Considering a lot of people think they're not THAT recessed, it's probably too much mid for him...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 2/1/17 at 9:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 2/24/17 at 9:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 12/26/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/16
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
I just got my X1 II but I'm really busy so I will first pen a few quick thoughts and edit this next time/respond to any comments or PMs you send me :) Info and Specs...
Empire Ears & Effect Audio Collaboration “ARTHUR” Intro Specifications Arthur frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz Sensitivity: 21ohm @ 1mw 14 Balanced Armature drivers...
I love Ibasso, really respect there products, especially the DX90 wich I still use everyday after 3 years and have lot of pleasure to listen to, i'm still amaze by the clear, neutral and analytical...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 373post #5581 of 92359/14/12 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5582 of 92359/14/12 at 7:33pm
Ya gotta get to know an IEM. Spend a little time. Don't rush to judgement. I could tell when I got the right seal on HF3 and so far am liking what I hear.
But I digress. Guys, we should keep our comments in dedicated thread and leave this one for DEALS, BABY, DEALS!post #5583 of 92359/14/12 at 7:48pmpost #5584 of 92359/15/12 at 12:40am
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.post #5585 of 92359/15/12 at 8:10ampost #5586 of 92359/15/12 at 8:12ampost #5587 of 92359/15/12 at 8:56ampost #5588 of 92359/15/12 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by VeXun
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.
They havent been very successful selling them, even at $79, which is what they were marked at last year. If they sold the HF2's, I think they would do marginally better, as other smartphones could atleast utilize the microphone. For the unassuming buyer, they would simply think the HF3 mic is broken.Quote:
These are really good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the HF2/3/5's are, in my opinion, a superior IEM to the likes of the X10's and B2's (although, personally I cant handle the treble on the B2's; theres just too much!)
Edited by aleki - 9/15/12 at 9:50ampost #5589 of 92359/15/12 at 5:25pmpost #5590 of 92359/15/12 at 6:45pmpost #5591 of 92359/15/12 at 7:27pmpost #5592 of 92359/15/12 at 7:34pmpost #5593 of 92359/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #5594 of 92359/15/12 at 9:23pmpost #5595 of 92359/15/12 at 9:23pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The Official Sony TA-ZH1ES Hi-Res Headphone Amplifier (Live From... 30 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rose Technology Discussion & Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear