Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 454  

post #6796 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAthlete View Post

Argh:

So between the Shure SE215, Klipsch X10 and UE700, all around the same price point which one would you keep? I currently have unopened Shure and Klipsch and love my triple fi, but now see these for $75, Want to pull the trigger but not sure...sigh.

I was wondering about the difference between the UE 700 and the X10 as well since there're both dual drivers. From what I've read, I think the X10 has more bass.
post #6797 of 9236
Monster isports are $30 with free shipping.
http://slickdeals.net/f/5698816-Monster-iSport-LIVESTRONG-In-Ear-Headphones-Rotating-OmniTip-Sound-Isolating-2-Colors-Yellow-or-Blue-30

I am not sure about the quality but these were retailing for $100 when they first came out. Supposed to be good for exercise, gym, running etc.
post #6798 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by donedj View Post

Monster isports are $30 with free shipping.
http://slickdeals.net/f/5698816-Monster-iSport-LIVESTRONG-In-Ear-Headphones-Rotating-OmniTip-Sound-Isolating-2-Colors-Yellow-or-Blue-30
I am not sure about the quality but these were retailing for $100 when they first came out. Supposed to be good for exercise, gym, running etc.

Looks like a great price; has anyone used Tiger direct before?

post #6799 of 9236
Tigerdirect is a known company. Fast shipping. If u have discover card sign up online at discover.com qnd get 5% cashback, also use shopdiscover link there and get another 5% cashback.
post #6800 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by donedj View Post

Tigerdirect is a known company. Fast shipping. If u have discover card sign up online at discover.com qnd get 5% cashback, also use shopdiscover link there and get another 5% cashback.

hmmm... 24 hours to decide..  But for almost the same price, Amazon has the JVC FXC80 for 35.28; it's the model prior to nano-tubes, but still tempting.

post #6801 of 9236

Klipsch X10 is a single BA (not dual). UE700 is dual BA

 

I believe both would sound very different. X10 being mids & low focused and I suspect it will have better bass than UE700, which is a more technical on the treble performance.

 

Check out ljokerl multi iem review thread to give you a good idea about it.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post


I was wondering about the difference between the UE 700 and the X10 as well since there're both dual drivers. From what I've read, I think the X10 has more bass.
post #6802 of 9236

I've been using these iSport for a week now every day (and no burn in). Opened up the box took them straight to the gym. Incredible sound for workout earphones.

 

You can't compare them with other mid/high end earphones as a direct comparison can only be made with other waterproof earphones. If the other earphone is not waterproof then it's not serving the same function as this one. At $30 these are a STEAL and easily best ANY workout earphone within the $100 range.

 

For what they are, they sound amazing. Tight bass, can handle loud volumes, decent soundstage, clear vocals. I gave my Sennheiser CX380 to my 8 year old nephew. Need to update my collection now.

post #6803 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAthlete View Post

I've been using these iSport for a week now every day (and no burn in). Opened up the box took them straight to the gym. Incredible sound for workout earphones.

 

You can't compare them with other mid/high end earphones as a direct comparison can only be made with other waterproof earphones. If the other earphone is not waterproof then it's not serving the same function as this one. At $30 these are a STEAL and easily best ANY workout earphone within the $100 range.

 

For what they are, they sound amazing. Tight bass, can handle loud volumes, decent soundstage, clear vocals. I gave my Sennheiser CX380 to my 8 year old nephew. Need to update my collection now.

blink.gif alright!  Sounds like a recommendation.  Especially if they really are waterproofbiggrin.gif

post #6804 of 9236

I wouldn't shower with them :) But I wouldn't worry about running with them in the rain or if the work out gets sweat intensive :) 

 

At $30, you will have nothing to complain about. Heck the pouch and the packaging alone are worth $10 :)

post #6805 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberAthlete View Post

I wouldn't shower with them :) But I wouldn't worry about running with them in the rain or if the work out gets sweat intensive :) 

 

At $30, you will have nothing to complain about. Heck the pouch and the packaging alone are worth $10 :)

 

I was looking at some IEMS for exercising so jumped on this offer :) Starting to wish I didn't order a pair of Munitio MW3 SE's now... then again I might just keep em in my book bag so I have some IEM's on me pretty much all the time (really not impressed with their sound but hey it was only $18).

post #6806 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by ertai View Post

Klipsch X10 is a single BA (not dual). UE700 is dual BA

I believe both would sound very different. X10 being mids & low focused and I suspect it will have better bass than UE700, which is a more technical on the treble performance.

Check out ljokerl multi iem review thread to give you a good idea about it.


Ok, I was thinking the X10 was a BA for some reason, thanks.
post #6807 of 9236

The X10 is a BA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post


Ok, I was thinking the X10 was a BA for some reason, thanks.
post #6808 of 9236
I though a balanced armature was at least 2 speakers in each bud with a crossover and a dynamic was one speaker per bud

And on a side note I picked up a couple of the iSports. Does anyone know if the drivers are the same as the regular turbines?
post #6809 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post

I though a balanced armature was at least 2 speakers in each bud with a crossover and a dynamic was one speaker per bud
And on a side note I picked up a couple of the iSports. Does anyone know if the drivers are the same as the regular turbines?

http://www.salmanashrafny.com/2011/03/balanced-armature-vs-dynamic-driver.html

 

there are a lot of single BA iems

post #6810 of 9236

No, they're just different ways of producing sound. One is a magnet that moves a diaphragm that moves air (dynamic), the other is a set of magnets that force air out of a tube (balanced armature). There are IEMs with 1 BA driver, 2 BA drivers, even 10 BA drivers.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uzFhlpKIvM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post

I though a balanced armature was at least 2 speakers in each bud with a crossover and a dynamic was one speaker per bud
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.