Considering a lot of people think they're not THAT recessed, it's probably too much mid for him...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 5/1/16 at 4:06pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/4/16 at 12:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/30/15
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 373post #5581 of 92359/14/12 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5582 of 92359/14/12 at 7:33pm
Ya gotta get to know an IEM. Spend a little time. Don't rush to judgement. I could tell when I got the right seal on HF3 and so far am liking what I hear.
But I digress. Guys, we should keep our comments in dedicated thread and leave this one for DEALS, BABY, DEALS!post #5583 of 92359/14/12 at 7:48pmpost #5584 of 92359/15/12 at 12:40am
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.post #5585 of 92359/15/12 at 8:10ampost #5586 of 92359/15/12 at 8:12ampost #5587 of 92359/15/12 at 8:56ampost #5588 of 92359/15/12 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by VeXun
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.
They havent been very successful selling them, even at $79, which is what they were marked at last year. If they sold the HF2's, I think they would do marginally better, as other smartphones could atleast utilize the microphone. For the unassuming buyer, they would simply think the HF3 mic is broken.Quote:
These are really good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the HF2/3/5's are, in my opinion, a superior IEM to the likes of the X10's and B2's (although, personally I cant handle the treble on the B2's; theres just too much!)
Edited by aleki - 9/15/12 at 9:50ampost #5589 of 92359/15/12 at 5:25pmpost #5590 of 92359/15/12 at 6:45pmpost #5591 of 92359/15/12 at 7:27pmpost #5592 of 92359/15/12 at 7:34pmpost #5593 of 92359/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #5594 of 92359/15/12 at 9:23pmpost #5595 of 92359/15/12 at 9:23pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › WA22 let's roll some tubes (Done Mod, Burnning-in) 54 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 1 minute ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 1 minute ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M2 3 minutes ago
- › JH Audio & Astell&Kern Siren Series Full Metal Jacket Line Announced! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...