Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 452  

post #6766 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenpchi View Post

Based on what you've kept vs what you've gotten rid of, I think you'll like BAa.  Might be a little brighter than what you're used to in general, but you'll get used to it soon enough.  Looking forward to your thoughts on these.  smile.gif

Thanks! I'm thinking the sound sig on these will be similar to the Monnprice 8320.
post #6767 of 9236

I own both the TF10 and the UE700.  The Triple.fi 10's have a more sparkly treble and are a bit more detailed in every aspect, but both are very detailed.  The UE 700's are more comfortable.  I take the TF10's any day over the UE700's since I've never really had a problem with comfort with them, and the increased sound quality is worth the tradeoff in comfort to me.  For $75, the 700's are a no brainer, but if you're comparing the $75 UE700's with the $95 Amazon Black Friday TF10's from last year, The TF10's are worth the extra $20 without question.  They're a full step up in terms of sound quality from the 700's, as to be expected.  


Edited by onefatsurfer - 12/13/12 at 7:43am
post #6768 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenttw View Post


How do the UE700 handle bass? I listen to a lot of EDM and love my Westone 3s for that. I also like the miles Davis tribute but sold them because the blue cable was a bit too flashy for me and have been debating on picking up the turbine gold on amazon for $150. But these IEM deals are so hard to pass up!

 

Oh mate, you will love them, UE's signature generally are made for EDM, TF10's mid is a bit recessed, but UE700 is not recessed, bass is not basshead level but will hit when it's called upon (listen to some of Nic Chagall's tunes or remixes, or even A&B's stuff, you will know what I mean) - bass is superb, tight and no bleed, the bass is similar to TF10's but just marginally less impact, treble is good too, not as extended as TF10, but at the same time it is nowhere as bright as B2

 

The overall signature I would say is balanced with a very slight U curve, and you can wear this for hours and hours without any discomfort whatsoever

post #6769 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyRocket View Post


Thanks! I'm thinking the sound sig on these will be similar to the Monnprice 8320.

 

Hahaha umm no, UE700 is better almost in every way...8320 has bigger bass but it is bloated, whereas UE700 is tight and controlled

post #6770 of 9236

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyPenguin View Post

The MEE-What? Promotion is back.  Last time I lucked out and got the Grand Prize!!

 

http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm

 

Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout

The MEE What? Promotion:

Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth!

 

For the MEE What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:

  • M16 in-ear earphone in one of two colors (regular price: $19.99)
  • M6 Sport in-ear earphone (regular price: $29.99)
  • M31 in-ear earphone in one of four colors (regular price: $34.99)
  • Grand Prize: A151 in-ear earphone (regular price: $74.99)*
  •  

*1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment

 

Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout

The MEE "P" What? Promotion:

Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE "P" What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth!

 

For the MEE "P" What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:

  • M16P in-ear earphone with mic/remote in one of two colors (regular price: $24.99)
  • M9P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $29.99)
  • M31P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $39.99)
  • Grand Prize: A161P Hi-Fi in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $99.99)*
  •  

*1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment


 

 


All sales final; no price adjustments; no exchanges for a different product allowed; products are selected randomly at time of shipping

Limit TWO per customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

 

I put my order in.....I'll post what I get  popcorn.gif

 

Bummer.......got the garbage M16 and they charged me $4.00 freight which actually makes them more expensive then can be bought elsewhere.

I'll see if I can return them which will cost another $2 or so. I'll think about the $6.00 as a pull on the slot machine in which I did not hit.

post #6771 of 9236
Think about it this way, you have just spent 6 bucks on a nice xmas present to someone who needs a new pair of earphones and doesn't know or care about head-fi wink.gif
post #6772 of 9236

I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

 

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

post #6773 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post

Think about it this way, you have just spent 6 bucks on a nice xmas present to someone who needs a new pair of earphones and doesn't know or care about head-fi wink.gif

 

You know what? Excellent idea...just what I'll do. Thanks man...you made my morning!  beerchug.gif

post #6774 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

You know what? Excellent idea...just what I'll do. Thanks man...you made my morning!  beerchug.gif

Cheers mate beerchug.gif
One good thing about this hobby is that you can gift away many of your unused ´phones and they will think that you are the best biggrin.gif
post #6775 of 9236

I want to apologize for this in advance..... but - 

 

50% off all Skullcandy headphones with code REDBULL50

 

I think I heard they may have one pair of phones that sound good... I will admit, I was in Target a couple of days ago and tried Beats for the first time - and either they were blown, or they sounded awful - bloated bass and recessed highs - grainy mids...

 

I then listened to a pair of Skullcandy Aviators - they at least had a bite - there was some definition. I use IEM's exclusively. I own a pair of IE8's, TF10's, CC51's, Brainwavz R1's.... and 5 pairs of Rosewill Woodies... so I probably can't shed any light on full size cans - but of the 6 pairs of cans on display (2 Beats, 2 Sony's, 2 Skullcandy's) - the Aviators sounded the best - probably not saying anything there... 

 

Might be able to find a nice pair for a teenager in your family - also FREE SHIPPING

post #6776 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinquito View Post


One good thing about this hobby is that you can gift away many of your unused ´phones and they will think that you are the best

 

I could not agree with that more.  I have given SOOOOO many headphones away as gifts to friends and family.  People are always so thankful.  Some have been brand new, never opened.  Others have been ones I have tried and did not like the sound signature.  Either way, people are happy to get them. 

 

Lots of the gifts I give have been right here because of the deals thread too.

..

post #6777 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraguie View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodyPenguin View Post

The MEE-What? Promotion is back.  Last time I lucked out and got the Grand Prize!!

 

http://www.meelec.com/MEE_MEE_What_p/earphone-mee-what.htm

 

Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout

The MEE What? Promotion:

Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth!

 

For the MEE What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:

  • M16 in-ear earphone in one of two colors (regular price: $19.99)
  • M6 Sport in-ear earphone (regular price: $29.99)
  • M31 in-ear earphone in one of four colors (regular price: $34.99)
  • Grand Prize: A151 in-ear earphone (regular price: $74.99)*
  •  

*1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment

 

Limited-time savings: Use coupon code "WOWMEE" at checkout

The MEE "P" What? Promotion:

Life can be boring when you know what you are going to get, so why not try your luck with the MEE "P" What deal? It's like giving yourself a gift - the intrigue and wonder of your earphone will get your adrenaline flowing and you’re guaranteed to get your money’s worth!

 

For the MEE "P" What you will receive one of the following, selected randomly:

  • M16P in-ear earphone with mic/remote in one of two colors (regular price: $24.99)
  • M9P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $29.99)
  • M31P in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $39.99)
  • Grand Prize: A161P Hi-Fi in-ear earphone with mic/remote (regular price: $99.99)*
  •  

*1 Grand Prize per 500 orders; winner determined randomly at time of shipment


 

 


All sales final; no price adjustments; no exchanges for a different product allowed; products are selected randomly at time of shipping

Limit TWO per customer

 

Bummer.......got the garbage M16 and they charged me $4.00 freight which actually makes them more expensive then can be bought elsewhere.

I'll see if I can return them which will cost another $2 or so. I'll think about the $6.00 as a pull on the slot machine in which I did not hit.

All sales final.

 

I ordered the UE700, thought about it for about an hour, and then proceeded to cancelling. I'm thinking of re-ordering it... :)

post #6778 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by softrally View Post

All sales final.

 

I ordered the UE700, thought about it for about an hour, and then proceeded to cancelling. I'm thinking of re-ordering it... :)

I did exactly the same and thinking about re-ordering too LOL

 

Did buy the Sony XBA 3s so, something to look forward there too.

post #6779 of 9236
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDIOBREEDER View Post

I've mentioned it before & I'm saying it again

 

Sony XBA-1 on clearance for $36.00 in Best Buy stores. Went there today and saw another batch displayed. If you like Etymotics, then this is for you. It has a great fit similar to Etys. I almost thought that the whole earphone went inside my ear!

Went looking in my local Best Buy, all I got was a headache from the Christmas displays, crowds, and in your face sales people. 

 

 

 

Quote:
What you don't have them in stock?  ...... NO! I do not want the SKULLCANDY earphones instead!!!
post #6780 of 9236

I see you are from NJ too. Did you go to one in Union NJ. It is displayed on the left side (of the headphone/earphone section)  as you enter through the middle of the store (opp. the cage where they stock the extras)

 

I am from Bridgewater and here they didnt have them on display. I was looking for a 50'' plasma TV. They didnt have it, So I drove to Union & there was only 1 remaining today. When I posted couple of days ago there were 3.

 

I already bought 2 (at different months), cause I love their sound when paired with my walkman.
 


Edited by AUDIOBREEDER - 12/13/12 at 2:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.