- 112 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: Folsom, Sacramento, CA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shootout: 113 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Alpha Design Labs ADL H118 added 07/15/14) Last post on 8/21/14 at 9:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 6/24/14 at 11:12pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/3/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/3/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 418post #6256 of 923611/22/12 at 1:27pmI was going through some advertisements for Black Friday and Staples is having a 50% sale on all of their Audio Technica headphones. Might be worth a look.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6257 of 923611/22/12 at 2:01pm
Nope, I got the last W3 and W2.
This Seattle InMotion said they may be one of the last InMotion shops in US that have them on clearance.
They said the clearance is due to packaging change, and they have to tear up the old packaging and send them back (?).
This store still have bunch of new ones (I assume in new packaging) on the wall for full price though. But another InMotionI just checked doesn't carry any Westone products anymore.Quote:
Ones I got are supposedly new "open box" (but really without any packaging at all). No E6 and no carrying case. And some tips that I am not sure if really came from Westone or Etymotic. That's why I was somewhat hesitant to make the purchase.post #6258 of 923611/22/12 at 3:17pmpost #6259 of 923611/22/12 at 3:54pmpost #6260 of 923611/22/12 at 4:08pm
Wow... when I got my W2's they were in packaging with the E6 - he offered me another pair he called demos for $49 - maybe that's what they were offering you - but were they offering the ones with no packaging for the full $99? That's BS.post #6261 of 923611/22/12 at 5:07pmpost #6262 of 923611/22/12 at 5:10pmQuote:
what are replacing your TF10s? I was hoping for a TF10 BF deal...but seeing now that they are dc'd...i am so sad. Not sure what IEMs to get in that $100 budget. I need something similar to my D2k's with portability. I am leaning towards shure se215 i guess...post #6263 of 923611/22/12 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by thinh4u2Quote:
what are replacing your TF10s? I was hoping for a TF10 BF deal...but seeing now that they are dc'd...i am so sad. Not sure what IEMs to get in that $100 budget. I need something similar to my D2k's with portability. I am leaning towards shure se215 i guess...
They were discontinued last year, yet they still popped up for $99. I wouldn't lose hope quite yet. They usually don't go on sale until the day after thanksgiving, so keep an eye out tomorrow morning.post #6264 of 923611/22/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
Sorry, I ordered the Brainwavz B2!
If they Triple Fi did come up again I would buy them too.post #6265 of 923611/22/12 at 6:01pm
I think I posted before, defintely did on some other threads...InMotion is hit or miss at this point, but I did find headphones at both ends of a Newark to Orlando trip I had to take last week. In Newark they still had the Westone 3's and 2's, but just a pair or 2...I got the 3;s there, with packaging, for about $150. In the Orlando airport coming back, thought I'd try again...they had the 4's, this time no packaging or accessories, was able to negotiate down to $100, bought a Westone case for another $20. Slim pickings, but some still around was my sense, hit or miss. The staff also don't seem to know about it, I had to ask to check in the back, then they came back with what they had. Nothing to lose if you're in an airport anyway...I was not expecting any to still be around, but it does seem to be possible to still find some at some stores.post #6266 of 923611/22/12 at 6:24pm
Any good deals for AKG Q701 or Sennheiser HD598? I have ath-m50s and im thinking about getting those Ultrasone HFI-580s, seems as they are "better" than the m50s?post #6267 of 923611/22/12 at 6:39pmQuote:
Apparently there's a ~30% off coupon code for www.sennheiserusa.com
Code is: BBYHOLIDAYKICKOFFpost #6268 of 923611/22/12 at 7:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by anoxy
Apparently there's a ~30% off coupon code for www.sennheiserusa.com
Code is: BBYHOLIDAYKICKOFF
Entered the code and nothing happened except shipping went from $10 to $0.post #6269 of 923611/22/12 at 7:21pmpost #6270 of 923611/22/12 at 8:12pmQuote:
I was kind of confused when you said $210 because it went from $500 to $340, but then i noticed the gift card for iTunes. Great freebie but i have no use for it. Id be interested in the hd 650 but im not sure if it has the type of sound i would like, just going by what ive read about the 598 vs 650.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › How bright are Grados? 6 seconds ago
- › I don't quite understand this whole "balanced output/input"deal,... 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 57 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i ***Canada*** 4 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › WARNING: Fake IE8s! Comparison pictures included!! 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)