you people know the HM5 are still for $100 from mp4nation , right? (may not be that portable, but worth mentioning) free shipp , and includes a headphone stand...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCreative Aurvana 2 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Air - Headphones ( over-the-ear )tagged by System, 11/6/11
- productCreative Aurvana Live! Headphonestagged by System, 11/6/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 10/20/10
- productKlipsch IMAGE S4-WH In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphone, Whitetagged by System, 1/20/11
- productPanasonic RP-HJE900tagged by System, 1/20/11
- productShure SE215tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE425 Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-CL Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with Detachable Cable (Clear)tagged by System, 2/24/12
- productShure SE535-V Earphonetagged by System, 2/24/12More
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/23/11
- productSuper.fi 5 Pro White Earphonestagged by System, 2/2/11
- productUltimate Ears 700 Noise Isolating Earphonestagged by System, 10/20/10
- productWestone 1 Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 2 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4R with Removable Cablestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone 4 True-Fit Earphonestagged by System, 2/24/12
- productWestone UM3xtagged by System, 2/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Buying portable or in-ear headphones? Seeking guidance? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for... Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Shootout: 111 Portable Headphones Reviewed (Creative Aurvana Live! 2 added 02/25/14) Last post on 4/19/14 at 8:13pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Whats the best Balanced Armature iem you have ever tried? Last post on 4/21/14 at 7:23am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 11/26/12 at 3:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. - Page 370
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5537 of 92369/8/12 at 11:36ampost #5538 of 92369/8/12 at 12:45pmpost #5539 of 92369/8/12 at 1:35pmQuote:
+1 Hell I don't even know who you are - or what unit we're talking about here - but that just sounds like a cool ass thing to do.post #5540 of 92369/9/12 at 10:39pm
http://www.drjays.com/shop/P1306905/aviator-headphones.html Aviators 110 dollars with 20 percent off with the code 20FALL
Edited by veyrongatti - 9/9/12 at 11:02pmpost #5541 of 92369/10/12 at 10:13am
the FS atrio mg7 are 130 shipped on amazon again. This time I'm actually buying them.post #5542 of 92369/10/12 at 11:34ampost #5543 of 92369/10/12 at 7:17pm
I had a chance to try some Phillips SHL9705A on ear headphones for Android Phones (they work fine on my iPhone minus the volume controls) and man do they sound good and the good news is they are priced good too if you follow the Amazon link, they are $29.95 through Amazon from JR. The normal retail is $99. I will be writing up a quick impression on these tomorrow or the next day but here is a quick rundown.
post #5544 of 92369/10/12 at 9:15pmpost #5545 of 92369/10/12 at 9:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by imackler
- While being closed they are more of a semi closed design so not great for transit or where you want isolation.
- Extremely comfortable (I wear glasses and can wear these for a couple hours with ZERO ear pain.
- Nice elegant looking design with metal in the cups.
- Comfortable but simply headband.
- These fold flat but not inward.
- Mildly V shaped signature that still retains clears mids.
- Bass is nice and full but not over powering. I would not call the bass overly punchy but not flabby either.
- Slight midbass hump but not over done, just enough to make the hump have a bit more thump.
- Mids are slightly warm but not dark.
- Treble can get a bit hot but only on some music.
- I listen to mainly low volumes and liked these at that volume, at loud volumes I think these will start to lose definition.
- These were best with classical, accoustic music, and Celtic music. They are good with Jazz and classic rock, but only OK with aggressive rock like Metal and genres with aggressive treble.
Wow Imackler,really,really tempting,hahaha!
unfortunately i stiil cannot afford it,i dont even have an Apple,although i am creating a useless expectation about any Itouch tomorrow at the Apple release product.post #5546 of 92369/10/12 at 11:09pmpost #5547 of 92369/11/12 at 2:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by imackler
Monster Turbine JR.com $59 http://www.jr.com/monster-cable/pe/MC_128038/
They appear to be new and not refurbs which is surprising at that price - a great deal.post #5548 of 92369/11/12 at 8:59pmpost #5549 of 92369/11/12 at 9:06pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
This thread is locked
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 19 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 33 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 50 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Nuforce Primo 8 - an Audiophile Phase Coherent Quad Balanced... 3 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude