Those MTPG are a really good deal, especially considering the lifetime warranty. The UE700's are also an excellent deal
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 6/5/16 at 2:34am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/6/16 at 1:51pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/30/15
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 459post #6871 of 923512/15/12 at 6:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6872 of 923512/15/12 at 6:31pmpost #6873 of 923512/15/12 at 6:34pm
Ugh. I can't decide about the Coppers. What d'you guys think of the price? I live in Canada tho, so headphones are generally soooo much more expensive here. And I lost my previous Coppers so I'll have two lifetime warranties..post #6874 of 923512/15/12 at 7:48pmQuote:
If you still have your lifetime warranty, you could get the refurbs off Monsters outlet site for $148. It's only the IEMs and a few tips, nothing else.post #6875 of 923512/15/12 at 9:57pmpost #6876 of 923512/15/12 at 9:59pmpost #6877 of 923512/15/12 at 10:01pmpost #6878 of 923512/15/12 at 10:20pmpost #6879 of 923512/15/12 at 10:21pmpost #6880 of 923512/15/12 at 10:31pmQuote:
I find it hard to compare full size cans to IEMs. I actually don't listen to my M50s that often, as I prefer the ATH-AD700 to them. I find the M50s a bit hot on my ears and the clamping force is uncomfortable after a while. I would still say the clarity and separation of the XBA-1s is better than the M50s. The M50s have a little more of a V shaped sound than the XBA-1s, to my ears. The XBA-1s have probably the flattest sound signature of any headphones I own.
Anyways, I went to Best Buy in Des Moines, IA again today looking for some budget full-sized headphones as a christmas present. Best Buy had the Citiscape Metro, Downtown, and Uptown all on clearance. I picked up the Uptowns for $50. There was some stock remaining for all 3 models, but the Uptowns were by far the best deal.
I don't know if this deal has previously been mentioned in this thread, but figured I would let you guys know. I know there were some stores clearancing these out a while ago, but I don't recall which ones and at which price.post #6881 of 923512/15/12 at 10:59pmQuote:
Thanks, I was pretty stoked on that deal. I was able to give my M80's to my son and keep the HD25's. I guess I'm at the point where if its not a crazy deal (50% off or so) then I'm good with what I've got.post #6882 of 923512/16/12 at 1:56amQuote:
V-Moda. VAMP. Amazon. $199.99.post #6883 of 923512/16/12 at 2:31amQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
V-Moda. VAMP. Amazon. $199.99.
will it work with an Ipod?post #6884 of 923512/16/12 at 2:43amQuote:Originally Posted by veyrongattiQuote:Originally Posted by warrenpchi
V-Moda. VAMP. Amazon. $199.99.
will it work with an Ipod?
LOL, no idea. I don't even have an iDevice.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 11 seconds ago
- › Looking for a new pair of open-back headphones that has bass! 24 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 33 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Just saw a guy carrying a Samurai sword on the NYC subway system 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...