Considering a lot of people think they're not THAT recessed, it's probably too much mid for him...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Shootout: 114 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Xiaomi Mi Headphones added 04/21/2015) Last post on 8/26/15 at 1:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 5/14/15 at 2:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 6/26/15
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 373post #5581 of 92359/14/12 at 7:26pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5582 of 92359/14/12 at 7:33pm
Ya gotta get to know an IEM. Spend a little time. Don't rush to judgement. I could tell when I got the right seal on HF3 and so far am liking what I hear.
But I digress. Guys, we should keep our comments in dedicated thread and leave this one for DEALS, BABY, DEALS!post #5583 of 92359/14/12 at 7:48pmpost #5584 of 92359/15/12 at 12:40am
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.post #5585 of 92359/15/12 at 8:10ampost #5586 of 92359/15/12 at 8:12ampost #5587 of 92359/15/12 at 8:56ampost #5588 of 92359/15/12 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by VeXun
So is this cowboom website that sells these hf3's for so cheap selling them because they are overstock or what? I know the average person buying headphones wouldn't like etymotic because they wouldn't get the right seal and think they sound bad and lack bass because they don't have them in properly, so my guess is that etymotic is held back because of this, even though they come with a special paper telling you how essential a good seal is for sound quality.
They havent been very successful selling them, even at $79, which is what they were marked at last year. If they sold the HF2's, I think they would do marginally better, as other smartphones could atleast utilize the microphone. For the unassuming buyer, they would simply think the HF3 mic is broken.Quote:
These are really good. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, the HF2/3/5's are, in my opinion, a superior IEM to the likes of the X10's and B2's (although, personally I cant handle the treble on the B2's; theres just too much!)
Edited by aleki - 9/15/12 at 9:50ampost #5589 of 92359/15/12 at 5:25pmpost #5590 of 92359/15/12 at 6:45pmpost #5591 of 92359/15/12 at 7:27pmpost #5592 of 92359/15/12 at 7:34pmpost #5593 of 92359/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #5594 of 92359/15/12 at 9:23pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › vibro veritas, measuring our IEMs like a pro with amateur budget. 42 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 3 minutes ago
- › $400-500 bass forward headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Looking for new headphones (considering ATH-M50X, DT-770PRO 250,... 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2