowest it's been for a few months now.

 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TFEHMA/

post #6989 of 9236
Cheapest place to buy ex1000? They seem to be more expensive today compared to a year ago I could find them for 300
post #6990 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby1 View Post

Cheapest place to buy ex1000? They seem to be more expensive today compared to a year ago I could find them for 300

Sony's EX 600/1000 series have been discontinued in western parts of the world, last I heard they're still available in Japan. That's why you're running into trouble finding them at the prices they were a year ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.